MakeWebGames

Quick question out of interested.

Razor42

Just have a quick question regarding the NEW engine. How many people are using/own a full license of the engine?

This information IMO is sensitive and I don't think Mr. Bertrand has released any information on how many sales of NWEngine has transacted till date.

Oh, and another one, are there any up and running successful game examples of the engine up I could see?. Just out of curiosity really :).

0 afaik.

Just have a quick question regarding the NEW engine. How many people are using/own a full license of the engine?

Though A_B, has not publicly released any specific information, there's a fair few owners of a license, whether that be full or dev.

Oh, and another one, are there any up and running successful game examples of the engine up I could see?.

Guessing from the release date of NWE and the term "successful", the answer: none.

1) Does that matter? If there is not many or actually tons of users does it means it changes you chances to have a successful game based on it? Examples in the real world: If a PC game developer picks a 3D game engine which is widely used (let's say Unity 3D) will that make his game a best seller? Or on the other side he picks something unknown will it kill the chances to make a good game? No to both. Same applies here, what counts: the features the game engine offers, and your own skills. Not the number of sales. Anyhow, let's say there is a good number of users, more than many could have thought (included me).

2) Currently there is indeed no known "successful" games currently using NWE. The reason is that for me, a good game takes time to build, whatever you use an engine or not. An engine helps to start but will not make a game a success based just on that. Does that mean NWE cannot be used? I would say no, I'm still myself working on it improving existing things and adding new features. You need something for it? Ask and usually I will do it.

@a_bertrand - Didn't mean to insult you in anyway nor for you to think that I was. I think you got the wrong idea, I was simply just asking out of interest. I support the work your doing with NWE and have recommended it to many people as its an engine you are constantly working on and upgrading. I asked simply out of interest.