MakeWebGames

Am I the Only One that Has to Work in Order?

Octet

I'm just wondering whether it is only me or whether others find the same issue.

I am working on my game project, I have completed all the planning but I 'need' to use photoshop to create the front page. I can't access that until Sunday afternoon and now I feel as if I cannot do any more work on my site or game because I haven't done that bit yet.

Is it just me that has to work in a specific order or cannot concentrate or do others face similar issues?

No, but i have major OCD where i am constantly going back over my work over and over lol. I get ideas then i am like. well maybe this should be this way or this way, and it slows me down. Because I also have a hard time with deciding what is good and what is great, and what is superb lol.

I'm just wondering whether it is only me or whether others find the same issue.

I am working on my game project, I have completed all the planning but I 'need' to use photoshop to create the front page. I can't access that until Sunday afternoon and now I feel as if I cannot do any more work on my site or game because I haven't done that bit yet.

Is it just me that has to work in a specific order or cannot concentrate or do others face similar issues?

Somewhat, I generally need the layout to be done before I work on anything else.

I find that seeing exactly how something going to look, makes me more productive, than trying to visualise how a certain feature is going to look in a currently non-existent design.

Testing, changing the look of a feature or section of your game, to make it work well with the design of your game, is more appealing to me than, creating a feature with a placeholder design, then having to go back to it, because something just doesn't work with the final design.

As for projects that aren't my own, I don't have such an issue as generally the above is usally already done, or that I don't need to worry about how it's going to look, as the lead has already taken care of the step of visualising it,

which is the part I cannot accomplish.

End of the day, we all have our 'comfort zones' and little quirks, some of benifical, some are detrimental to the progress of the project at hand.

I put my left foot in my left foot out in out in out and shake it all about.

Hehehe, so true... so true.

Somewhat, I generally need the layout to be done before I work on anything else.

I find that seeing exactly how something going to look, makes me more productive.

I think I would agree with this, once I see how it looks I can happily move on with it, also this probably saves time in the long run as you don't need to keep adjusting the design.

I think I work in clumps. I know what my end-goal is. Getting there is a bit of a hop-scotch journey, though. About the only "order" I plan is the very first thing I work on. Generally speaking, this usually isn't the layout for me. I like to go in and fix any of the obvious issues (For this example, MCCodes) before I start adding anything. I prefer to start with the internal aspects first. I feel like a look means nothing if nothing works, so I always save that for last. But, as far as my general working process, I just kind of jump around to things as I notice them. Kind of takes the monotony out of it for me.

I just create an layout, slice it, then have it scripted in a source or begin from there.

I dont know if thats an order but yeah.. first layout, slice, scripting begin page, scripting login functions, inside/ingame and then i add more modifications/options.

Thats the only thing i always think about and then when im at the last step of this simple order i'll think of the concept of the game, what you will and can do.. how everything will go.

I begin with the layout because nobody is going to play an game thats just filled with text... if you dont got an good layout you'll never know if you will after you made an good source/concept..

Sorry if you don't understand me but yeah thats how i do it^^

I would have to say that I am like Seker in this respect. I know nothing about css or any of that so that part has been done for me.

When it comes to the mods and how I want them to look .. well ... I'm all over the place with it. I get easily frustrated so when something doesn't work for me after trying to get it to work after three tries ... then I move onto something else. It may seem like a huge waste of time for most ... but believe it or not ... for myself I accomplish more this way. When I am trying to solve something in one mod ... the answer may/does come to me for one I have put aside.

It's like going to sleep with an unsolved problem ... the solution presents itself to you by the time you wake up.

I would have to say that I am like Seker in this respect. I know nothing about css or any of that so that part has been done for me.

When it comes to the mods and how I want them to look .. well ... I'm all over the place with it. I get easily frustrated so when something doesn't work for me after trying to get it to work after three tries ... then I move onto something else. It may seem like a huge waste of time for most ... but believe it or not ... for myself I accomplish more this way. When I am trying to solve something in one mod ... the answer may/does come to me for one I have put aside.

It's like going to sleep with an unsolved problem ... the solution presents itself to you by the time you wake up.

Exactly what I meant. A lot of the times, I'll figure out how to do something previously unknown while working on something entirely different, so I will then go back and fix whatever needed fixing. I'm sure some do see it as jumping all over the place, but I'd rather stay productive with other aspects than get stuck on the same problem for several days.

Exactly what I meant. A lot of the times, I'll figure out how to do something previously unknown while working on something entirely different, so I will then go back and fix whatever needed fixing. I'm sure some do see it as jumping all over the place, but I'd rather stay productive with other aspects than get stuck on the same problem for several days.

Very interesting point. I suppose I also do a bit of this, I however need a base to start from, I can't just jump straight into it. Once I know what it shall look like, such as creating the design and graphics then I shall be able to see how it shall all work. This also helps when I need to test something, I like to see it with the graphics as that shall be the final product, this way I know if it looks good or whether it needs changing. Making the graphics first means I can implement them immediately and I can see straight away what is and isn't going to be suitable.