MakeWebGames

Price for photoshop software?

SHAD

If you have photoshop software, how much did you pay for it? I'm just become interested in design and graphics and looking through photoshop softwares, the prices are crazy... 800+ for cs5 extended, 500+ for adobe cs5 ect.. So i'm here wondering how much did you pay for your software?

Those are the prices shad... Actually I don't know what the + is, but yes pro softs (any of those) are what you consider expensive. Now, if you work with those tools you will soon pay them back so for pro users they are actually not such a big issue. For hobby people you have other options like gimp or paint.net (not the normal paint).

Trial periods are good for this sort of 'try before you buy', as far as I am aware, Adobe offer trial versions of their software.

Well most of the time when i use trail stuff, i can't try out everything fully 100% ;) but ok.. maybe its better to do it that way, legit :P

Thanks for input guys, appreciated.

TBH, at this stage, i don't really think it'll make much difference to me if it's photoshop or any other cheaper software(or free), as long as i learn something, it's my goal. I was curious about photoshop as it seemsed quite prominent amongst designers.

@a_bertrand, the '+' was for varying prices in next hundred pounds. For example: 850, 830,878 ect... :D

Well for sure there is no real competitor to Photoshop. Sure GIMP will do many things, yet if you really want to work with such tools Photoshop seems to be the best option currently. Doesn't mean it's easy, doesn't mean you cannot do this or that particular thing with another tool.

If you just start, then pick up a free one, like GIMP. You will still have a lot to learn and you will already be able to do a lot.