MakeWebGames

So I've designed a couple of generic company type templates

Kr3W

Not a bad start just a few things,

1) Typography can make or ruin a website

2) colors - for the 2nd templaye you are using light/dark grey, blue and lime green the later dosent fit the scheme (look at http://dribbble.com/colors/cccccc for some inspiration)

3) The canvas you are working on is too small for larger monitors currently it only takes up 55% of one of my screens so there would be 45% unused white space, the first one you can get away with as its fixed width the later one not so much.

4) The background on the 1st one is a little too distracting but that may just be me

Not a bad start just a few things,

1) Typography can make or ruin a website

2) colors - for the 2nd templaye you are using light/dark grey, blue and lime green the later dosent fit the scheme (look at http://dribbble.com/colors/cccccc for some inspiration)

3) The canvas you are working on is too small for larger monitors currently it only takes up 55% of one of my screens so there would be 45% unused white space, the first one you can get away with as its fixed width the later one not so much.

4) The background on the 1st one is a little too distracting but that may just be me

Thanks! What exactly should I change about the typography? I was really just shooting for generic. And the second one would have the content boxes going the entire width of any screen it's on.

In my honest opinion, there are a couple of issues.

1) There are no tones throughout the design. Just a couple of solid colors which are used repeatedly.

2) Outer Glow and Drop Shadow are okay to use, but I feel like on white background (gray in this example) can be off putting if not done right and so has to feel like there is a purpose for it. In these templates, it just seems like they were done for the extra effect.

3) A lot of the objects are big and over sized. I tend to like things clean and sleek.

4) There is no alignment in the design. Some things are centered, while others are aligned to the left side. (IE. Other product boxes and then the content). You want to make sure they are aligned.

5) Not a fan of the colors used in the first one. Yellow/Orange/Brow could look nice, but they seem so flat and screaming at me.

Hopefully that helps. Good luck

Here is a design I just did recently:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/9kx8jd.jpg

In my honest opinion, there are a couple of issues.

1) There are no tones throughout the design. Just a couple of solid colors which are used repeatedly.

2) Outer Glow and Drop Shadow are okay to use, but I feel like on white background (gray in this example) can be off putting if not done right and so has to feel like there is a purpose for it. In these templates, it just seems like they were done for the extra effect.

3) A lot of the objects are big and over sized. I tend to like things clean and sleek.

4) There is no alignment in the design. Some things are centered, while others are aligned to the left side. (IE. Other product boxes and then the content). You want to make sure they are aligned.

5) Not a fan of the colors used in the first one. Yellow/Orange/Brow could look nice, but they seem so flat and screaming at me.

Hopefully that helps. Good luck

Here is a design I just did recently:

http://oi39.tinypic.com/9kx8jd.jpg

Awesome, much appreciated! I'll make sure to keep these in mind while doing my next designs and make changes to the current ones.

what a apile of ****e those templates were good years ago and even then were free come on lad you have too do better now its 2013 not 1998 ;)

You can go ahead and get the **** out of here with a comment like that. Come on lad it's common courtesy you prick.

what a apile of ****e those templates were good years ago and even then were free come on lad you have too do better now its 2013 not 1998 ;)

A little harsh there buddy? I didnt expect a comment like that from you illusions

I dont think they are bad

You can go ahead and get the **** out of here with a comment like that. Come on lad it's common courtesy you prick.

And I think this is just fueling the fire Krew. Pay no attention to negative comments