MakeWebGames

Which MCC styled games do better ?

Uridium

Just curious on what people think about owning a game and what they feel is needed in order for them to think its going to achieve something..

1 = Lots of links in explore

2 = Keep links in explore to a minimum

3 = Lots of menu listings

4 = Only list on menu whats needed

5 = Homepage add everything a user needs to know (even if its useless info)

6 = Homepage only add what needed and keep page scroll to a minimum

7 = Show users have lots of cash

8 = Dont show users cash (let users find out for themselves when in an attack)

9 = Hospital (Show Id, name, Reason, Hosptime)

ive actually hit a blank from here on in cos the rest IE forums and gangs only need to show whats needed...

12. Addictive features - Have something in-game for users to always be occupied with. You don't want to be pushing users away by forcing them to wait for their energy to refill. Their crimes/brave to refill. Their hospital/jail time to be set back to 0. This is wasting traffic to your game, you are not harvesting this traffic. Many games out there do this, and games which don't; are very successful.

Nice topic though. I am currently in the process of writing an article on this topic from my researches of MCC accumulated games for the past 7 years.

Ill bite on this one, and Ill share what I've observed as an owner and as a gamer.

1 = Lots of links in explore - I think that the number of links has less to do with satisfaction and retention as the quality of links on the explore page. Tho, there are those players out there who do judge by quantity at first glace.

2 = Keep links in explore to a minimum - explore is the place to find your links, I would think that 99% of your content should be highlighted here.

3 = Lots of menu listings - menus need to be clean and organised, making them easy to navigate. A bad menu with few links sucks, but a great menu with lots of links never bothered anyone.

4 = Only list on menu whats needed - instead of needed, i would go with what is used most often.

5 = Homepage add everything a user needs to know (even if its useless info) isn't this what the tutorial is for?

6 = Homepage only add what needed and keep page scroll to a minimum - duh, who wants to scroll forever?

7 = Show users have lots of cash - players quickly catch on to the idea that lots of cash means an inflated economy.

8 = Dont show users cash (let users find out for themselves when in an attack) I always prefer to know how much cash a person has out so I know what I stand to gain and how difficult an attack may be to launch.

9 = Hospital (Show Id, name, Reason, Hosptime) I can care less about this unless I have a reason to visit the hospital.

10- Story ... you have got to be kidding me, some of the most active games in the text based industry have only a one team vs the other story line. There is little lore involving what the players are trying to do other than beat on one another.

11 - daily chores keep people coming back each day, however without some kind of social interaction with the other players, no friends nor enemies are built. without friends and enemies, they have no reason to fight in a mcc based game.