MakeWebGames

Jquery Problem on Template

k1ngscorp1o

Hey, doesn anyone know how to fix this theme: http://w3theory.com/clients/LH/

The problem is once the menu slides down and the button switches to a login button...when you click that login button

it still does nothing. I'd like for it to slide down when you press the button for it to slide down then I want it to submit the

form obviously when the player wants to login.

Is this your template to use?

Can you provide proof of purchase?

Again with the basic questions?

Use jquery, when it slides down, change the button to a "submit" button, then when clicking, just ".submit()" the form. Simple stuffs :D

No, the template isnt mine kyle, I'm just going around asking for random fixes to other peoples things. I obviously have nothing better to do than

go around and find random fixes for the world that in no way concerns me what so ever...oh might I add I'm so smart, I post it right here where the

creator of the template would see it. I wont say it was a stupid question but cmon now kyle...that wasnt the brightest thing you could have asked lmao.

Yes its my template, yes I "can" provide proof of purchase but "would" I is a totally different story.

And if I knew Jquery Im sure it would be simple...but then again peter does know jquery and looks like he didnt get it working. If you notice I only ever

ask basic questions here for a reason. Anything to high above Mc, I doubt I'd get an effective answer. (no disrespect intended anyone).

"Use jquery, when it slides down, change the button to a "submit" button, then when clicking, just ".submit()" the form."

Ya know, I would have never guessed this is what needed to be done. What peter did already I can read and seems quite logical,

but that doesnt work so again. I dont need to know what I need to do since thats quite obvious. I need to know HOW to do it.

How to change it to a submit button and so on in a way that it works. Or is there some small logic flaw in what peter did. Something

helpful...

No, the template isnt mine kyle, I'm just going around asking for random fixes to other peoples things. I obviously have nothing better to do than

go around and find random fixes for the world that in no way concerns me what so ever...oh might I add I'm so smart, I post it right here where the

creator of the template would see it. I wont say it was a stupid question but cmon now kyle...that wasnt the brightest thing you could have asked lmao.

Yes its my template, yes I "can" provide proof of purchase but "would" I is a totally different story.

And if I knew Jquery Im sure it would be simple...but then again peter does know jquery and looks like he didnt get it working. If you notice I only ever

ask basic questions here for a reason. Anything to high above Mc, I doubt I'd get an effective answer. (no disrespect intended anyone).

"Use jquery, when it slides down, change the button to a "submit" button, then when clicking, just ".submit()" the form."

Ya know, I would have never guessed this is what needed to be done. What peter did already I can read and seems quite logical,

but that doesnt work so again. I dont need to know what I need to do since thats quite obvious. I need to know HOW to do it.

How to change it to a submit button and so on in a way that it works. Or is there some small logic flaw in what peter did. Something

helpful...

No need to be cocky, a simple Yes, it is mine would of sufficed.

You claimed to be one of the best programmers on here awhile ago, now you don't know jquery? Thought you knew javascript very well?

No offense, but if you look at the jquery, it doesn't even submit the form anywhere. Which shows me you did not even bother to look at it.

$(document).ready(function(){
// Change login panel to absolute so we can move it. Also set it back to intiate the move.
$("#login_panel").css({"position": "absolute", "top": "-45px", "left": "0px"});
// Cannot have over Jquery 1.8.3 If upgraded please install the  jQuery Migrate plugin. This is to offset an IE positioning bug.
if($.browser.msie){ $("#login_form").css({"margin-top": "-5px"}); }
// Initiate the dropdown.
$(".show_panel").click(function(event){
event.preventDefault();
$("#login_panel").animate({"top" : "33px"}, 800, function(){  $(".show_panel").val("LOGIN").removeClass("show_panel"); });
});
});

There is no "submit" function there, it's removing the 'show_panel' class, therefor can not find it again.

var slide_down = false;
$(document).ready(function()	{

$("#login_panel").css({"position": "absolute", "top": "-45px", "left": "0px"});

if($.browser.msie){

$("#login_form").css({"margin-top": "-5px"});

}

$(".log_in").click(function(event){

if(!slide_down)	{

event.preventDefault();
		slide_down = true;
	}

$("#login_panel").animate({"top" : "33px"}, 800, function()	{

$(".show_panel").val("LOGIN").removeClass("show_panel");

});

});
});

Make sure your form has a method, and that your button is type="submit", jquery can't submit a form that does not have a "submit" type input.

Over react much? he was just seeing if you owned it or was going to rip it

as for submitiong the form you can add this

$(".show_panel").bind('click', function () {
   if ($(this).val()=='LOGIN') {
       $.post('login.php', {username:$('.login[type="text"]').val(), password:$('.login[type="password"]').val()}, function (data) {
           if (data=='true') {
               document.location = 'loggedin.php';
           }
       });
   }
});

* Untested

Edited by Dayo

I wasn't being cocky, I was just shedding light on how unintelligent that line of questioning was. I'm a backend developer, not client side or frontend. I've said I'm one of the best here in the past and I'm sure it holds just as true today not that it matters jquery has nothing to do with that. I have an understanding of how to develop software. From start to finish, an understanding of web development. Industry standards, design patterns, website architecture, a solid understanding of what it is I'm actually doing.

I used to make smart comments quite often, but throwing it up in every conversation now does what exactly?

There are very few people who do understand even a few of these things on this forum. Your claim to fame is you can code error free, while that may be true with your own code, can you use any framework: zend, symfony, CI,YII,Kohana...etc can you use any of those and the same claim still be valid? Every post I make you want to throw in how I "claimed" to be the best and how these problems are so simple but do you even realize the fact that all a complex problem is, is a bunch of simple ones?

I ask about specific pieces I need because I know how to break down ONLY the part I need and ask for help there. Most people post entire scripts and ask for helps, mine will always be simple because EVERYTHING is simple and I understand this. I only made those statements in the past because I felt more people should truly have an understanding of what their doing. Understand that your code needs pieces, understand you need to take your website as a whole, break it down into features, take each feature, break it down into functions, take each function, make the things that can be abstract, abstract and use the tools you are given to build something solid. I may have done it in an ******* way but my intentions were always good...(unless someone pissed me off, maybe not so much).

Point being, I appreciate the help you provide when I ask my simple questions. But as you would say, A simple, "shut the hell up with the smart remarks and answer the question" would suffice. I dont need to be reminded of what I've said and if it didnt help anyone, neither does anyone else.

Over react much? he was just seeing if you owned it or was going to rip it

as for submitiong the form you can add this

$(".show_panel").bind('click', function () {
   if ($(this).val()=='LOGIN') {
       $.post('login.php', {username:$('.login input[type="text"]').val(), password:$('.login input[type="password"]').val()}, function (data) {
           if (data=='true') {
               document.location = 'loggedin.php';
           }
       });
   }
});

* Untested

Nah, its not an over reaction. If anyone else would have said it then yea. Every one of his posts are helpful but he always takes shots at me.

Thanks for your input thought.

There are very few people who do understand even a few of these things on this forum. Your claim to fame is you can code error free, while that may be true with your own code, can you use any framework: zend, symfony, CI,YII,Kohana...etc can you use any of those and the same claim still be valid? Every post I make you want to throw in how I "claimed" to be the best and how these problems are so simple but do you even realize the fact that all a complex problem is, is a bunch of simple ones?

Yii, Kohana, CakePHP, Zend, Smarty is about what i have interest in learning, and can code on those with the same claim. And it would not be hard at all to change to another framework at ease.

The rest of your post, is either... not interesting, or bull****.. you can choose :o

Nah, its not an over reaction. If anyone else would have said it then yea. Every one of his posts are helpful but he always takes shots at me.

He takes shots at everyone, because he's just like you. You both self-assert your quality of work is better than most and yet, any examples we see or hear about are either sub par or asking basic questions that create the image you don't know anywhere near what you claim.

Point is, it was, in fact, an overreaction. On both accounts.

Get over each other and do whatever the hell it is you're doing without filling every help request with drama and bull****. Seems to be out of scope for both of you.

• Like 1

He takes shots at everyone, because he's just like you. You both self-assert your quality of work is better than most and yet, any examples we see or hear about are either sub par or asking basic questions that create the image you don't know anywhere near what you claim.

Point is, it was, in fact, an overreaction. On both accounts.

Get over each other and do whatever the hell it is you're doing without filling every help request with drama and bull****. Seems to be out of scope for both of you.

LMFAO I love this guy! O.o Though as I just stated basic is all any question should be. Breaking problems down to their most basic form. If anyone was ever that interested in my code or level of programming they have asked and they have seen. The are quite a few ppl here you can back my claims and many people also back kyles. I can claim I can build a house but if I ask how to build a brick that doesnt mean I cant build the house...Means I want to learn more about the brick so I can build a more effective house.

Aside from that you are correct though seker...though recently I have only ever reacted more so than start anything ;)

@Kyle - it works almost 100% but when you click the button the first time for it to slide down it asks if I want to save this password so I'd assume its submitting then.

- - - Updated - - -

They're in love, secretly. :)

-.- seriously, my girl may see this and find out my secret...how could you post this! (Though she is just a cover...nothing comes before "Big Kyle") LMFAO

Yii, Kohana, CakePHP, Zend, Smarty is about what i have interest in learning, and can code on those with the same claim. And it would not be hard at all to change to another framework at ease.

The rest of your post, is either... not interesting, or bull****.. you can choose :o

LMAO code a project in Symfony then smart guy. I'd love to this. As much trash as you talk if you can code an effective project using Symfony Id accept that your a great programmer xD.