MakeWebGames

My first attempt at a game design! Opinions?

Arson

I have always messed around in Photoshop making amateur banners and buttons, but this is my first attempt at a full on website design.

Currently it is just a PSD mockup. My next step will be coding it.

Your opinions/constructive criticisms are greatly appreciated :)

Heres the screenshot

Edited by Arson

dont mean to be bad but this dont even look like a game at all i myself would not play it, i also know a good bit about games ans sorry but this look is no good

I dont agree with you , its a sleek and simple design which would fit in with any website , its not staining to the eye either and for a beginner it isnt bad .

Thanks guys.

Lately I've been thinking I would make a better designer than a programmer...I definitely enjoy working with designs more than lines (and lines and lines and lines) of code :P

You. Are not a programmer, and have/will never be.

It's your fault if you have to write "line and lines and lines" of code, it simply points to that fact that you can't write efficient code.

Also, FFS, change your signature: Sec.2.3, Par.1: http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/39806-The-big-MWG-FAQ-amp-Rules-thread?p=270001&viewfull=1#post270001

Edit:

Why so mean?

This guy is giving programming a bad name by saying it's so damn repetitive.

It's not, well not when you "can" program.

I barely write a similar line of code twice per day, which is in line with DRY(Don't.Repeat.Yourself) and KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) approaches.

Programming is funn, it's even better when you enjoy it.

Degrading the art of programming is.not.OK.

Edited by Spudinski

It's nice and clean game design.

Here's is my honest opinion to this design, a lot of people are using photoshop, and making these designs, these very same designs can be accomplished through CSS - yet these designers want to whip out the photoshop for something so easy, that can be done via CSS.

Try CSS ;)

Edited by lucky3809

Either you dont have a very tight grasp of the word "would", or you're an extremely sensitive guy.

Everyone has to write lines and lines and lines of code. If you are a programmer, you have written many many MANY lines of code. That is a fact of programming. Not a matter of efficiency. If I take on a programming career path theres no way in hell Im gonna get very far without writing thousands of lines of code at some point or another.

My point was to illustrate why I like designing better than coding, therefore I feel I **would (2)** make a better designer than a programmer.

You. Are not a programmer, and have/will never be.

It's your fault if you have to write "line and lines and lines" of code, it simply points to that fact that you can't write efficient code.

Also, FFS, change your signature: Sec.2.3, Par.1: http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/39806-The-big-MWG-FAQ-amp-Rules-thread?p=270001&viewfull=1#post270001

Edit:

Why so mean?

This guy is giving programming a bad name by saying it's so damn repetitive.

It's not, well not when you "can" program.

I barely write a similar line of code twice per day, which is in line with DRY(Don't.Repeat.Yourself) and KISS(Keep It Simple Stupid) approaches.

Programming is funn, it's even better when you enjoy it.

Degrading the art of programming is.not.OK.

I think you're overreacting just a tad..

Edited by Arson

don't get me wrong it looks ok but not for a game it would look rubbish and if anyone say games are good if the look basic your wrong and don't say torn coz torn is a example of good options not looks

I'm simply looking for opinions and constructive criticism on my first ever attempt at a Photoshop design. Not trying to make anyone use the thing on a game >_>

• 6 months later...