MakeWebGames

[V1][Lite] Free requests

Hey!

I am willing to build some free modules in my off time, so feel free to request them below.

Code will be added to GitHub and the modules will be open source. Of course if you don't want the module to be shared then you will have to contact me regarding a price.

Current modules in queue

• None

Increase of security policies. Sure this could be branded as a re-write, but re-writes are fun!

What will it involve?

• Security enhancement on sessions
    • Sessions are now restricted to browser and IP
      • Say bye-bye (hopefully) to session hijacking

[*]Address current XSS flaws

• Display pictures?
    • Player names?
    • Player signatures?
    • ... Every user input?

[*]Cross-site request forgery protection

• Especially on staff actions
    • Create a token that is bound to a users IP, browser, and UserId

[*]Improved logging

[*]Password security

• md5 was considered broken in 1996. We could move on after 18 years.
    • "Dynamic" password hashing - Pretty sure KyleMassacre has/had a plan for this

[*]... And maybe some more overlooked flaws

Increase of security policies. Sure this could be branded as a re-write, but re-writes are fun!

What will it involve?

• Security enhancement on sessions
    • Sessions are now restricted to browser and IP
      • Say bye-bye (hopefully) to session hijacking

[*]Address current XSS flaws

• Display pictures?
    • Player names?
    • Player signatures?
    • ... Every user input?

[*]Cross-site request forgery protection

• Especially on staff actions
    • Create a token that is bound to a users IP, browser, and UserId

[*]Improved logging

[*]Password security

• md5 was considered broken in 1996. We could move on after 18 years.
    • "Dynamic" password hashing - Pretty sure KyleMassacre has/had a plan for this

[*]... And maybe some more overlooked flaws

By doing that I would have to release pretty much the whole source of v2. Which of course wouldn't be allowed. I could possibly write it and submit it for v2?

By doing that I would have to release pretty much the whole source of v2. Which of course wouldn't be allowed. I could possibly write it and submit it for v2?

Pretty sure that the only things that correlate to the current v2 source in that list is the first 2 points. I'd speak to ColdBlooded before releasing it, if you do it - but I'd be interested in your approach of those bullet points ;)

Hi, I have a few ideas: for the V2 engine.

1. Revamped Inventory system - A new cleaner inventory, imadd.php, itemsell.php, itemsend.php, iteminfo.php, itemuse.php, equip_armor/weapon.php All coded into 1 inventory.php file, With sorted Item Type categories to display the items.

2. Revamped Crimes system - criminal.php & docrime.php into 1 file, Crime outcome gains are random (set by staff at a $min/$max per crime for money, crystals or even items.).

3. New Gym - Revamped look and feel, Revamped formulas, Built in "Gym Pass" that means in order to access the gym the user must agree to buy a gym pass, They pay for an introduction ($introprice is set by developer), At the end of each month the gym pass cost will automatically be taking from them, Gym pass cost isn't the intro price.

4. Basic Raffle System - The winning ticket will be drawn every hour (or 24 hours your choice), Winner will receive the jackpot (total amount of tickets purchased by users) and 5 crystals, Raffle tickets cost $100 for example, You can only purchase a set amount of tickets per raffle.

Also on the page where you buy tickets it will show you the "current jackpot" which is the total price of all tickets sold during that hour.

Winner would receive an event saying "Congratulations, You have won the raffle jackpot - You were given $blah!"

5. Basic User Trading System - Users can open a trade with another user, In this trade they can add their items, money, crystals so on...

Once added what they want to trade, One clicks accept, and the other user must also accept the trade.

Once trade is complete they both receive there things and an event saying that the trade has been finalised. (Trade's can be cancelled by either user at any point - Unless they have both accepted...)

Separating logic is a good thing, Florian_.

This is getting offtopic (?), please take to a new thread, or PM.

/Non-ModeratorsCanTellYouWhatToDo,Too.

/EqualRightsForAll.

I wasn't entering into business with him, I merely wanted to know If he's version is the exact same.

I wouldn't enter into a deal with someone who hijacks a thread to say they are selling something that has been suggested to be made for free, for the community. :)

I hope that makes sense as English is not my first language, And I hope my original message was not taken out of context... Sorry :X

Anywho, Back on topic I hope. :)

Edited by Florian_
I have no reason.

Why would you want everything into 1 whole page? if it's cleaner you are wanting?? To me inventory and all pages connected in one would rather make it a sure mess!! in my opinion... I have coded the same inventory that roguvampires uses, I can't imagine putting all that into one.

Why would you want everything into 1 whole page? if it's cleaner you are wanting?? To me inventory and all pages connected in one would rather make it a sure mess!! in my opinion... I have coded the same inventory that roguvampires uses, I can't imagine putting all that into one.

Why have 5+ files when they can be shortened into 1 file? And it doesn't make it messy at all...

Anyway, Thanks for your input on the Inventory suggestion. :)

Why have 5+ files when they can be shortened into 1 file? And it doesn't make it messy at all...

Anyway, Thanks for your input on the Inventory suggestion. :)

It kind of does, for items, equip, unequip you would have an Items class. For buying selling.. a market class. Organisation and viewing your inventory would be an Inventory class. There is no need to merge it all into one