Jump to content
MakeWebGames

Leading Web Games


Leading Web Games

Recommended Posts

I would like to introduce a new top list site, Leading Web Games. We have a number of features for both game owners and voters, and we will be adding new features on a regular basis. We encourage all game owners to submit their site because we are new so you now is your best chance for getting a high ranking.

Why should I add my site?

1. We are new! This means you have a good chance of having your site rank highly and so gain a good number of site visits.

2. We will never display ads on our site. We thinks ads detract from experience of any website and we do not require ad revenue to keep our site alive. :)

3. Intuitive control panel. The control panel which you have access to is very easy to use.

4. Add unlimited sites. We let you add as many of your sites as you want.

5. No banner fee! Some voting sites charge you for adding a banner, or display your banner intermittently. We don't charge you anything for your banner and display it all the time.

6. Support. We provide quick support (which many other top list sites do not provide). If you have any questions, contact us.

7. Incentives. We offer you the option of rewarding your users for voting (not all top list sites offer this). We believe our system is one of the simplest for providing this service. When adding a site you have the option of providing an incentive URL (this is the URL to which we will send the HTTP request which contains the user's username or user ID). For more information, click here.

 

Read our FAQ for further information.

Contact us on our site or post any comments below.

Leading Web Games

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a generic script that hasn't been touched up. Why would a game want to register onto yours when there are 100's of others, especially top games, that are having a hard time gaining traffic to their site in the first place. Just a couple of things to think about.

Anyways good luck, however, I see a lot of improvements needed to be done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a generic script that hasn't been touched up. Why would a game want to register onto yours when there are 100's of others, especially top games, that are having a hard time gaining traffic to their site in the first place. Just a couple of things to think about.

Anyways good luck, however, I see a lot of improvements needed to be done.

Hi W3Theory || Peter,

This is not a generic script. It is custom built, we are using the Foundation framework for our front-end so that might be why you think it is a generic script?

We have listed a few reasons for registering with us in our OP. Many thanks for your other comments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish you luck. But there are too many voting sites out there for Text Based Games.

You should aim at another Gaming Market, like as my own FPS game is to be released in the coming months, First Person Shooter voting sites are lacking.

Shameful product placement is shameful, [MENTION=70408]WildHosting[/MENTION].

@LeadingWebGames - There are few UX issue you could sort out. I added http://google.com as my site - which you could filter out, by sending a request to the inputted site and scan the meta tags (description and maybe title) for game related key words. Also, the second site in the list (Team Breakout) resolves to an empty document root. I would validate that there is actual game content at the site before sending the user there.

The user interface is pretty nice and simplistic, however, i'd try and spice it up a little. (I'm not a front-end designer, so i could be wrong, but...)

You may also want to fix up the few issues with your markup, too!

It would also be pretty cool to be able to sort the listings to my desires;

  • Clicks out/in
  • Votes
  • Newly registered
  • Voting statistics in the last month
  • ...

 

> We are new! This means you have a good chance of having your site rank highly and so gain a good number of site visits.

I feel your first (and most repeated) point is mostly redundant and made me think twice about putting my game (?) on your website, mainly because it will (mostly) just benefit you. Your wording is clever, but ultimately, having your site top of a new top list doesn't really mean anything. All other listings could resolve to non-game related sites, or empty document roots (like i pointed out earlier), or just be sub-par (imma-make-some-quick-cash-with-this-game game - everyone on this forum knows what they're like (they have a lifespan of ~2months)).

To really, in my opinion, catch the attention of serious game owners who will drive traffic to your site (because that's really what it's about. More traffic to your site = more success for your site (nobody likes a dead site)) and create a sort of community around Leading Web Games is to offer them something in return. I realise you're not running ads on your site, so crediting sites with some free ad space for signing up is out of the question, but maybe;

  • Build a twitter base and tweet about the game
  • Have a blog and write a review about them
  • ...

 

What i am really trying to say with the last point is two work on level with the game owners. Help drive traffic to their site (because that is the aim of a top list site). Work hand-in-hand. Game owners will drive traffic to your site, so give the game owners something in return...some recognition to audience that don't (maybe/probably) frequent top list sites, but maybe other media (twitter/blogs/etc)

:)

Edited by sniko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[MENTION=65371]sniko[/MENTION] Thank you for your detailed comments.

In regards to your first point, you are right that we could filter out sites from being submitted which are obviously not games and this may be added in the future. For the time being all sites submitted are processed (they don't just appear on the top list once submitted).

Many thanks for your idea on being able to sort the list, this may be added soon. :)

The site that was empty wasn't empty when it was added, that is why it was accepted. All of your other detailed comments are appreciated as well and I agree that it is important to go down the social networking route in order to build a good community and gain the attention of game owners. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry Sniko, but why would that even come to your mind if that was how you meant anyhow.

I did indeed give an example, as for the FPS i'm creating I would love to see a voting type site around in the future for it.

Besides, in the past if you had created a web game, I bet you submitted it on a voting site or two. So it's a hypocritical comment and every free way to advertise is a bonus anyhow even when I didn't mean my comment in that way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry Sniko, but why would that even come to your mind if that was how you meant anyhow.

I did indeed give an example, as for the FPS i'm creating I would love to see a voting type site around in the future for it.

Besides, in the past if you had created a web game, I bet you submitted it on a voting site or two. So it's a hypocritical comment and every free way to advertise is a bonus anyhow even when I didn't mean my comment in that way.

Not to start a war, but....

> I wish you luck.

Start the reply off with a positive, focusing on OPs project.

> But there are too many voting sites out there for Text Based Games.

Hmmm, some "friendly" advice (but not backed up with any evidence).

> You should aim at another Gaming Market

Derailing OPs aims with his project. Giving commands such as "should", but not giving any evidence why this would be beneficial to OP, apart from one claim absent of evidence.

> like as my own FPS game is to be released in the coming months

Potentially giving OP some material to work with. An initial listing (self-promoting listing. Trying to gain awareness of your project). Potentially derailing the thread and focus on your project.

> First Person Shooter voting sites are lacking.

Hmmm, some "friendly" advice (but not backed up with any evidence).

Saying all that, OP doesn't actually restrict his site to just text-based games. He doesn't hint towards just a text-based game oriented list site anywhere in his OP, nor the FAQ. You could, I guess, if your FPS was web based, put your game on there...

Edited by sniko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not to start a war, but....

> I wish you luck.

Start the reply off with a positive, focusing on OPs project.

> But there are too many voting sites out there for Text Based Games.

Hmmm, some "friendly" advice (but not backed up with any evidence).

> You should aim at another Gaming Market

Derailing OPs aims with his project. Giving commands such as "should", but not giving any evidence why this would be beneficial to OP, apart from one claim absent of evidence.

> like as my own FPS game is to be released in the coming months

Potentially giving OP some material to work with. An initial listing (self-promoting listing. Trying to gain awareness of your project). Potentially derailing the thread and focus on your project.

> First Person Shooter voting sites are lacking.

Hmmm, some "friendly" advice (but not backed up with any evidence).

Saying all that, OP doesn't actually restrict his site to just text-based games. He doesn't hint towards just a text-based game oriented list site anywhere in his OP, nor the FAQ. You could, I guess, if your FPS was web based, put your game on there...

I'm not going to pick out again every part of what you just said and comment back on it. But that is honestly picky and pathetic by you.

It seems you have something against me if you are picking out with the words "friendly" and so on like I am judging in a bad way and sarcastically being friendly with him. I gave my OPINION, because there is hundreds of voting sites for "TEXT"; web based games Sniko.

I gave him a secondary gaming market to aim it towards Sniko which is wide open and which is the one i'm working within & in the future or ultimately soon I would love to see a site like his based at CLIENT based games such as my FPS as there would be no where fair decent to list it.

Like you said, no war overall it was an opinion and a suggestion and there was no need for you to dive deep into a load of crap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

First off I would like to wish you luck! I know this is a tough business here to compete with sites such as Apex etc. like stated before, you need some UI improvements and I would work on that before trying to advertise your service because it can put some people off.

I'm just curious, do you have anything to offer that other sites don't have? I respect the fact that you dont do ads which brings more focus to the game listings but this is a double edge blade and here is why(based on actual events):

In order to get quality games you either need to give game owners something to list their game like free advertising or have other top quality games. Owners of "Good" games are real hesitant to list their game if they have no competition because they are afraid of when people go and vote for theirs they see another game and sign up there.

Well that's the point you say? Agreed but it also costs the game owners because they reward their players and if they are rewarding them to boost their rankings in the site what's the point if they are the most active game there? They want to be the game that when players vote for a game they see them and sign up.

The only thing that I really see is the fact you have incentive voting. But to be honest that should really be a standard these days. Only a few voting sites that I have come across don't offer incentive voting out of the 30+ plus that I have researched a year or so back. Out of those few they were all fly by night sites with very little activity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...