MakeWebGames

Player Email Verification

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Dom, if your reading this and if you have the lastest register version I did attach the module to a post above cause you were looking for it apparently, can you test and make sure the functions work. Just remember at initial install you will be module locked and can not go anywhere other than the module itself even as admin. Because as of now if it wont work for a Super User it sure as hell wont/shouldnt work for a normal player

I don’t think my last post was all that clear.

I’ll test it tomorrow now. I’ve taken a quick look at the setup, and going by the issues stated it should be fairly easy to correct the initial install problems that DungenMaster has been asking about.

- Auto verify ID 2 on install

- Give the admin the ability to manually set an accounts E-mail as verified

The reason I mentioned a normal user account was because it makes more sense to test from a regular account than a super admins.

I understood what you were saying Dom. I have successfully verified my email as super user and also as multiple fresh accounts.

And when the main issue here gets sorted with either not being able to verify the account or the module adding you to the bad trials for 15 min then I can push these other suggestions in with the code update since these are the least of my worries as of now

Ok so after messing around with it and re installing it I am starting to see what you are talking about with the bad trials and being locked out.

What I have done is all in all removed the module lock so the can still move around in the game but they have the annoying form to fill out where ever they go to kind of get them to do it.

For some reason the block module function was giving me a hard time but maybe i was just using the function wrong. So I think I will go ahead and re-release it, and if you want to test it out go ahead and PM me and ill give you a url

Also so far I fixed what alain first told me and made the lib an include and I made it so the owner doesnt have to verify themself

Edited by KyleMassacre

Only just a chance to check this.

After testing I can say this one WORKS as it is supposed to with no login troubles!

Great job. Now that this has been taken care of I can begin working on the system as I did not want to move forward until I had some kind of proper membership system in place.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to come back to this thread but delayed because there were issues being complicated by the way time was being used in the scripts. Now that has been resolved I can look at this again.

In the case of someone that still needs to be verified, you wanted it so that they could still access everything? If so, it acts mostly as a nag that they need to verify their email, is this the intent?

Shouldn't it be that they cannot access anything until verified?

More of a request, it will be nice if there are some checks done with resending or changing email otherwise they can use the server to keep sending all kinds of email to different addresses. Perhaps something like one try per day and then a message that says "You sent the verification code already" or "You changed your Email already".

This way if they are really having problems they can contact Admin rather than keep sending out Emails and using that like a toy to annoy a lot of people.

Although not related something like this should also be in the resend password.

Update: If you click logout while the verify message is displayed it will not log you out.

Edited by DungeonMaster

I can try one more time to tinker around with the block module. I was having issues with it locking you out of the game completely and I think I figured out the correct way to do it but haven't tried yet. but yes I did update it so that it just annoys the hell outta people haha

• 2 weeks later...