MakeWebGames

Dark Knight Rises( Spoilers)

I really enjoyed this film from the action to the deep story behind it.I liked that even though there was many big actors they work well together..

Personally I'm a sucker for modern batman or dark knight if you wish..I love the films and video games

I thought Micheal Caine and Christian Bale was great once again, acting according to character as a broken man.

Catwoman I enjoyed too but wasn't featured all that much in big scenes

All in all I enjoyed it even though ending confused me

When batman took the bomb and went to sea with it there was 5 seconds left and a blast radius of 6 miles

But Alfred see's him in the cafe he used to visit and that he told Wayne about

I was thinking that could have been his imagination but then there are signs that say no he did survive

Such as

1. Changing the will

2.The autopilot

3. Repaired bat signal

Personally I don't want a robin film or nightwing

I didn't read comics but I will miss bale and his batman

Love to hear all your opinions and thoughts on the ending

Please try to avoid posting on that madman who killed those people.

I want to keep this discussion on this film alone

i thought it wasn't worth it it had no plot to it

Whatt!!!! did you see the movie, of course it had a plot? What was Batman's objective in the movie. The beauty of the movie is that it really had nothing to do with Batman but Bane, or was it about Bane? Dun-Dun-Dunnn.

See I just thickened the plot already

I've not seen a Batman film since Michelle Pfeiffer was catwomen (and damn!!! *although I'm sure Anne Hathaway can hold her own in that suit ;) ).

Batman films aren't really an interest for me (nor are most superhero films, since Superman 2) I didn't watch The Dark Knight or Batman Begins, so I doubt I'd be watching the third.

Like I say I've not seen it, but I doubt it doesn't have a plot, one thing most superhero films are good for are the standard good vs evil in an epic battle plot.

I like the idea of Micheal Caine, I'm guessing he's a good fit for that butler dude.

At the end of the day, if you enjoyed it, then the film did it's purpose.

Now I wonder will it do as good in the box-office (and subsequent award shows etc) as The Dark Knight?

You know the batman franchise has come along way since Michael Keaton was batman. It still aint no Adam West or nothin but a lot better than before. Its just great how it shows the much darker side of batman instead of you average tight wearing superhero.

I myself am not a DC fan more of a marvel kinda guy but I think the Dark Night trilogy is doing pretty good so far and im pretty excited about the 3rd movie, hell im even excited to see the new Superman haha

Yeah I prefer darker side of batman..

Haven't seen the old one's but Darker Batman fits his personality as a broken man who has lost his parents,person he loved and darkness inside him

Personally I hate when there has been a number on films and then they change actors or story

I don't want to see a film about robin or without bale as it generally ruins the other ones for me especially if I like them or its a complete sequel story change

Bale played a great batman and I normally feel if they make another and it flops it ruins the reputation of the previous 3

Edited by Unreal

For me, I am excited to see a Robin. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is a great actor and I think he would do a great job with that role.

Yeah he is a good actor.

But I would like to know who would train him unless Bruce would come back and mentor him

You know the batman franchise has come along way since Michael Keaton was batman.

I don't doubt it.

That's just the last one I've seen, I haven't watched them in the specific order though, as I saw the one with Jim Carey (which without a doubt was a lot lighter/more comedic than the previous) before I saw the one with Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwomen.

As for the new Superman, I saw the most recent one (I'm guessing 05-09 or in this area), but I've not enjoyed the series since Superman 1 & 2, 3 was okay but a little meh.

If your a hardcore DC fan then I doubt these new movies that Christopher Nolan is making are for you cause hes not following the "traditional" storyline of the comics. He actually makes Batman more of a rogue/vigilante crime fighter and not really a super hero. This is what really impresses me in the movies. He kinda gives it a more "current" edge to all the charactors and gives them more of a IDGAF attitude.

If your a hardcore DC fan then I doubt these new movies that Christopher Nolan is making are for you cause hes not following the "traditional" storyline of the comics. He actually makes Batman more of a rogue/vigilante crime fighter and not really a super hero. This is what really impresses me in the movies. He kinda gives it a more "current" edge to all the charactors and gives them more of a IDGAF attitude.

I'm fairly sure he does use comic books and follows them in parts.

Also people hate bale's batman because of his deep voice he puts on

But I think its genius,it hides his identity further

I saw batman with adam west earlier as it was on tv

Besides from being cringe worthy

All the other batmans speak the same as if they were bruce wayne which really would be a give away since bruce wayne is a billionaire and most know his voice

Id like people opinions on putting on different voice

The deep voice is a good idea but "his" deep voice is pretty annoying

I don't notice it all that much

Every now and then I would notice it and get annoyed by it.

But when I'm focused fully on the films I just accept it as part of batman

Everything going on around me I don't notice lol

I still haven't seen the movie, yet, but I definitely plan to. Contrary to popular belief, thanks in large part to that horrible Batman & Robin, Bane was never a stumbling idiot. He was, hands down, Batman's ultimate enemy. He was strong as a locomotive, and an absolute genius to boot.

These films, to me, have been a blessing to the hero world. Batman was never a "happy-go-lucky superhero." He was never meant to be. He had a dark past and an even darker transformation into what became Batman. Critically speaking, there has never been a Batman film to nail the essence of what was meant to be. They never captured the true emotions behind the tortured mindset that led to the absolutely ass-kicking vigilante-ism that Bruce Wayne embodies.

There will always be attempts to re-make the franchise. And, nine times out of ten, like with Superman, those swings will always be misses.

Personally, being a fan, I feel like this trilogy nailed it. At least, they got it right with about a billion times more accuracy than any previous attempts. I imagine, some day, when they're not just wanting the money, and they're not afraid to really explore what is really going on in Wayne's head, somebody will get it absolutely right, and that film will be legendary. Until then, this trilogy has made a very decent effort, and I've been happy so far. I don't think I'll be disappointed in the film at all.

As far as Bale leaving, I say, good for him. Even though he's re-sparked his career with these flicks, I think he realized when enough is enough. Pushing too far is what kills a series. Just look at Pirates. Fourth film, while they were hoping it would be the start of another trilogy, just lacked a lot of the heart the first three had. I think they're leaving it with a well-rounded set of flicks. I'm just hoping there's at least a few years before someone tries to re-boot it again.

I still haven't seen the movie, yet, but I definitely plan to. Contrary to popular belief, thanks in large part to that horrible Batman & Robin, Bane was never a stumbling idiot. He was, hands down, Batman's ultimate enemy. He was strong as a locomotive, and an absolute genius to boot.

These films, to me, have been a blessing to the hero world. Batman was never a "happy-go-lucky superhero." He was never meant to be. He had a dark past and an even darker transformation into what became Batman. Critically speaking, there has never been a Batman film to nail the essence of what was meant to be. They never captured the true emotions behind the tortured mindset that led to the absolutely ass-kicking vigilante-ism that Bruce Wayne embodies.

There will always be attempts to re-make the franchise. And, nine times out of ten, like with Superman, those swings will always be misses.

Personally, being a fan, I feel like this trilogy nailed it. At least, they got it right with about a billion times more accuracy than any previous attempts. I imagine, some day, when they're not just wanting the money, and they're not afraid to really explore what is really going on in Wayne's head, somebody will get it absolutely right, and that film will be legendary. Until then, this trilogy has made a very decent effort, and I've been happy so far. I don't think I'll be disappointed in the film at all.

As far as Bale leaving, I say, good for him. Even though he's re-sparked his career with these flicks, I think he realized when enough is enough. Pushing too far is what kills a series. Just look at Pirates. Fourth film, while they were hoping it would be the start of another trilogy, just lacked a lot of the heart the first three had. I think they're leaving it with a well-rounded set of flicks. I'm just hoping there's at least a few years before someone tries to re-boot it again.

Yeah I agree with bale leaving

But I tend never to like sequels when the main actors change..

Say they make a sequel after this and have bruce wayne and its a different actor.. I don't like them

Just a preference of mine

Notice I said sequel as if its a reboot it wont bother me as its a set of new films

Yeah I agree with bale leaving

But I tend never to like sequels when the main actors change..

Say they make a sequel after this and have bruce wayne and its a different actor.. I don't like them

Just a preference of mine

Notice I said sequel as if its a reboot it wont bother me as its a set of new films

Oh, I agree completely. I was so unhappy with the replacement Rachel in The Dark Knight. I understand, sometimes, they can't help it if the actor/actress doesn't want to return. But hell, have something happen to them in between the time of the two films or something. Just takes me right out of it. Though, I'd say Ledger's performance made up for it in that case.

Oh, I agree completely. I was so unhappy with the replacement Rachel in The Dark Knight. I understand, sometimes, they can't help it if the actor/actress doesn't want to return. But hell, have something happen to them in between the time of the two films or something. Just takes me right out of it. Though, I'd say Ledger's performance made up for it in that case.

Ledger's performance was amazing..

Yeah I agree with rachel being replaced but luckily her role in TDK wasn't as big as it could have been,After all batman isn't meant to have a love interest so killing her was the right thing to do and further turning him into a broken man

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I have loved the Dark Knight films and The dark Knight Rises was no let down. Personaly for me the Dark Night's have really showed an excellence in acting, especially in the bad guys in my opinion, I really enjoyed Bane in this film and loved Joker in the Dark Knight before this one. The dark feeling behind this film just makes it all the more better, One of the best film trilogies of all time in my opinion. Also loved the ending.

I dont think there gonna be many more of these i went to watch it and all these movies are set before the originals obviously like the bad guy in this one was bane and he was in batman forever as poison ivy's henchman so i think they need to link it with the older ones soon (set before these newer ones)

I dont think there gonna be many more of these i went to watch it and all these movies are set before the originals obviously like the bad guy in this one was bane and he was in batman forever as poison ivy's henchman so i think they need to link it with the older ones soon (set before these newer ones)

Statements like these are why movies are just getting worse and worse.

This trilogy has nothing to do with that crapfest back in the 90's. It's a reboot. And, really, the only decent one so far.

im not saying it wasnt good i think it was a good film just they need to come up with new ideas not bringing old ideas back as myself would like to see something different

What new ideas? It's a comic book character. They're sticking with the comic books.

Bane was Batman's ultimate enemy. As said in a prior post, he was nothing like that bumbling idiot in B&R. They did him justice in this film.

Catwoman, on the other hand, I have mixed feelings for. I feel like she was an unnecessary character. Not to mention, I'm not a fan of Hathaway at all. No movie is perfect, though.

im not saying it wasnt good i think it was a good film just they need to come up with new ideas not bringing old ideas back as myself would like to see something different

You do know this was based off some of the comics loosely

But Nolan added his own twist to the story...

Also the reason why you cant come up with completely new ideas is because these types of films do have tie ins with comic books

No comic book reference tend to equal people not liking films because its new or that dont want to see the character in that type of light

What new ideas? It's a comic book character. They're sticking with the comic books.

Bane was Batman's ultimate enemy. As said in a prior post, he was nothing like that bumbling idiot in B&R. They did him justice in this film.

Catwoman, on the other hand, I have mixed feelings for. I feel like she was an unnecessary character. Not to mention, I'm not a fan of Hathaway at all. No movie is perfect, though.

Seker beat me to explaining it