MakeWebGames

skooda / Alonzo Rucker

Cronus

Well, he's trying to trade my mods for other things, pretty cut and dry I think.

Even got a screeny to prove, it is attached. (note: that email is the same email he used to register on mccodemods.com)

He also recently posted my paid donator mod here on the forum.

He has not purchased the donator mod OR the facebook login mod, but is yet distributing.

If anyone knows which sites he runs, please let me know, I'd like to send a DMCA :)

tl;dr... don't sell your work to this guy, clearly not trustable.

EDIT:

I have taken down the screenshot as the person who gave it to me would not like it shared publicly.

If you would like to see it, just message me and I will send it your way.

Edited by Cronus

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please repost the screen shot as you havent showed me cause I havent sold any mods or trade any?

Oh, you're not admitting guilt, I'm shocked.

Like I said, I have the screeny for the mwg staff that would like to see it.

I've already talked to you on msn, and you've already admitted it to me in messages.

Blackout any personal info and share the screenshot again?

Otherwise it's your word against his, with little to no proof on either side of the ballpark.

Note: I know we can PM you for it, but because we have little to nothing to gain from doing so, I doubt many will be bothered to do it (or once again I am just a lazy b.....d).

Oh, you're not admitting guilt, I'm shocked.

Like I said, I have the screeny for the mwg staff that would like to see it.

I've already talked to you on msn, and you've already admitted it to me in messages.

As in trading I still have no clue I admitted that have the mod with out purchase.How did I get it well I got the donator from a game I purchase.The facebook mod I dont use it(but think carefully if I didnt get that from game how did I get it?)I will let you figure that out .Also im not using your donator it was remove from my game no need to send a dmca.So that problem is cleared.As you just accused me didnt give me anytime to explain.

The screenshot I have has nothing on it about the donation mod at all.

You were trading the facebook login mod for something else.

Something along the lines of "hey do you have cronus' facebook login yet? If not ill give it to you for XXXX"

So even if you bought your game legally(which I doubt for some reason), that doesn't transfer ownership of the mods(which normally I would let slide), but that still gives you no rights to give my mods away for other goods/services. The mods I sell are non-transferable, but like I said, if you bought a game and it was already in the game, that wouldn't be a big deal. HOWEVER, I find it hard to believe you bought a game(legally) and it had my mods in it in uninstalled form so that you could easily distribute. If the facebook login mod was already on the game you supposedly bought, you wouldn't know how to pull it out of the game to distribute because it is spread over a few different files and takes sql that wouldn't be just openly listed.

The screenshot I have has nothing on it about the donation mod at all.

You were trading the facebook login mod for something else.

Something along the lines of "hey do you have cronus' facebook login yet? If not ill give it to you for XXXX"

So even if you bought your game legally(which I doubt for some reason), that doesn't transfer ownership of the mods(which normally I would let slide), but that still gives you no rights to give my mods away for other goods/services. The mods I sell are non-transferable, but like I said, if you bought a game and it was already in the game, that wouldn't be a big deal. HOWEVER, I find it hard to believe you bought a game(legally) and it had my mods in it in uninstalled form so that you could easily distribute. If the facebook login mod was already on the game you supposedly bought, you wouldn't know how to pull it out of the game to distribute because it is spread over a few different files and takes sql that wouldn't be just openly listed.

Something along the lines of "hey do you have cronus' facebook login yet? If not ill give it to you for XXXX"-I know who it is yes I attempt to trade it to that one person but you said you said it was more than oone person and that person isnt that innocent their self I will keep he/she name out of it.Also the game I purchase Im not sure if the game was sold legal or not I just bought the game for mostly the features but I honestly didnt know I couldnt use it on another game.

you seem to change you're story an awful lot, and you completely ignored a HUGE portion of my previous post

as per my experience, I would say that skooda is still not someone to do business with

Edited by Cronus

you seem to change you're story an awful lot, and you completely ignored a HUGE portion of my previous post

as per my experience, I would say that skooda is still not someone to do business with

Thats my story and im sticking.I hope this situation is done

Meh, I totally agree with Cronus. Skooda recently had an old backup of my game and is trying to sell it to many people on here. (I'm pretty sure many are able to back me up on this). I messaged him on MSN telling him stop selling it and replied "I need to get my game done so I will hand/sell backups out to people who will help me with my game". Pretty pathetic as he has to sell someone else's game to get his game complete. I'm not really fussed because the backup he has is an OLD backup with many bugs.

Yeah its not very cool or fair to post up some paid mods on a forum that someone else created or to "trade" paid mods who knows how many people got their hands on those scripts now and that just money out of cronus' pocket that he could have made especially with that donator mod, ive seen it and its great. And sorry to jump your thread cronus but let me flip it here for a sec now that im here. Do business with cronus, buy his mods cause they are pretty dern good I should know cause I have tons of them ;) and all paid for to the man himself. Thats my experiance with him, now back to the subject and its been noted that most likely I will not do business with skooda if I get the oppertunity to. I got your back "C".

Yeah its not very cool or fair to post up some paid mods on a forum that someone else created or to "trade" paid mods who knows how many people got their hands on those scripts now and that just money out of cronus' pocket that he could have made especially with that donator mod, ive seen it and its great. And sorry to jump your thread cronus but let me flip it here for a sec now that im here. Do business with cronus, buy his mods cause they are pretty dern good I should know cause I have tons of them ;) and all paid for to the man himself. Thats my experiance with him, now back to the subject and its been noted that most likely I will not do business with skooda if I get the oppertunity to. I got your back "C".

Even though it's not really the point of this thread, I could note the lack of response on a support ticket I submitted three days ago on Cronus' site. I've since removed the mod, and moved on to alternatives.

The point stands, though. Trading a paid mod is downright disrespectful. Can't say I would ever do it.

Even though it's not really the point of this thread, I could note the lack of response on a support ticket I submitted three days ago on Cronus' site. I've since removed the mod, and moved on to alternatives.

The point stands, though. Trading a paid mod is downright disrespectful. Can't say I would ever do it.

Currently busy with finals week here at school, been busy sorry.

Currently busy with finals week here at school, been busy sorry.

Sorry, Cronus, but from what I've read, there's always an excuse from you. If I purchased a product, I don't think timely support should be out of the question.

I was intent on ignoring the hype prior to purchase, but now.... I don't think I'll be purchasing anything from your site again.

Still nothing to do with the original topic. I do believe bartering with paid mods is not okay in any aspect. It's as bad as posting them for everyone to see, so I do side with you on that. I definitely feel skooda was in the wrong, here.

[...]I do believe bartering with paid mods is not okay in any aspect.[...]

I don't know, it's kind of a black and white situation, personally if you're trading x mod for y mod, and both parties do not use those specific mods again (unless they purchase a new license for them), doesn't seem to be much a problem.

But then again, that's all down to whether the creators would allow such a thing.

Sorry, Cronus, but from what I've read, there's always an excuse from you. If I purchased a product, I don't think timely support should be out of the question.

I was intent on ignoring the hype prior to purchase, but now.... I don't think I'll be purchasing anything from your site again.

That's fine, usually support tickets are answered within 24 hours(it sends me a txt message once an hour on the hour on the hour to remind me)

But like I said, finals are next week for uni here and I've been pretty focused on that, even turned off the txt reminders.

Your ticket will be responded to, if you decide to not purchase anymore that is fine, I'm not going to fail my classes for a few extra mod sales.. lol

Also ur ticket has been updated, should be all good now.

Edited by Cronus

Your ticket will be responded to, if you decide to not purchase anymore that is fine, I'm not going to fail my classes for a few extra mod sales.. lol

Perhaps that type of attitude is what's earned your current reputation around MWG? I just feel like anything PURCHASED should receive immediate attention.

Perhaps that type of attitude is what's earned your current reputation around MWG? I just feel like anything PURCHASED should receive immediate attention.

Sorry but uni classes come before $5-$10 mod sales on my list of importance.

I have a lot of exams in the next week or two and coding is not my my main focus until those are past.

I don't know, it's kind of a black and white situation, personally if you're trading x mod for y mod, and both parties do not use those specific mods again (unless they purchase a new license for them), doesn't seem to be much a problem.

But then again, that's all down to whether the creators would allow such a thing.

I agree that would work, however its far more trouble than it is worth for mod creators to try to keep up with mods that have been traded and whatnot.

Especially when the mods come so cheap($10 and under). However if it were an engine or large script of $200+, some sort of tracking system would certainly be needed.

You knew you had finals coming up so why did you do a big push here for your mods when you would not have the time to support them.

I am only absent for a week or two, and even then I am still checking in on everything now and then.

A few extra days for support won't kill anyone, I would like to graduate after all. lol

A few extra days for support won't kill anyone

This is almost insulting.

Suppose, for the sake of example, the mod one purchased from you meant the difference between one's game going live and sitting stagnant in no-man's-land.

A "few extra days" could kill a game's income.

Suppose, for the sake of example, the mod one purchased from you meant the difference between one's game going live and sitting stagnant in no-man's-land.

A "few extra days" could kill a game's income.

I think you are blowing this a bit out of proportion.

I am busy with exams, and it took a few extra days for support.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I had hoped people would be a bit more understanding.

But I realize that some people will be upset by it, I can't really do anything more than apologize.

But I realize that some people will be upset by it, I can't really do anything more than apologize.

Exactly my point. I feel you should state, clearly, there are chances of days before a response.

As it stands, all you say is that it is likely there will only be, approximately, 24 hours before there is a response.

I could see where many could be upset by this when it takes you more than a few days to respond.

wowowowowow

Cronus.. Mate trust me seker is 100% right at this moment. You run a site that sells mods and supports the customers as said on your website. whether you have time or not you should still be helping. Or hire someone as staff for your site.