MakeWebGames

For Sale - DrugDistrict

Frosty

Drug District is for sale!

https://flippa.com/2947947-mmorpg-game-site-with-3-534-uniques-mo-making-640-mo

Drug District is a MMORPG which can be played from any where in the world, it is based off the mccodes v2 game engine but has been heavily modified and is barely recognizable code-wise although we have used some of the original coding which suited our needs but above all the original mccodes code has been fully secured. The game is round based with the objective to be the first to get to round 29 at which time a 7 day timer counts down to the round end, on average rounds last 1 month, 9 days and we are currently on our third round.

The game makes it's money from players buying in-game credits with which they can purchase an ingame membership for the duration of the round which unlocks a bunch of helpful game features (automatic soldier hiring every hour, automatic cash deposits every hour) the game audience is mainly from word of mouth and light advertising through linkbucks ($100 spent) and voobly 6 month banner ($300 spent). Players also buy in-game credits so that they can sell them to other players for in-game cash which encourages players to buy credits.

Unfortunately in recent weeks we have decided that we can not maintain the game for the foreseeable future because myself and the game staff who help out all have full time jobs and we do not have the funds to take the game to the next level so whoever would want to buy this game needs to be prepared to spend some cash on advertising if they want to make more than the current amount of money a month. I would also be more than happy to help the buyer after the sale get familiar with the game and game controls and on how to manage the game (1 week support after sale). This sale also includes the mccodes v2 license as standard at no extra cost.

All the artwork in the game is 100% custom and created by the reputable designer Brainchild (http://brainchild.pl/) and all custom coding work has been done to the highest standard possible, contact details for our coder will also be given if you require his help, he has been with the game since day 1 and knows the code inside out and he is very skilled and fast so i would definitely recommend him although any php coder is capable of making changes and edits as long as he spends a few days going through the game code so that he can familiarize himself with it.

Is it fair to say the game is not making enough money to support itself at this time?

Do you have any income charts?

The game makes more money than it loses in server costs and server management costs, the average monthly income based on the past few months is $640/mo and stats have been posted on flippa

Wow, it's sad to see it being sold! You guys have done a great job on the game. Lets hope the new owners will continue working hard on it :)

Worst case scenario if it doesn't sell is that we will continue working on it.

I placed a bid. :) Nice site!

From fliipa

The reserve price is $8,000 due to the income, custom coding and unique artwork that was specifically created for this game.

I am sorry but there is no way your gonna get that much for the game with it only being open for that short amount of time

From fliipa

I am sorry but there is no way your gonna get that much for the game with it only being open for that short amount of time

True 8k haha your having a laugh most of the game is mccodes and i have never seen someone charge 3k for coding no offence
  • Like 1

True 8k haha your having a laugh most of the game is mccodes and i have never seen someone charge 3k for coding no offence

You don't think people charge 3k for coding a game? I know a couple of people on this forum who have made more than that on one project and it still isn't finished. So please. Do some research.

On another note, the amount of time the game has been out doesn't give a good indication of the value of the game.

Maybe when you have more data to backup the costs/profits it will become easier to sell.

Good luck with sales.

In all due respect and I'm not saying that this is the case but a screen shot of ingame donations is hardly proof enough in my opinion. Is there any other way you can provide evidence of income?

What would you like? a screenshot of paypal account? I guess that would fall in the same category of "hardly proof" there is no way to give actual "proof" short of giving you my online bank details to check the transactions.

From fliipa

Thank you for your valued contribution to this thread!

People like you really do piss me off, your a dumb **** who has no idea what actual coding has been done to the game yet you have the nerve to say "most of the game is mccodes" when you don't know ****, the entire gameplay is different, attack system, shops, items, user profile, credit market, victim finder, stash, hire soldiers, drug den, Safe House, Districts (gangs - heavily modified), ledger, level modifiers, stat modifiers, attribute modifiers, voting, drug growing system, drug selling system, soldier based housing system, stackable items with multiple variables and many more have been custom coded for the game, only very few things in the game (Hospital, Mail, forums, events, announcements and a few other insignificant pages) use mccodes and it's altered mccodes at that.

You're one of those people who think you could buy google for $10,000 AND make them pay the paypal fee's...

You don't think people charge 3k for coding a game? I know a couple of people on this forum who have made more than that on one project and it still isn't finished. So please. Do some research.

On another note, the amount of time the game has been out doesn't give a good indication of the value of the game.

Maybe when you have more data to backup the costs/profits it will become easier to sell.

Good luck with sales.

I see your point and perhaps more time is needed for a potential buyer to be able to feel confident with the figures if there was more data, if it doesn't sell i will probably consider keeping it for another 6 months and see where i get.

I cannot afford the game but this is just a suggestion incase you cannot get a buyer, have you thought of hiring a paid administrator? I am sure there are enough number of people wanting to earn some extra bucks and willing to put in their time to administrate the game if activity of administrators if the problem.

I cannot afford the game but this is just a suggestion incase you cannot get a buyer, have you thought of hiring a paid administrator? I am sure there are enough number of people wanting to earn some extra bucks and willing to put in their time to administrate the game if activity of administrators if the problem.

From the look of it, they are wanting to sell as it isn't making enough $ back to fund itself so getting a paid admin wouldn't help the $ situation, though I may have the wrong end of the stick.

I would say a paypal screenie is better than a screen shot coming from your database. Unless of course you have access to the paypal database where you can enter your own rows then sure paypal would be just as good as the original.

Also why name call people that don't agree with your reserve price or make you mad? If you talk like that to here what makes us think you don't talk to your players like that? It can make us think that you do => your players get upset => they leave => you lose potential monetization(s) => you have to sell your game because your losing money.

See how that has a potential effect on your sale? So if your dealing with a business transaction of any sort please act like a professional. Cause in the end its only hurting you.

Good luck with your sale by the looks of it you may need it ;)

I would say a paypal screenie is better than a screen shot coming from your database.

Why?

Also why name call people that don't agree with your reserve price or make you mad? If you talk like that to here what makes us think you don't talk to your players like that? It can make us think that you do => your players get upset => they leave => you lose potential monetization(s) => you have to sell your game because your losing money.

See how that has a potential effect on your sale? So if your dealing with a business transaction of any sort please act like a professional. Cause in the end its only hurting you.

What did you think of jcvenom's post? Did it contribute to the thread? I agree with Frosty there, though I might not have said it in that fashion.

Nice one.

Hey Frosty: I think you won't regret it if you spent less time working on the game and more time working on getting more players.

What would you like? a screenshot of paypal account? I guess that would fall in the same category of "hardly proof" there is no way to give actual "proof" short of giving you my online bank details to check the transactions.

Thank you for your valued contribution to this thread!

People like you really do piss me off, your a dumb **** who has no idea what actual coding has been done to the game yet you have the nerve to say "most of the game is mccodes" when you don't know ****, the entire gameplay is different, attack system, shops, items, user profile, credit market, victim finder, stash, hire soldiers, drug den, Safe House, Districts (gangs - heavily modified), ledger, level modifiers, stat modifiers, attribute modifiers, voting, drug growing system, drug selling system, soldier based housing system, stackable items with multiple variables and many more have been custom coded for the game, only very few things in the game (Hospital, Mail, forums, events, announcements and a few other insignificant pages) use mccodes and it's altered mccodes at that.

You're one of those people who think you could buy google for $10,000 AND make them pay the paypal fee's...

I see your point and perhaps more time is needed for a potential buyer to be able to feel confident with the figures if there was more data, if it doesn't sell i will probably consider keeping it for another 6 months and see where i get.

loo im not sure if you cant read i said most of the game i do know most of the game has changed which is good and i don't mean to piss anyone off i have the right to free speech

Why?

Because in my experience its harder to make your own purchases in paypal. I can easily replicate his screen shot he posted

What did you think of jcvenom's post? Did it contribute to the thread? I agree with Frosty there, though I might not have said it in that fashion.

Still no reason to flip out the way he did. Are you contributing to this thread with this post?

Nice one.

Can't tell if its sarcasm but regardless thank you.

Hey Frosty: I think you won't regret it if you spent less time working on the game and more time working on getting more players.

I agree. if your making this much money in six months that pretty good. Do you have more investments in the game you must make or something? You stated in one of your comments that your server expenses is lowering your profits and it can easily be ran via a VPS, why not just run through your time left on your current server and switch to VPS or see if they can downgrade you if you did pay for full term upfront?

I would say a paypal screenie is better than a screen shot coming from your database. Unless of course you have access to the paypal database where you can enter your own rows then sure paypal would be just as good as the original.

My players make me money, i would never talk to them that way and they don't make stupid ass comments. I am not willing to deal with people who think they know it all when they don't actually know anything.

And regarding paypal i am sure you know about the little thing in firefox called "Inspect Element" which i can use to edit the pages html, or i could just save the html version of the page onto my PC and then manually edit the page to add rows, that is my point.

loo im not sure if you cant read i said most of the game i do know most of the game has changed which is good and i don't mean to piss anyone off i have the right to free speech

Dunno why you would say "i have the right to free speech" because if you believed in your comment you would not have any issue with my comment as i also have the right to free speech.

I agree. if your making this much money in six months that pretty good. Do you have more investments in the game you must make or something? You stated in one of your comments that your server expenses is lowering your profits and it can easily be ran via a VPS, why not just run through your time left on your current server and switch to VPS or see if they can downgrade you if you did pay for full term upfront?

I prefer a Dedicated server over a VPS as i need the full control to have peace of mind, the game hasn't had a second of unauthorized downtime and that is the way i like to keep it.

My players make me money, i would never talk to them that way and they don't make stupid ass comments. I am not willing to deal with people who think they know it all when they don't actually know anything.

And regarding paypal i am sure you know about the little thing in firefox called "Inspect Element" which i can use to edit the pages html, or i could just save the html version of the page onto my PC and then manually edit the page to add rows, that is my point.

Dunno why you would say "i have the right to free speech" because if you believed in your comment you would not have any issue with my comment as i also have the right to free speech.

I prefer a Dedicated server over a VPS as i need the full control to have peace of mind, the game hasn't had a second of unauthorized downtime and that is the way i like to keep it.

nice game btw

• 2 weeks later...