MakeWebGames

Forum Sections

gmoore

Can we have some separate forums sections like mccode?

-----------------------

Announcements

Roadmap

Suggestions

Tips

-----------------------

Module Development

Core Development

Custom Modifications

Free Modules

Paid Modules

Something like that?

Greg

One thing I don't quite understand is what's the rules about posting modules for NWE? Free and paid? This is the only reason I haven't done work for the engine as I only mess around with engines to make modules for the community like I have done with McCodes

Well I would actually pay for something that saves me time. I mean lots of time. If I can do it in an hour and it looks like I will not gain 10 hours of time I probably wouldn't pay anything. I have not bought anything from the community but would for something useful.

My thoughts are that you can release your code, ask for compensation from the owner and you all deal with it :)

I looked at Mccodes and think this engine has more potential. But thats my opinion and such.

Greg

Modules you purchase or free modules you obtain from the New Worlds marketplace are safe and secure. We will review each module submitted to us before allowing you to download them. Any modules found elsewhere could contain security issues which we cannot prevent. Therefore, we strongly suggest you install only modules which come from the New Worlds marketplace.

http://www.nw-engine.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Follow practices such as

$result = $db->Execute("select id from bugs where filename = ?", $_GET['filename']);

When querying the database.

The market place has 2 different payment options. Directly with PayPal for any sales greater or equal to 5$ or via credits (1 credits being 1 USD). All the plugins which cost less than 5$ we will take no share on the sales. So you could sell modules for 1$ and get the full amount. Also we don't have minimum payout, yet all the PayPal fees are on your side. In case the package (being a module, a template, or a font) costs more than 4$ (5$ and above as we allow only integer prices) we get about 20% of the sales.

Each and every package will be checked and reviewed before being accepted in the market place. Rules are quite strict about security and quality. Which means we will not accept codes which have security holes, not formatted, or do not use the Engine features like Translate or template functions.

On the other side if you don't want to use the market place to sell your modules, you are free to do so, as you can export modules, templates, fonts directly from the admin interface, create a NWE package (nwp file), and share it as you want. Yet customers should be warned that malicious package could actually destroy games, hack your license or any other kind of bad things, so if you download packages out of the market place, be sure you fully trust the developer, and test the package on a test environment first.

http://www.nw-engine.com/wiki/index.php/Marketplace

I looked at Mccodes and think this engine has more potential. But thats my opinion and such.

Greg must be shell shocked from the security risks and the code structure of McCodes. Yeah I considered geting the secured Redux version, but when I went to the demo site, it was hacked, after logging in I was met with a message from the hackers.

As statet above, you are free to distribute however you want, you do not need use the market place. Its meant to be a reassurance for buyers that it has been reviewed for security risks.

Well as a programmer, I can do all this myself BUT Do I have the time? Do I have the patience? I have alot of respect for the main developer, though he doesn't know me, I have followed him for a couple of years. Security is probably the numbder 1 problem of any game.

As said, I don't have anything against the fact you distribute your mods without going though the marketplace, however the marketplace offers a couple of advantages:

- The code will be reviewed

- The module can be downloaded directly from the admin panel

- If the module get updates, you will be notified from the admin panel, and you can update directly from within the admin panel

However, the engine offers the tool to export any module as nwp package file which can be installed by others, or you can of course zip the module directory and offers it as well.

So overall I think there is many ways to share your work.

Added the 2 sections (free and paid modules)

I intend on adding 4 modules to the market place so far. Free of course. If I offer anything for money it will be worth it. I looked at the mccode modules for money and it was a joke (from what I saw of course).

I picked this engine, not that the messages are 700 to 70,000 (mccode) but because the few people that write give a crud. :)

Greg

I suppose a quick fix would be to add a level to the forum_section table so level 1 would be normal user and level 2 would be staff orientated and still be able to see all other categories that normal users cant see.

Obviously a bit of editing on the forum/content file would be needed to allow staff to see such categories...

I suppose a quick fix would be to add a level to the forum_section table so level 1 would be normal user and level 2 would be staff orientated and still be able to see all other categories that normal users cant see.

Obviously a bit of editing on the forum/content file would be needed to allow staff to see such categories...

I have been editing modules/forum/content.php for 3 hours now, still the makewebgames.io forums dont change. What am I doing wrong?