MakeWebGames

MCCodes.com decide to stop paying withdrawals?

Arson

So it has been at least 3 weeks now since I requested a withdrawal for a measly $27 and I haven't seen a dime of it.

I sent a support ticket and thankfully Dave responded the other day:

Replied: 12 November 2013, 3:56am

Hi Kyle,

Sadly I cannot process your withdrawal Kunal has to. I can see your withdrawal was requested a few weeks ago and I shall contact Kunal directly to get this processed as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Dave Macaulay

McCodes Support

It is sad that I had to resort to a public post but after two weeks with no response from ColdBlooded (sent him a PM) I have no other recourse.

Kunal if you are alive please process my payment and also explain to me why you can't pay me $27 that is supposed to be mine!! Are you spending all your developer's funds before they withdraw and hoping more sales come in to cover it?

Explanation please.

So it has been at least 3 weeks now since I requested a withdrawal for a measly $27 and I haven't seen a dime of it.

I sent a support ticket and thankfully Dave responded the other day:

It is sad that I had to resort to a public post but after two weeks with no response from ColdBlooded (sent him a PM) I have no other recourse.

Kunal if you are alive please process my payment and also explain to me why you can't pay me $27 that is supposed to be mine!! Are you spending all your developer's funds before they withdraw and hoping more sales come in to cover it?

Explanation please.

This seems to be an overly-occurring issue. I'm waiting on a withdrawal, myself. Not even a very large one.

Bit of a joke, really. Such a long "process time" on top of a relatively high fee.

Either they are just not at all interested in their business, or there is no money to pay us with (Ponzi anyone?).

If it's the latter, then it's time for a serious morals check. Spending money that isn't yours = bad. On top of that you charge a fee.

10% is a fair fee for being able to take advantage of the pure MCCode targeted traffic that goes through the site. Extra sales you might not have made otherwise.

Although the fee isn't fair when you're taking a month to pay out to people. The money should be there, since you're only taking 10% of it.

You can use the excuse that college or your social life is taking up too much of your time.....but you started a BIG business, and created a market all of it's own at...15 years old? 16? If you actually focused on your business you guys would each have 6 figures in the bank by now. People go to college to move up to where you guys already are....think about that! It's not too late to turn MCCodes into the masterpiece it should have been two years ago.

Hi Arson,

I've just notified ColdBlooded about the situation. He plans to clean up the withdraw requests today.

- sniko

I believe the point is that nobody should have to "notify" them.

It should just be done.

This is the second thread like this in as many months. And it seems to happen every single time.

It's not looking good for the "supposed" announcement of Mccode v3:rolleyes:

That has been a long time coming, but there are enough threads highlighting that fact lol

I am learning that this isn't an isolated incident (not getting paid), and at least a few other mod developers have experienced it.

The fact of the matter is this:

The money should be in their PayPal, because by telling us that they're only taking 10%, that leads us to believe that the other 90% is ours...they won't spend it, and it will be available to us upon request. For them to spend it is theft, plain and simple.

So whats the verdict boys?

Theft or Laziness?

You can pay us tomorrow but the question will always remain, why are they taking SO long to pay out?

Will I have to wait a month...three months....for my next withdrawal?

You're good guys. The problem is that you are coders, not business managers. The MCCodes business has grown far beyond your ability to handle it. Sadly MCCodes has become a joke of the game engine community, and you are to blame.

MCCodes still has the potential to be the best solution for text based games, but I don't think it is ever going to happen with you at the reigns.

In all honesty I think it is time for you guys to cash out and move on. You should sell the business to someone that is actually interested in helping it grow, someone that cares about us (your customers, mod developers, theme creators, EVERYONE that has made MCCodes all that it is today).

You're just letting it die. Do you really want to see everything you've built so far dwindle away into nothing? Shape up or ship out. That is all.

I did get in contact with Kunal and he did say he was going to process them within the days following my response to your ticket.

Has he awarded you your payout as of yet? Sadly I don't have access to their PayPal to pay people or I would be able to process developer withdrawals.

Nope.

I appreciate your assistance in the matter Dave, they did the right thing bringing you on board.

Although I am disappointed that they couldn't take a minute to address the issue themselves. They obviously care a great deal about the MCCodes userbase.

Nope.

I appreciate your assistance in the matter Dave, they did the right thing bringing you on board.

Although I am disappointed that they couldn't take a minute to address the issue themselves. They obviously care a great deal about the MCCodes userbase.

Hi Arson, I will chase this with ColdBlooded until this is sorted.

Why can't CB just sit his ass down in front of a computer for 20 minutes and give us the time of day?

How can someone have so little to do with their business? Does he really not give a rat's ass about his reputation?

I've always been pretty favorable towards CB and Dabs, but over the years I've seen them let their people down over and over.

They completely alienate and ignore the community that has put them where they are today.

ColdBlooded and Dabomstew have made it abundantly clear that they don't give a damn about any of us. They got their quick buck, guess that counts for something.

Tired of being strung along until they decide to throw together a new release for another quick buck.

Arson I'm sorry but the money in your account should be returned to the people who gave you it. I know several people including myself who have bought your mods and that simply don't work, myself and the people I know have tried hard to contact you through all methods possible with no response. The mod I bought was your PayPal ipn credit system and it was far from working, I spoke to associates of you, attempted Facebook sent you a message on here with still no luck, and even an old friend of yours says he had many complaints saying your mods don't work and that you don't give a f**k about the people complaining. it's very rich of you to moan about CB but your just as bad as them!

Edited by Bennyh789

Arson I'm sorry but the money in your account should be returned to the people who gave you it. I know several people including myself who have bought your mods and that simply don't work, myself and the people I know have tried hard to contact you through all methods possible with no response. The mod I bought was your PayPal ipn credit system and it was far from working, I spoke to associates of you, attempted Facebook sent you a message on here with still no luck, and even an old friend of yours says he had many complaints saying your mods don't work and that you don't give a f**k about the people complaining. it's very rich of you to moan about CB but your just as bad as them!

Except I'm here, and willing to help you with whatever issues you are having. That's more than can be said about CB.

Before selling my mods I tested them and made sure they were working on my own server. I had a friend purchase through the IPN mod to make sure it was working, and it went through. I will gladly take a look at it if you can give me more information than just "It doesn't work". Giving me no info on what it is doing it leads me to assume you just didn't install it correctly. Perhaps that isn't the case here, so please do let me know what exactly it is doing (via MSN provided below) and I will look into it and get it working for you.

As far as your attempts to contact me, you went about it all wrong.

PM on here - Well, now you could probably get ahold of me fairly easily via a PM on MWG, however don't count on it to be a steady method of contact. I am on this forum for a week or two, then off for months at a time. I'm just not a fan of the drama. That being said, now you know why you didn't get a response through here for so long....because I use to avoid this forum like the plague.

Facebook - No thanks. I never said anyone should contact me through facebook.

Email - If you emailed me at the address I think you did, you should know that I don't check that inbox. I use that address strictly for MSN Messenger. Furthermore it has been steadily online for at least 15 hours a day for the past year or so. I wish you had used MSN to contact me right away.

I sincerely apologize for disappearing, but I recognize that mistake and am eager to make it up to you.

If you or anyone else needs to contact me you can absolutely feel free to add me to MSN messenger at kyle_07_ AT live DOT com

I do give a f**k.

Edited by Arson

I appreciate you saying you will fix it but I purchased around 3/4 months ago so with help I have managed to get it working but I can assure you it was no error installing on my part.

And by saying I went around contacting you the wrong way doesn't really cut it, I attempted to contact you in anyway I thought I could, until I reached all channels with all being a failure. You don't use facebook is fair enough but by saying you use msn is all well and good but I could not find an email address for you and I do not use msn. And why should I know that you don't check that particular inbox I'm afraid I lack on psychic power.

Again I appreciate your now offering support but 3-4 months down the line after purchase its just a little to late

Edited by Bennyh789

I appreciate you saying you will fix it but I purchased around 3/4 months ago so with help I have managed to get it working but I can assure you it was no error installing on my part.

And by saying I went around contacting you the wrong way doesn't really cut it, I attempted to contact you in anyway I thought I could, until I reached all channels with all being a failure. You don't use facebook is fair enough but by saying you use msn is all well and good but I could not find an email address for you and I do not use msn. And why should I know that you don't check that particular inbox I'm afraid I lack on physic power.

Again I appreciate your now offering support but 3-4 months down the line after purchase its just a little to late

I understand you're annoyed but this is a bit off topic. You're welcome to open a collaboration experience or contact Arson directly.

And by saying I went around contacting you the wrong way doesn't really cut it, I attempted to contact you in anyway I thought I could, until I reached all channels with all being a failure. You don't use facebook is fair enough but by saying you use msn is all well and good but I could not find an email address for you and I do not use msn. And why should I know that you don't check that particular inbox I'm afraid I lack on physic power.

Your sarcasm is adorable.

I just told you about the email, so that's how you are supposed to know. If you really talked to any of my "old friends" you could have gotten it off of one of them. I apologize for being so hard to get ahold of, however I am here now and willing to work with you on any further issues. Furthermore, whoever told you I don't give a f**k doesn't know what they are talking about.

On that note...what Dave said...I understand your frustration with me and my past mistakes and am more than willing to help you out; However, this tangent is taking away from everyone else that CB is failing to pay.