MakeWebGames

New Inventory/Item System

Razor42

I have been working on a new inventory and item system over the past few days and I need some extra ideas to make it a bit more interesting.

What Is Done So Far?

• New Equipment Slots: Players now have 6 different equipment slots in their inventory, I have kept the primary weapon slot and the armor slot from the original V2 System but removed the secondary weapon slot. I have then added 4 extra slots which are Gloves, Helmet, Bottoms & Boots.
  • Item Boosts: Instead of making the 4 new equipment slots affect your actual in-battle damage/defense rating like the Weapon and Armor does I have made it so that they boost one of your stats, I.E Running Shoes could boost your Agility by 500.

What Else I Plan On Doing:

• Reputation: Reputation will be like an extra stat that a player has and it will only be boosted by the items that you have equipped in the Gloves, Bottoms, Helmet and Boots section. Reputation will help you unlock new missions and new crimes. So if a mission requires 200 reputation and you only have 50 reputation you won't be able to do that mission. Reputation will also help factor towards successfully completing a crime.

What do you think to these ideas?

Is their anything else you'd add on?

1) I'm guessing you mean Admin's via the staff panel? Not the player themselves?

2) Could be added yes.

3) I'v never worked using objected orientated although I do plan on working towards it as my skills improve.

1. Yep
  2. Nice! (I've done it with Panther v1.3, btw - it's really handy. You can make the whole engine run off it)
  3. Excited to see what you come up with

One issue I have is I don't want a big list of boots for every item and for all the item boosts to become confusing.

I have just finished the final steps for the new slots with equipping/unequipping and the adding of the item boost.

Screenshot:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1361[/ATTACH]

inv.jpg.ec6b8583eac99df0fdb2f0a50f1567e6.jpg

One issue I have is I don't want a big list of boots for every item and for all the item boosts to become confusing.

Then implement a check before the boost is given

Psudeo;

(This will be in the boost wizard ;))

if user location = 2 then

call apply_boosts()

else

do nothing

Not to hijack this thread :P

Nice! (I've done it with Panther v1.3, btw

Release it!

:p Perhaps at a later date, but at the moment, I'm good!

@Razor42, I've been awake for 30+ hours, so I may not make it on Skype tonight. If I do, message me, and I'll respond if I'm alive!

Edited by sniko