MakeWebGames

[For Hire] Writing for your games

realmoflegends

Hello all,

I'm looking for a bit of work and extra cash, so i'm offering my writing services for your games. From 'Crimes' flavor text, storylines, Search the Streets text or whatever you need, i'm proficient in the English language, possess integrity and professionalism and will deliver on any timeframe needed.

I can do any type of genre, from science fiction to fantasy and gangster to anything you can dream up. Price will be determined based on work needed of course and I accept PayPal, and i'm pretty reasonable.

Feel free to PM me or email me at: [email protected] if you wish.

Thanks!

My own games use my writing, including my upcoming game. Here's the storyline intro to the game:

Your eyes slowly open, and you're greeted by a burning sensation tearing through your windpipe. You shake yourself and stand up quickly, the very air carrying a noxious scent. What in the world happened?

And then you look around you, and your breath catches in your throat! All you see is devastation, destruction and the ruins of a city you once knew and loved. You were born and raised in Yorktown, and have called it home all of your life. Many of the buildings are in tatters, and you can hardly believe that your last memory was being in your office at work, and then awakening to this nightmare.

You had seen the reports on TV and the internet about various political powers clashing over typical human desires: money, power and influence. City Councilman Max Carter led the charge to bridge the chasm and close the gaps in communication that had caused even the most level-headed of the senate to wave their scimitars with threats of nuclear retaliation. He spoke frequently of the need to talk peacefully and settle things without the need for violence. It appears his mission ended in failure.

You begin walking, surveying the carnage with unbelieving eyes, brimming with unfallen tears of anger and sadness. Almost everything is gone or damaged: the bank, the offices, everything. As you walk, you pass by the playground where you spent so many happy hours as a child, now a shattered husk of lost innocence. Your fists clench with rage. What was the point of this attack? Why did so many people have to die so that politicians could flex their muscles? You're lucky to still be alive, but right now, you feel anything but lucky.

You feel your breathing becoming labored, and you realize that the radiation in the air is probably what is causing the burning in your lungs. You pass by a scuba diving shop, and walk in, the door having been removed by the blast. You find an Oxygen tank and mask, and place it on, breathing fresh air in audible gulps. You slump against the counter, slowly recovering your strength.

You walk back outside, studying the street ahead and set your jaw with resolve. You WILL find out what happened and why, even if you have to sacrifice your own life to do so. You take a deep breath and begin walking, not knowing where the road ahead will lead, but determined to meet this challenge head on.

Djkanna - Let me take those in order:

Standard rate - depends on detail needed and length word wise. For one like my sample above - say, $30? Nothing to base it on really, let me know if that's crazy or not. :)

Collab - Absolutely! Text-based games are all about collaboration, so i'm cool with it.

Time limit - None really. This is a permanent service listing until I state otherwise.

Thanks!

Djkanna - Let me take those in order:

Standard rate - depends on detail needed and length word wise. For one like my sample above - say, $30? Nothing to base it on really, let me know if that's crazy or not. :)

Collab - Absolutely! Text-based games are all about collaboration, so i'm cool with it.

Time limit - None really. This is a permanent service listing until I state otherwise.

Thanks!

Not bad, not bad. Thanks for answering.

• 2 months later...
Hey all, anyone need writing or storyline or "streets"/crime result writing or anything like that? Still offering my services, feel free to message me.

• How do you charge?
  • Roughly, how much do you charge?
  • How quick is your turnover?
  • Can you write in genre? (ie. not just strict to one genre; mafia)