MakeWebGames

SynitiCity [In Production]

Hedge

IIpEm8u.png

So I've been making a game and I thought I'd share what I'm doing with the community.

NOTE: this game is in production.

By no means is it something special or even different from other games at this stage, but hopefully in the end it will be.

I've attempted to make as much of the game myself, I haven't use any game engine. Yes there probably are parts of the code that are similar to stuff found in some of the game engines out there, but that's down to mucking around with them in the past.

I've made a point of not looking at any game engines while I make this game.

I've used Bootstrap as a base for the layout and style. I know a lot of people don't like Bootstrap, but I do and I hadn't seen a game already using it when i started.

So far I only have a couple of things done on it, but as I add more to it, I'll update this list.

~ Public Facing Pages

~ Home Page inc. Register & Login

~ Profiles

~ Mugging

~ Hacking (viewing other players stats.)

~ Items

~ Locker (inventory, with the ability to equip items into 7 different slots depending on item type.)

~ Crimes (nerve & level are required to attempt, if successful, cash and experience is rewarded.)

~ Sectors & Jump Station ('cities' and the ability to travel between them.)

~ Forum (I created this using a tutorial I found. So not really my creation, although I have expanded/improved on it a lot. )

~ Events (notification is received when something important happens.)

~ Classes (depending on what class you picked on registration, bonuses are given for exp, cash and training when doing things like crimes, mugging, training, etc.)

~ Settings

~ Change Name, Password, Avatar and the option to display or not, the SynitiCity logo area thingy.

~ Broadcast System (Players can post short messages to the broadcast page, where they will be displayed and also displayed on a scroll bar under the top menu.)

~ Attack System

~ Mail System

~ Thunder Dome (battle ladder type thingy)

I'm currently working on:

~ Logs

I have a lot of other ideas I'm going to put in place, but for now that's what I've done.

Take into account, what you see now may or may not be what it looks like when it is finally released, I am tweaking/changing things all the time.

Here's a couple screenshots, note the locker/inventory page as been zoomed out for the purpose of showing the whole page.

Feel free to post any feedback if you want (always appreciated), but this is more about sharing what I'm doing.

115151200_Screenshotfrom2013-08-05175929.thumb.png.c604a32d4bb39d104cd9c233d63fafc8.png

827799711_Screenshotfrom2013-08-05175334.thumb.png.42c07c315c1b2736a18ffb585f5ac31d.png

1067442287_Screenshotfrom2013-08-05222205.thumb.png.3f42b7e9b673df9e83dc54fce34e25f1.png

Edited by Hedge
Updated list - Finished Thunder Dome

So I've been making a game and I thought I'd share what I'm doing with the community.

NOTE: this game is in production.

By no means is it something special or even different from other games at this stage, but hopefully in the end it will be.

I've attempted to make as much of the game myself, I haven't use any game engine. Yes there probably are parts of the code that are similar to stuff found in some of the game engines out there, but that's down to mucking around with them in the past.

I've made a point of not looking at any game engines while I make this game.

I've used Bootstrap as a base for the layout and style. I know a lot of people don't like Bootstrap, but I do and I hadn't seen a game already using it when i started.

So far I only have a couple of things done on it, but as I add more to it, I'll update this list.

~ Public Facing Pages

~ Home Page inc. Register & Login

~ Profiles

~ Mugging

~ Hacking (viewing other players stats.)

~ Items

~ Locker (inventory, with the ability to equip items into 7 different slots depending on item type.)

~ Crimes (nerve & level are required to attempt, if successful, cash and experience is rewarded.)

~ Sectors & Jump Station ('cities' and the ability to travel between them.)

~ Forum (I created this using a tutorial I found. So not really my creation, although I have expanded/improved on it a lot. )

~ Events (notification is received when something important happens.)

~ Classes (depending on what class you picked on registration, bonuses are given for exp, cash and training when doing things like crimes, mugging, training, etc.)

~ Settings

~ Change Name, Password, Avatar and the option to display or not, the SynitiCity logo area thingy.

~ Broadcast System (Players can post short messages to the broadcast page, where they will be displayed and also displayed on a scroll bar under the top menu.)

I'm currently working on:

~ Attack System

I have a lot of other ideas I'm going to put in place, but for now that's what I've done.

Take into account, what you see now may or may not be what it looks like when it is finally released, I am tweaking/changing things all the time.

Here's a couple screenshots, note the locker/inventory page as been zoomed out for the purpose of showing the whole page.

Feel free to post any feedback if you want (always appreciated), but this is more about sharing what I'm doing.

good work mate

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of an update:

Have just finished the Thunder Dome feature.

Its basiclly a battle ladder type feature, where events (no limit on the how many events run at once) are listed and you can register to compete in them.

Outline:

you are entered into the event in a ranking system, so first person to enter is automaticlly given rank #1. And while the event is on, you attack other players to claim thier spot on the board.

Normal attacks do not count towards the event, only attacks from inside the event are counted.

You can't attack players who are ranked lower than you, and you can only attack the next 2 people above you, so you must "climb" to the top spot.

The events have a few different options that factor into it. You can set - Entry Cost, Prize type (cash or points), How much the prize type is worth (thier are 3 different prizes. 1st , 2nd - 10th and 11th+), Minimum and maximum level restrictions, and start/finish times.

Ive added the level restrictions so that multiple events can be run at the same time with different level restrictions, hopefully leveling out the playing field.

Now on to the next feature...

SS_TD1.thumb.png.0bf8ccb040a25e6f726e69423d0d3b6d.png

SS_TD2.thumb.png.d4844ac62f3035f800ab3c2d572aab2d.png