MakeWebGames

Delete User

Well if they request their account to be locked then I see it as their fault. With this being said, if they do wish to play again there is a "forgot password" option which resets their password to some random string and emails it to them. So they can get their account back if they wish.

The E-mail was one of the things that was to be removed. Thinking about it there is probably no real way to prove they are the original user without adding something to a new database (e.g. a reactive password), but then what's the point in deleting them in the first place?

I failing to see the logic of deleting an account at all.

The E-mail was one of the things that was to be removed. Thinking about it there is probably no real way to prove they are the original user without adding something to a new database (e.g. a reactive password), but then what's the point in deleting them in the first place?

The logic is not all there, I agree. But if we just change the password then they can, if they decide to play again retrieve their account. If the email is removed and they decide to play then we are doubling accounts which I dont see any logic their either

You might see it when a user is dormant and your database is filling up and you want to get rid of delinquent user rows.

Keep in mind that I will already have a membership ready to join. As it fills up I want to keep just really interested people.

Although still new to the system I see an ajax name call system rather than checking page by page. If I had hundreds or thousand of members to cycle through when only a few hundred are active I might want to get rid of the extra weight.

For now no big deal as I am just starting out but will revisit this later.

it should be pretty easy to take that little bit that I made and add on there. sure it requires heavy maintenance cause pretty much each time a module come out it may need to be updated cause of new tables that were added in and I'm sure any dev doesn't want to hold responsibility of that script.

You might see it when a user is dormant and your database is filling up and you want to get rid of delinquent user rows.

Keep in mind that I will already have a membership ready to join. As it fills up I want to keep just really interested people.

Although still new to the system I see an ajax name call system rather than checking page by page. If I had hundreds or thousand of members to cycle through when only a few hundred are active I might want to get rid of the extra weight.

For now no big deal as I am just starting out but will revisit this later.

I would honestly still not delete the data. There are other ways. If you really want it out of the database then dump it to somewhere it can later be retrieved. As for the speed issue have you actually tested the problems with dormant users? maybe the performance could be improved in other ways.

So you're actually talking about an auto delete from the User table after X amount of days rather then a delete function the admin/user can use on a per- account basis?

Edited by Dominion