MakeWebGames

beta tester

Lord

sorry to sound criticial, but it really does look awful. And the index page just has a login form, there is no identification at all of what the site is. It wasn't until I logged in that I learnt that it is yet another mafia clone game, built using the same copy/paste files that I have seen over and over again.

If you are serious about running a game, you should invest more time in planning and idea development first. At some point you are going to have to invest in a domain name and hosting, so there's no point trying to build a game that you feel is not worth paying for.

to start of i never asked how it looks i asked to do a beta test on bugs hacks etc copy and paste ? only for in game not out side the game points market etc the domain is all set up ready to get used the images are all there just cant see them mafia clone game ??? and what games it cloned from ? find a game it look the same as that and i will pay you $5 and as the same i mean images

It's fairly obvious it's a basic mccode's setup with a few renamed files - obvious why? because it exhibits the same flaws that most out-of-the-box mccodes setups have - and even has some legacy files kicking around that to this day have never been properly cleaned up. So testing simply becomes a case of looking at the standard bugs that exist in any 2.0+ edition.

Start with the basics; look at your login form; there is enough at fault there to write a somewhat lengthy article; but I'll refrain. Missing type checking is rife throughout which is a common fault; I'm not going to bother to probe the more interesting aspects; there's too much work in my opinion needed for it to be called beta.

It's fairly obvious it's a basic mccode's setup with a few renamed files - obvious why? because it exhibits the same flaws that most out-of-the-box mccodes setups have - and even has some legacy files kicking around that to this day have never been properly cleaned up. So testing simply becomes a case of looking at the standard bugs that exist in any 2.0+ edition.

Start with the basics; look at your login form; there is enough at fault there to write a somewhat lengthy article; but I'll refrain. Missing type checking is rife throughout which is a common fault; I'm not going to bother to probe the more interesting aspects; there's too much work in my opinion needed for it to be called beta.

you obv dont know your files then as it not mccodes its posted in grpg that must tell you alot e legacy files wrong again as all the files have been made by me thats been added in the game and again the front page back to the front page not the front page am asking about its in side the game but thanks for the reply

you obv dont know your files then
That's strange then; I've never known grpg mix broken insecure files from mccodes. Would seem rather risky especially as they actually interact with our grpg files. Still; your game; I've no doubt there is some good reason for it.

[Edit]

A quick look at the GRPG sources; nope - there is definitely no files named as such; but whatever you choose to call your sources; its apparent that at least one mccode file is present, and actively querying the database in a matter which could be consider somewhat risky. As for being made by you - sorry, I doubt it in this particular file's case; I spent a lot of time working on it a while back, I know more than most how it can be used and abused. A fix was made available to the developers who partially corrected the original though yours is certainly a little older than the one that has been patched. If you had written it yourself; you would have corrected at least one of the glaring errors it exhibits.

Edited by Octarine

That's strange then; I've never known grpg mix broken insecure files from mccodes. Would seem rather risky especially as they actually interact with our grpg files. Still; your game; I've no doubt there is some good reason for it.

[Edit]

A quick look at the GRPG sources; nope - there is definitely no files named as such; but whatever you choose to call your sources; its apparent that at least one mccode file is present, and actively querying the database in a matter which could be consider somewhat risky. As for being made by you - sorry, I doubt it in this particular file's case; I spent a lot of time working on it a while back, I know more than most how it can be used and abused. A fix was made available to the developers who partially corrected the original though yours is certainly a little older than the one that has been patched. If you had written it yourself; you would have corrected at least one of the glaring errors it exhibits.

no files names as such i have changed some of the files names dose no mean its not grpg its still the base grpg just files names changed

It is grpg but some of that has been mixed into mcc games and vica versa.

On a whole grpg is just as flawed as mcc. I dont really see the need to look for bugs for you why cant you look for them yourself o_O

i have looked for bugs and stuff but there are none of what i can see and some-one else may find a bug some where. thats y i ask for a beta tester

No bugs?

Hmm, i was going to be the first poster, but then i didnt bother. First page had 1 bug and 1 security hole. Preferences.

I think you should take what has been said. Go back to the drawing board. Then come back again, sir.

Exactly.

Really if you dont see them then either your simply in denial or just dont know what your looking for. If its the latter then really your looking for someone to secure your game which isnt free.

Some advice to you Lord, you should really listen and pay attention to Octarine, he knows a lot then the average person, and he knows his stuff, in my eyes he is the best on this forum, when it comes to security and programming in general!! He is only helping you. And others like him such as HD and rulerofzu. No need to get on the defensive side about it. You asked for beta testers so they gave you their opinion about your game, and what they seen while testing it.

Some advice to you Lord, you should really listen and pay attention to Octarine, he knows a lot then the average person, and he knows his stuff, in my eyes he is the best on this forum, when it comes to security and programming in general!! He is only helping you. And others like him such as HD and rulerofzu. No need to get on the defensive side about it. You asked for beta testers so they gave you their opinion about your game, and what they seen while testing it.

yes i understand that but its only security beta testing im after not how the game looks i know it dont look nice only a crapy skin its been added and there not really telling me much about security only that it looks a mess lmao