MakeWebGames

xammp

Sim

I just installed xammp and I can't get mod-rewrite to work. It just keeps saying all pages can't be displayed.

And another problem is that my phpMyAdmin is in "German" and not english.

Another problem , "lol" is that I can't find my cpanel to create a user for my DB...

One last problem is that how I turn on php errors? :)

Let me google that for you (First link Murfitt Blog)

xampp has no security because it is not for a production server. It is a local development platform install, so you have to use the root user.

In the main xampp directory, there is a file called readme_en.txt]/b] - Info is in there

* PASSWORDS:

1) MySQL:

User: root
  Password:
  (means no password!)

As posted.

You can indeed create your own mysql user in xampp. Xampp comes equipped with phpmyadmin. If you installed xampp with default settings then one or both of these links will take you to phpmyadmin.(link1 or link2)

There will be a navigation bar at the top. (Containing buttons saying: Databases, Sql, Status, etc...) Click on the privileges button. On that page after it lists all the users there is a link that says "Add New User". Click that and that is how you create new users.

my file as posted:

here is my file:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteRule ^game/(.*)/admin/$ /gamefiles/admin/index.php?game=$1 [NC,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/$ /gamefiles/index.php?game=$1&where=$2&action=$3&user=$4&code=$5 [NC,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/$ /gamefiles/index.php?game=$1&where=$2&action=$3&id=$4 [NC,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)/(.*)/$ /gamefiles/index.php?game=$1&where=$2&action=$3 [NC,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*)/(.*)/$ /gamefiles/index.php?game=$1&where=$2 [NC,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ /gamefiles/index.php?game=$1 [NC,L]