MakeWebGames

Game Engines available via/supported by; this community comparison.

Djkanna

Thank you all for your feedback, I appreciate it.

(a_b):

Edit all texts:

I've seen your approach at solving this issue, it's quite unique in some ways.

I'm not saying it's inferior though, just that a template can be created for each language.

The rest of your post I see no issue with, and isn't debatable.

Something I'd like to amend/change to the document:

ezRPG still has it's own roots, our fork is a "rework" or enhancement to ezRPG - it's not fully compatible with default ezRPG, and this has been said before.

So, there are essentially two different code bases for ezRPG: official(well, not anymore as Zeggy has disappeared), and the rework(ours).

And then, for each engine, features that makes it unique.

This isn't a full comparison, but can be used to guide in the decision making process of selecting a game engine to use.

It also helps when the buyer/user has a specific theme, like for mafia MCCodes has a few distinct features that makes it take the crown.

Sure you can have a template for each language, the trick is a bit more than that. Imagine that on version 1 of a module you have about 5 links or text. Now the owner of the game change them, to match more his/her own game theme. On version 2 of the module 2 more texts have been added. If you would have to edit a template, you would basically need to merge the templates by hand basically to make sure the changes of V2 still work. With my approach nothing need to be done beside simply changing the 2 new texts. That's just for the texts directly edited.

You have then functions like for buttons which can either simply use the CSS to change the look or actually per template generate different HTML. If the modules are well done and use the standard API, then changing the template will change the actual HTML of all the modules. Sure you could have a template just for the button, but that would make things a bit clumsy IMO.

Again I'm not saying a template system is bad, I just thought my approach makes things a bit easier for the game owner.

For the multiple versions of ez... Not sure we should make a column for each different version, it would make just things more messy IMO. If you want to point some info about the fork, then please share.

On the feature list unique to all engines, I do agree, it would be great to have the list of features which makes each engines unique. So those which knows what to add should state it in this thread and the list will be updated. Indeed McCodes will be a better choice out of the box for a Mafia game, or if you want on the other side to rely purely on open source then NWE is not the good choice etc... That's why we have different cars, as they have all small or big differences which may please more one customer than another.

• 4 months later...
no longer support Mccodes bugs, errors or security flaws either on the forum or by private message due to the lack of support by the mccodes staff for their own engine.

If your looking for an engine get one thats supported by its staff. EzRPG and EzRPG Rework & NWE are my recommendations.

Did you just copy paste rulerofzu's info page?

• 5 months later...

Is anyone still checking this? I find myself continuously looking at it for ideas and such, just wondering if it is still maintained by anyone?

• 3 weeks later...