MakeWebGames

Luking for a v2 developer

CruZer

np.. but all the donations to site by members will go to developer. as with me around 200 more people waiting for a text based pokemon rpg to be released and they are going to give a lot of money as donation. i m 100% sure. :)

Do you have any evidence or assurances that people WILL donate? Or are you just assuming they will?

Script47 wht kind of proof or evidence u want.. n kyle becuz of physics n maths exams i was unable to work on it. so i thought 1 of u would help.

Read what I said, how do you know people will donate?

Lol Cruzer bro, don't bother with these people. They just want there hands in your pocket. Period.

Just do yourself a favour and do something better then programming.

No, just no... People aren't going help someone code a full game on the assurances that players may donate. I don't see why you even bothered writing this post. It's like the most pointless post. What's wrong with asking questions? People are making sure there is a point investing time and effort. Why don't you sign up to help him if you're going to write things like this? If we want our hands in our pockets then how did the mods section get so big? I guess someone else has been coding them. Kyle has been making mods for ages and he's made some quality ones and he's helped me out, so has !Angel. As have a lot of people on this forum. So don't say that if you don't know. Maybe you haven't been given help because you haven't asked properly but it doesn't mean people don't help on these forums. Asking someone to code a full game isn't like asking them to make mods. So please, if you're going to make a post, think before you do. There is a handful of people who expect everything done for them because they ask, get real, people can't do everything you ask if you're not going to put any effort in.

Edited by Script47

I have nothing to offer. But you guys do.

Oh no, wait. You want cash for it of course. Hungry ****s.

Look, if he had asked for help to solve a problem with the code or something like that, I'm sure someone here would gladly try to help him.

But he is asking for a complete game, which takes time to be done, for free.

I have to agree with Script47 and I think it will be hard to find someone, here or anywhere else, without any assurance of giving something back. Maybe he could offer something to the project (I didn't see anything about what he will do in the project other than giving the idea of a pokemon clone for web) and then, maybe, someone may be willing to join him.

I have helped a lot of people in their projects in the past just for the sake of learning. But I was 14 and now I cant afford something like that anymore. I think most people here are in a similar situation.

The Coder unless there is a guarantee of some form of payment then why would anyone help him code a whole game? Yes people want money for doing a JOB. Because that is what he is asking for. Before I made my game I was talking to a game owner and asked them how much it would cost to make a decent game. The figure he gave me was staggering. So I went out and did it myself. Why should anyone offer their time and effort for a job if they don't get paid? It doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm inclined to agree here, there was two posts removed that contained somewhat on topic or at least helpful information, however it had already been mentioned.

Honestly I see this thread going no where good, locking it for now before it just gets removed after becoming a spam thread... At least this way CruZer still has a chance however misguided he may or may not be.

Good luck, and make sure your PM's are turned on ( in settings ), so people have a way to contact you.

Edited by Djkanna

Ok, it seems got a bit checkbox happy there for a second and re-instated some of the posts that could be considered relevant to the thread so that is my fault guys.

I still believed DJK did the right thing with locking it and as he said be sure to have your pms on just in case someone does decide to take you up on your offer cruzer. But please don't be offended or alarmed if people don't just because of the money situation. Some people here deem their time precious and some are "professional" for lack of a better term. With that being said some people expect something monetary and do stuff like this on the side to help support their families some.

On the flip side to that I'm sure there are people here who don't have really anything to do so they may take you up on your offer if. It entirely free. But the whole argument on people here only doing stuff for money is a very generic statement as there are tons of people here both professional and not so much that have and do, do stuff free of charge.

So @cruzer, basically I don't want you to think that nobody here will help you or even not do anything substantial for you at all. Also, I think that it is time that you do learn a thing or two about programming since you have been here for quite sometime now and we all have to start somewhere. I know over time you will get tired of paying people for the tiniest things so just try and learn and I know almost everyone here will at least help you as long as you show you are trying. And if time is an issue for you (much like you stated above about finals) then may I also add that maybe you should reconsider your timeframe of when you actually want to roll this game out?

Building a game is less demanding than running a game just so you know