MakeWebGames

Resurrecting an Old Project (GRPG codebase)

MuskogeeWil

First, hello everybody. I've been fairly inactive over the last several months for various reasons. The most important being that my wife and I had a baby girl. She's now 5 months old, and quite easily the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

Second, I just didn't have the time until recently to work on anything.

Previously, I had a project going for a ground up GRPG type of game by the name of Syndicate Rule. However, due to a chaotic work schedule (remedied by losing my job) of 40-100 hour work weeks, I just flat out didn't have the time.

Now, as things start to calm down around here, I made a decision to revive an old game that I had worked on, and was moderately successful with ($1000+/mo). I'm replacing my old Syndicate Rule project with this code, and plan to just simply update and improve upon a game that many enjoyed. Some of the features from the original SR are going into the old code. I also have a 100% custom written forum that has been integrated into the game. I'm expecting a lot of bugs early on, and some of the interface is sloppy with sloppy code. However, some minimal things like being able to switch on Double Exp and Double Cash for crimes, on top of a rewritten crime feature, has been added.

So, if you're looking for something to waste your time on, come check it out at http://syndicaterule.com. Be sure report any bugs, as I know there will be plenty while trying to reinstate old code and filter in new code.

tbh you dont have to do a full recode as grant is saying just make a quick sanitize function and run all of your posts through it most simple way to do it and that way you only have to change a couple of lines

if you want the game safe thats not the only bug the game has more than 20 bugs as i can see and i have only checked some post and other bits of the game that are knowing to they bugs there are loads more gang need recoded as you can remove items from other gangs so mabi its best to start from the start and work down the game i can post some updates of the GRPG script to get users going make the game safe but if the users have already started added other mods and the game has more added thats not been coded to be safe then your game is a sitting target for more users who know the script to use the bugs and the game will never work or make your income to keep it online

tbh you dont have to do a full recode as grant is saying just make a quick sanitize function and run all of your posts through it most simple way to do it and that way you only have to change a couple of lines

I have one. It's just locating all of the places that need it. I'll be rewriting the Points Market soon enough to fit more into the direction I'm wanting to go with the game.