MakeWebGames

Free Mods and Tutorials for Web Game Developers

Arson

In my spare time I have been working on a site that I hope will some day become a valuable resource for web game developers such as ourselves.

WebGameMods.com is the name of the website.

I haven't really set in stone what I am doing with the site just yet, but so far I can give you a few details on what is to come, and offer you a chance to partake.

Free Mod Downloads

As you can see there are currently only a few free mccodes mods listed on the site.

My plan is simple, create a large database of free mod downloads the likes of which no one has seen before.

I would like to provide free mods for several engines. Pretty much any game engine that even one person has a free mod for and is willing to have it posted on the site.

Can it be done? I'm going to find out.

I will be packing together free mods that I find on these forums (creators willing) and others and making them available for download on WebGameMods. Don't worry, each free mod listing on my site will link right back to MakeWebGames, or whichever forum I find them in, along with credits to the creators. Creators can have their names linked to their website/portfolio simply by requesting it.

If you have a free mod that you would like to list on my site let me know and I will get it up ASAP.

Whats in it for you? A free link, and free publicity. Not to mention that warm fuzzy feeling you'll get knowing you're contributing to something that could help out a lot of web game developers some day :)

Tutorials

I personally would only have time to write like 1 tutorial a month, if that.

So my plan is to do pretty much the same with these as I am doing with the mods.

I will eventually set up a Tutorial submission page where writers can submit their own Tutorials to the site.

Writers would obviously get a permanent link to their website and full credit for the tutorial in return.

WebGameMods could essentially end up being a collaborative effort among this community (and others) of keen web game developers. A resource for us all to better our knowledge, and understanding of web game development and management overall.

Game Engines List

I am going to be using some SEO techniques to see what kind of traffic I can get from search engines, this will bring lots of new blood to the scene, and help the web game developer community grow to a new high.

This creates the need for extensive information about different game engines and a means to get the game owner on their way to buying/downloading an engine.

Naturally, I am going to post information about all the free game engines with as much info as I can muster up.

Paid engines will either need to purchase a link or have some sort of affiliates system before I will post a link. (Gotta pay the bills somehow!) So if you own a paid engine and would like a link just contact me and we will work something out. I'm sure I won't get any offers until there is actually traffic to the site, lol.

It's not much, but feel free to check out the site and let me know what you think!

I hope that one day WebGameMods.com will be as useful to all of us as these great forums.

Edited by Arson

I've not created many mods and those that I have, are probably outdated.

However you also have my permission to post any of them [and any future ones, unless stated] should you wish to do so.

(except the ones that are released under Public Domain, then do whatever you want I don't care)

I forbid you to use any of my modifications.

On a friendlier note, this is the wrong approach, yet again.

Something like a repository is needed in order for something like this to ever succeed.

Take for instance Apache, http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/.

Granted, it's one of the largest motherf'n repositories ever, with over one million commits, but it's the principle that count here.

It's easy to obtain and is available through many different methods. If someone decided to create a modification installer sometime(if ever), SVN integration would be very easy to do, and would provide everything that one would need like updates and versioning(hence SVN).