MakeWebGames

Gang Armoury

Magictallguy

Thanks! A couple of other things:

- When gangs are created, data needs to be put into gang_settings, right? I entered it manually for a gang to try it now. Do I need data anywhere else?

- I'm getting a

Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 17
error when going to yourgang.php?action=viewarmoury after donating an item. Not sure what's causing it yet, but I'm looking at it.

When gangs are created, then gangs are created lol

The settings will automatically insert themselves once the gang leader has set them (might make it a requirement to set them first), then it'll just update instead.

Did you receive that error *after* running through the settings, or before?

Update

The option to make setting up the armoury a requirement has been added

Edited by Magictallguy
Added update

Then that's the problem: gang_staff_edit_armoury_settings() just sends me back to "yourgang.php?action=staff&act2=editarm%20%20oury" without putting anything into the table.

When I manually inserted settings for a gang, and then donated an item, I got that "unable to jump to row"-error on viewarmoury.

Hmm I didn't get that error above when I installed it :-/ wen I click change settings I just pressed change and it inserted it into the tables with no problems

Any idea when the ability for leaders to withdraw from the armoury and for the weapons to be taken off the user when the gang is deleted or destroyed?

Then that's the problem: gang_staff_edit_armoury_settings() just sends me back to "yourgang.php?action=staff&act2=editarm%20%20oury" without putting anything into the table.

When I manually inserted settings for a gang, and then donated an item, I got that "unable to jump to row"-error on viewarmoury.

That's because that's not the right link.

Blame MWG's syntax highlighter.. I do..

You can find a copy of this on my site (link is in my signature)

Alright, got that settings part right after renaming the field in gang_settings from "armoury_is_closed" to "armoury_is_open".

But the other issue still stands. I get this:

Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 17 (2)

when trying to view yourgang.php?action=viewarmoury after donating an item. If I delete the item from the db then the page loads as normal and shows "There are no items available in the Armoury".

Alright, got that settings part right after renaming the field in gang_settings from "armoury_is_closed" to "armoury_is_open".

But the other issue still stands. I get this:

when trying to view yourgang.php?action=viewarmoury after donating an item. If I delete the item from the db then the page loads as normal and shows "There are no items available in the Armoury".

Try replacing your gang_view_armoury function with: this

Thanks, that got it working:)

A few things I've done:

- added `inv_borrowed` to the query in inventory that lists your items so that the test if($i['inv_borrowed'] == 'Yes') works.

- added a link in inventory so that you can return a borrowed item (also added `inv_itemid` to the same query as above):

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Ok so I'm a few steps further. What I've done since last post:

- You should keep this line as is in equip_weapon.php

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

and not change is as you've said in the first post.

- The $_GET['type'] you use in equip_weapon and equip_armor should be $_POST['type'].

- This line must not be removed from unequip.php as you've suggested:

But now I got a little stuck on itemsell.php, as I'm not able to sell any items at all. You've said this:

but is that right?

Ok so I'm a few steps further. What I've done since last post:

- You should keep this line as is in equip_weapon.php

and not change is as you've said in the first post.

- The $_GET['type'] you use in equip_weapon and equip_armor should be $_POST['type'].

- This line must not be removed from unequip.php as you've suggested:

But now I got a little stuck on itemsell.php, as I'm not able to sell any items at all. You've said this:

but is that right?

Thank you for pointing those out, my own fault for rushing!

Original code updated

I'm having a look at my local copy of the item*.php and everything appears to be working fine. Let me just compare version ;)

-- UPDATE

See original code.

Everything should be fine

Edited by Magictallguy

I was a little confused about this, but got it now: If you own a particular item, you're not able to borrow that item from your gang. If you borrow a particular item, you're not able to buy that item from the shops unless you return the borrowed item to your gang first. I edited the error messages a bit to make this clearer.

I still don't understand this in imadd.php:

This is keeping me from adding an item to the market that I own. What's the point of that line?

I was a little confused about this, but got it now: If you own a particular item, you're not able to borrow that item from your gang. If you borrow a particular item, you're not able to buy that item from the shops unless you return the borrowed item to your gang first. I edited the error messages a bit to make this clearer.

I still don't understand this in imadd.php:

This is keeping me from adding an item to the market that I own. What's the point of that line?

Exactly what it says on the tin. If not rows are found, kill the page cleanly with some message stating that you don't own it.

I've just realised I can minify that further..

Original code updated

Mtg please please make it so the leader can withdraw the items and for the items to be taken from the user when the gang is destroyed

I'm dying to release this but don't want to without the above

Also something I believe is wrong with unequip as when I unequip a weapon it duplicates the weapon, so puts the item in my inventory and keeps it equipped

And lastly when you say code updated is that on your site as well?

Mtg please please make it so the leader can withdraw the items [...1]

I'm dying to release this but don't want to without the above

[...2]

[...3]

I'll add that in now

[...1]

and for the items to be taken from the user when the gang is destroyed

Already done :)

[...2]

Also something I believe is wrong with unequip as when I unequip a weapon it duplicates the weapon, so puts the item in my inventory and keeps it equipped

I'll have a look now too :)

[...3]

And lastly when you say code updated is that on your site as well?

Normally within 10 minutes of posting on here :)

Edited by Magictallguy

please make it so the leader can withdraw the items[...]

Edit yourgang.php

Find: (in the gang_view_armoury() function)

Replace with:

Find:

Add below:

Find:

The ending brace of the gang_staff_armoury_recall_item() function

Add below:

Original code updated

Edited by Magictallguy
Code updated for legacy systems

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help. The mistake I had earlier in imadd.php was fixed when I edited the query to this:

Also, in your last addition with gang_staff_armoury_leader_take_item() you might wanna say `items` as `i` in the query.

Thanks for the help. The mistake I had earlier in imadd.php was fixed when I edited the query to this:

Also, in your last addition with gang_staff_armoury_leader_take_item() you might wanna say `items` as `i` in the query.

Done! Thanks for pointing that out :)