MakeWebGames

Would it be a good idea for mods?

H4x0r666

Would it be a good idea for mods?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a good idea for mods?

If the makers or just random scripters put all those mods in the source with options in the admin panel so newbs that use the script could just turn it on and off (to see if they like the mod and instead of taking the time to put it in the source to see it live, just an inject option or something).. i was just thinking about this.. let me know if its a good idea or bad idea? because there are lots of mods around here and i think new customers would like that in a source, idk if it can be done but anyway.. tell me about it xD

A source with all mods inside already but a feature that can turn those on and off, instead that the new comers have to code this in and if they dont even like it that they must undo this work & time.. i don't know how to explain this further.. an option in the admin panel; [Enable Mods] - Enable This.. that... etc etc

yeah it was ment for mccodes v2 and maybe other versions to :) to enable mods easier.. but if the idea is already there like dominion says.. sigh :P provide me/us a link to that enabling/disabling modifications? and i dont know what you were talking about.. re-distribute the source? due to the design of the engine? we're talking here about an modification for the admin panel.. that can enable & disable all available mods (that are already inside the source) so the new customers & other newbies that use the source don't have to put those mods inside.. this could be done for the v1 source , v2 ... and redux.. but i prefer the v2 :)

I vote no here is why...

I dont want noobs who just get everything given to them i want to see variety. If this was added all mccodes games will be the same because if you have a game but dont code then you wont add anything new... Basically what im saying is people with no coding abilities will but it just to try to make a quick buck but i like to see people work for what they have!

yeah it was ment for mccodes v2 and maybe other versions to :) to enable mods easier.. but if the idea is already there like dominion says.. sigh :P provide me/us a link to that enabling/disabling modifications? and i dont know what you were talking about.. re-distribute the source? due to the design of the engine? we're talking here about an modification for the admin panel.. that can enable & disable all available mods (that are already inside the source) so the new customers & other newbies that use the source don't have to put those mods inside.. this could be done for the v1 source , v2 ... and redux.. but i prefer the v2 :)

Search for the "close page" system. It does not enable/disable a mod entirely just closes the PHP file from public viewing. It's more of a maintenance mod...

Define what you mean by disabling a modification. Would everything about it be removed? e.g. if someone disabled "gangs" would the link in menu.php, explore.php, and any linking files all be removed?

Edited by Dominion

why not just go into your permissions in ftp and not allow access to that file for that mod? At the time of not wanting it there, and deleting the link in your game to the mod..

all this other is just complicating when it's really easy to do it that way, then have something coded that is not necessarily needed.

why not just go into your permissions in ftp and not allow access to that file for that mod? At the time of not wanting it there, and deleting the link in your game to the mod..

all this other is just complicating when it's really easy to do it that way, then have something coded that is not necessarily needed.

For the same reason people don't do all their editing via phpmyadmin; so other can do it for you. If you can enable pre-installed modifications you could very easily add 10, and have staff members add features to your game over time without having to give any level of access away. Saying that I'm still not entirely sure that's what he meant by the post...

I vote no here is why...

I dont want noobs who just get everything given to them i want to see variety. If this was added all mccodes games will be the same because if you have a game but dont code then you wont add anything new... Basically what im saying is people with no coding abilities will but it just to try to make a quick buck but i like to see people work for what they have!

haha, it would sell better for the mccode owners? and it would definitly be better for newcomers its for what they pay for.. if you had no experience with scripting and wanted a game that badly.. would you like a game where you have to put all those mods you like in it with the game that costs alot of time and even you will see mods that you dont even like after you installed them... or would you like a simple all in one mod build in the admin panel to enable those modifications.. thats why i say yes^^ for the idea.. you just dont want other ppl to use it.. -.-" think further then your mind :D

The "close page" system. It does not enable/disable a mod entirely just closes the PHP file from public viewing. It's more of a maintenance mod...

Define what you mean by disabling a modification. Would everything about it be removed? e.g. if someone disabled "gangs" would the link in menu.php, explore.php, and any linking files all be removed?

Yes if the gamemaster doesn't want gangs in his game and he disables that function/modification everything(from the mod) should not be seen by the players or being used.. the all-in-one mod should remove or add those things.. but i have no idea how you would work this out. but that is what this topic is for? :P to talk about it :)

Edited by H4x0r666

why wouldn't you just delete the mods if you didn't want them , also with you wanting this for "noobs" so they can easily enable/dis-able anything they want because its too hard to do it like everyone else , do you also want people to write a programme that will write scripts for noobs ?

Edited by mixmaster

why wouldn't you just delete the mods if you didn't want them , also with you wanting this for "newbs" so they can easily enable/dis-able anything they want because its too hard to do it like everyone else , do you also want people to write a programme that will write scripts for newbs ?

because if you would like something like it you can easily enable it whenever you want, and everybody has his own taste.. so we cannot see what you want... sooo maybe person 1 wants to enable this and that and person 2 something else.. its just to make it easier for them. time saving and it should work right ahead instead of getting bugs while doing it manually (and getting help topics about those bugs etc) .. you get the idea.. and if you don't like it, give me a good reason why not XD just because you want people to do it by themselve is not something i wanne hear because thats just some sort of jealousy, don't think only about yourself and for the red part.. sigh.. stop wasting your time with posting such stuff and try actually helping others? its not only your life that matters XD