MakeWebGames

Which Mobile operating system do you prefer?

Jan Kaufmann

haha. I don't know where you get your custom roms from. There's no bugs anywhere. Most common mistakes people make is not wiping data when coming from another rom or significant upgrade. They are the reason bugs occur. I now have the HTC One M8 and still have the iPhone 5S.... waiting on the iPhone 6 -_- (taking forever). I already started programming applications and editing custom roms for Android and iphone apps. So having both phones is good for me. However, there's no doubt, but the Android system is by far the greatest. (HTC makes things even better with their SENSE. Literally why its the best phone out there 2 years in a row). It has no limit to its abilities, iphone is user friendly and more organised but its a bit too friendly lol. More like its controlling your life. itunes is a pain in the arse. BTW if you need help or want to know more about phones in general, ios, android, system... everything. Go to XDA.

Would you believe they were from XDA and actually cyanogenmod?

To be fair, the issue probably wasn't all the ROM, but android itself. Having to cater for so many different system configurations, it is hard to get it right on them all, hence them always seeming somewhat buggy.

For an example, I had multiple HTC's in the past, all with varying 'droid versions AND custom roms, but all of them would require a restart every could days to release the memory fully and run at full capacity again.

With my iphone 5S, I don't have that issue - I got it in December and haven't had to restart it yet -- that's a hell of a lot of days without a stall and restart.

Of course, that is also the same issue with people claiming windows sucks.

If you think about the wider picture, when people put windows against OSX, windows does quite a good job - it runs on millions of different system/hardware configurations without too many issues -- ok, same as android, needs restarts every couple days, but OSX has a very specific set of hardware it has to work with, so it should work better.

/endOfComments

Would you believe they were from XDA and actually cyanogenmod?

To be fair, the issue probably wasn't all the ROM, but android itself. Having to cater for so many different system configurations, it is hard to get it right on them all, hence them always seeming somewhat buggy.

For an example, I had multiple HTC's in the past, all with varying 'droid versions AND custom roms, but all of them would require a restart every could days to release the memory fully and run at full capacity again.

With my iphone 5S, I don't have that issue - I got it in December and haven't had to restart it yet -- that's a hell of a lot of days without a stall and restart.

Of course, that is also the same issue with people claiming windows sucks.

If you think about the wider picture, when people put windows against OSX, windows does quite a good job - it runs on millions of different system/hardware configurations without too many issues -- ok, same as android, needs restarts every couple days, but OSX has a very specific set of hardware it has to work with, so it should work better.

/endOfComments

True comments. Everything I download comes from recognized users from the XDA forums. For instance, I use Android Revolution HD 9.1 which is latest for HTC One M8, the thread is owned by mike (developer and owner of the custom rom). So viruses and threats are out of the question. It all actually depends on the custom rom if android can cope with it or not. The more its configuration and settings differs from the stock, unless the developer is the best, the higher the chances of bugs. ARHD is based on a stock rom, just modified. Hence why I never came across bugs, when I did it was easy to fix, they give patches which fix it.

About the memory full and restart. These new custom roms won't have these issues. The older phones had low memory and used to clock often. The new roms have balances and ensure these don't occur. The phones themselves have better memory and ram. My phone never lags or says out of memory. The only time I had to reset the phone was when I first installed the custom rom. Your internal storage is untouched. Only the settings and phone data is deleted. Which is really nothing, contacts, messages saved on Google, apps re download from the play store. Quick and easy. :)

• 1 month later...
Yea this big screen trend won't last. They are getting so big the buttons are all on the side so you can kind of use it one handed

Not true, Monster size screens are here to stay. I have Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and I love it.It is also great to have a large number of apps. to pick from.With a bigger screen you can enjoy what you are watching or looking at a lot more and the big plus is having a bigger battery and that means you do not have to keep glued to the wall. lol

Edited by Vorless DarkChaos
Adding More on

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...