MakeWebGames

Need help

javance

I need help with making a clock in my game, spacemafia.tk, in the mainmenu.php but its giving me errors and all my coders are gone due to failure off there sites so i cant contact them and i need help with securing All my pages , i heard you can do it with one code in globals or global_func, btw i have mccodes v2 and looking for free coder

I need help with making a clock in my game, spacemafia.tk, in the mainmenu.php but its giving me errors and all my coders are gone due to failure off there sites so i cant contact them and i need help with securing All my pages , i heard you can do it with one code in globals or global_func, btw i have mccodes v2 and looking for free coder

Do you have a license to use it?

You will get errors if you don't. Mccodes will find out easily and they can take you down. So buy the license or just get mccodes lite. It's Free.

Use of mccodes v2.0.0 - v2.0.2

If he had a valid license he would of downloaded the Mccodes v2.0.3 and that would of saved security issues. Kind of.

If he had the money to buy the license. He would of had the money to buy hosting and domain.

Edited by BioHazard
could to would

You will get errors if you don't. Mccodes will find out easily and they can take you down. So buy the license or just get mccodes lite. It's Free.

Even with out a valid license Mccodes will do NOTHING about it.. BioHazard you have been around for quite some time, of all people you should know that Mccodes does nothing about anything..

quote_icon.pngOriginally Posted by BioHazard viewpost-right.png

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
Chicka
viewpost-right.png

Even with out a valid license Mccodes will do NOTHING about it.. BioHazard you have been around for quite some time, of all people you should know that Mccodes does nothing about anything..

further more he is using a .tk domain which is registered at http://dot.tk as free domain that being said javance has no legal rights to the domain unless he opts to pay them for the register of the domain and by a quick look at his website it appears he is using mccodes v2.0.2 also BioHazard having a license or not will not determine if a error gets shown as you stated

and like Chicka said mccodes will not do anything about a game running without a license and cannot do anything to be fair in my point of view mccodes v2.0.2 is basically a open source engine now as all you got to do is google "mccodes v2.0.2 and you can find on average without any digging 5 downloads if not more for the engine.

also javance I have registered on your website name is same as you see here

@ OP

Nothing is "secured" by just a few lines of code in one file. It's just not possible. Whoever that is saying, don't believe them... I also doubt you'll find a free coder with the correct qualities.

You've got errors? We need to see errors too, we can't even point you in the right direction if we don't know anything. The more info you can supply, the better it is for us and the easier we can help you. I do advise you however to at least lean the basics of php before you want to start a full blown game. Being dependant on others might not be ideal...

@ Wickidnezz, Thread

So just because you find a paid product on the internet makes it open source and requires you no longer to get a license? You're thinking amazes me! :o If MCC doesn't want to protect their product, that's their choice. If users want to use mcc without a valid license, that's at their own risk but you're still being illegal in fact.

We don't support nulled scripts nor we will not push users to go around a licensing system, in fact we should encourage them. I'm quite sure that if you were to sell something, you would want that everyone paid as well ;)

But everyone should get into the habit of getting a license of things instead of downloading it illegally.

But yh mccodes won't do anything but they are starting to track the sites down. Atleast they making a move.

LOL At the rate they are going, for every site they "attempt " take down 10 are going up. Waste of time.

We have all tried to tell people to get a valid license so they can get the upgraded mccode patch, however some people just don't care to have a legal copy.

If your having mccode problems with installing them and what not it's time you buy a license and get the updated patch for it. Then you have no worries!! Or learn php yourself and fix the errors your getting it's really simple to learn php, not that hard to learn as most gives an excuse that they dont have time, if you dont have time then i would suggest dont use mccodes period, because you NEED to know php when using the mccode engine...

@ OP

Nothing is "secured" by just a few lines of code in one file. It's just not possible. Whoever that is saying, don't believe them... I also doubt you'll find a free coder with the correct qualities.

You've got errors? We need to see errors too, we can't even point you in the right direction if we don't know anything. The more info you can supply, the better it is for us and the easier we can help you. I do advise you however to at least lean the basics of php before you want to start a full blown game. Being dependant on others might not be ideal...

@ Wickidnezz, Thread

So just because you find a paid product on the internet makes it open source and requires you no longer to get a license? You're thinking amazes me! :o If MCC doesn't want to protect their product, that's their choice. If users want to use mcc without a valid license, that's at their own risk but you're still being illegal in fact.

We don't support nulled scripts nor we will not push users to go around a licensing system, in fact we should encourage them. I'm quite sure that if you were to sell something, you would want that everyone paid as well ;)

to be fair nickson if I were to create something like a game engine and sell it I would have it setup so there was no possible way to exploit it or run it without a license and yes in my mind I do belive mcv2.0.2 is open source due to anyone can obtain it without a license

to be fair nickson if I were to create something like a game engine and sell it I would have it setup so there was no possible way to exploit it or run it without a license and yes in my mind I do belive mcv2.0.2 is open source due to anyone can obtain it without a license

Yea what he said :D

@Wickidnezz,

You make a valuable point! It is really easy to get a hold of mccodes, and not needing a license to run the engine. I think it's the creators problem when their engine is all over rapidshare for free, maybe if they made it to where you needed a license before installing it, it would have made it harder for people to use it for free, however most people uses free copies of the engine due to the coding is not properly coded, and why pay for something that is not in working condition?! I never understood that, why mccodes is selling an engine that is not properly coded in the first place, plus the advertisement of it being new out of the box...

Not to mention not at least getting a business license, to sell such or getting a copyright on their products, like most companies do that are legal!

So windows OS's are open source as well? Nuh uh ... linux can be considered open source, mcc is not. Is it a broken product that runs like a car with square wheels? Yes, it is! It doesn't matter if they have a bad marketing strategy or failing business set up? Not really. It doesn't even matter how poorly it's coded, mcc isn't open source, except v1 lite. Simple as. Don't confuse other users with false information please. I don't mind you having another opinion about this, but still, it is the way it is. Eventhough, you do have a point... If they decide not to hunt unpaid copies and what else, that's purely their problem.

If I were to make an engine it wouldn't be anything like mcc, mcc is a premade game with lots of faults and issues. It can't even be considered an engine

So windows OS's are open source as well? Nuh uh ... linux can be considered open source, mcc is not. Is it a broken product that runs like a car with square wheels? Yes, it is! It doesn't matter if they have a bad marketing strategy or failing business set up? Not really. It doesn't even matter how poorly it's coded, mcc isn't open source, except v1 lite. Simple as. Don't confuse other users with false information please. I don't mind you having another opinion about this, but still, it is the way it is. Eventhough, you do have a point... If they decide not to hunt unpaid copies and what else, that's purely their problem.

If I were to make an engine it wouldn't be anything like mcc, mcc is a premade game with lots of faults and issues. It can't even be considered an engine ;)

Nickson I think you are the one who is confused as linux is a open source OS to begin with unless your talking about fedora redhat and such but there are so many different versions of linux that are open source from get go like ubuntu,mint linux and few others and as for comparing a internet product to a car is not exactly irrelevant in this case and mccodes doesn't even own a legal copyright or a business license to begin with and if you can get a system that is well known for free in my mind it is considered open source

Finally, somebody plucks up the courage to state the bleeding obvious.

actually there have been whole threads asking if people consider mccodes an engine or not. v1 for example was originally just a game backup.

mccodes doesn't even own a legal copyright or a business license to begin with and if you can get a system that is well known for free in my mind it is considered open source

No...

Read - http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/36992-Copyright-Basics or http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/34639-Copyrights-facts

actually there have been whole threads asking if people consider mccodes an engine or not. v1 for example was originally just a game backup.

No...

Read - http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/36992-Copyright-Basics or http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/34639-Copyrights-facts

Dominion the second link is not even written in legal form and only sort of copyright mccodes holds is the basic generic copyright when one creates something which is not actually LEGAL therefore no legal action could be taken and mccodes using a service from DMCA to attempt to have websites using a non valid license taken down which again is not a legal service as I have personally contacted them about there services and asked if they were legal and they told me no they was not

Wickidnezz: I think you simply don't understand something. ANY creative work is basically automatically copyrighted. Now you can argue as much as you want, and try to make yourself smarter, but the simple fact is, McCode owners do own it legally and own the copyrights. Still that doesn't make it an easy task to stop somebody stealing your creative / copyrighted work.

Now I will ask as personal favor, stop this kind of discussions as copyrights are clear facts, and can be found on many web sites via google. No need to continue to talk about something which is clearly wrong.

Wickidnezz: I think you simply don't understand something. ANY creative work is basically automatically copyrighted. Now you can argue as much as you want, and try to make yourself smarter, but the simple fact is, McCode owners do own it legally and own the copyrights. Still that doesn't make it an easy task to stop somebody stealing your creative / copyrighted work.

Now I will ask as personal favor, stop this kind of discussions as copyrights are clear facts, and can be found on many web sites via google. No need to continue to talk about something which is clearly wrong.

a_bertrand I think it's time you make a trip to the bloody eye doctor as if you look here "the basic generic copyright when one creates something which is not actually LEGAL therefore no legal action could be taken"

and don't try to belittle me I have contacted the Canadian Intellectual Property Office - Website:www.cipo.ic.gc.ca/ for my own reasons and they actually told me the same thing "the basic generic copyright when one creates something which is not actually LEGAL therefore no legal action could be taken" but in different wording and if my memory serves correct dabomstew was 15 years old when he started mccodes therefore a 15 year old cannot obtain a legal copyright and it is easy to take action against someone stealing your creative work if its LEGALLY copyrighted so don't try and tell me about things that I actually looked into for my own reasons when I know what I talking about and what you guys have wrote in a forum post is inncorrect in order to be able to take any legal action the copyright must be LEGAL which means registered eh with that said I suggest you or whoever got that information in the posts above Dominion referred me to should go back to reading about copyrights.

anything more you care to tell me about this do threw inbox

Edited by Wickidnezz
added a part

Dominion the second link is not even written in legal form and only sort of copyright mccodes holds is the basic generic copyright when one creates something which is not actually LEGAL therefore no legal action could be taken and mccodes using a service from DMCA to attempt to have websites using a non valid license taken down which again is not a legal service as I have personally contacted them about there services and asked if they were legal and they told me no they was not

It's a forum post "legal format" is hardly relevant when giving general information. I would also like to see that E-mail...

DMCA does not require your copyright to be registered nor does in forcing a licence for something like Mccodes. Well you're right about not being able to take direct court action (depending where you are anyway), in mccodes case a DMCA should be enough to take a non licensed site off line.

It's a forum post "legal format" is hardly relevant when giving general information. I would also like to see that E-mail...

DMCA does not require your copyright to be registered nor does in forcing a licence for something like Mccodes. Well you're right about not being able to take direct court action (depending where you are anyway), in mccodes case a DMCA should be enough to take a non licensed site off line.

DMCA isn't legal therefore you do not not need to listen

DMCA is a US law... beside that no it's not legal ;) also odd enough Canada do have its own DMCA equivalent (or nearly).

BTW, just as info, the law of the country of your hosting apply to stuff you place on your site not your own personal country law, that implies that a waste majority of the website fall under US law.

DMCA is a US law... beside that no it's not legal ;) also odd enough Canada do have its own DMCA equivalent (or nearly).

BTW, just as info, the law of the country of your hosting apply to stuff you place on your site not your own personal country law, that implies that a waste majority of the website fall under US law.

the arguement/topic of dmca isn't about if it is or isn't a us law but rather if it's legal which it isn't which means a person/company would not have to take any action about a "take down notice" but a_bertrand here's something you might like to add to your "copyright info post"

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 1

Section 1 · Short Title.

This Act may be cited as the “Digital Millennium Copyright Act”.

Title I — WIPO Treaties Implementation

Sec. 101 · Short Title.

This title may be cited as the ‘‘WIPO Copyright and Performances and Phonograms

Treaties Implementation Act of 1998’’.

Sec. 105 · Effective Date.

(a) In General.—Except as otherwise provided in this title, this title and the

amendments made by this title shall take effect on the date of the enactment of

this Act.

(b) Amendments Relating to Certain International Agreements.—

(1) The following shall take effect upon the entry into force of the WIPO Copyright

Treaty with respect to the United States:

(A) Paragraph (5) of the definition of ‘‘international agreement’’ contained

in section 101 of title 17, United States Code, as amended by section

102(a)(4) of this Act.

(B) The amendment made by section 102(a)(6) of this Act.

© Subparagraph © of section 104A(h)(1) of title 17, United States

Code, as amended by section 102©(1) of this Act.

(D) Subparagraph © of section 104A(h)(3) of title 17, United States

Code, as amended by section 102©(2) of this Act.

(2) The following shall take effect upon the entry into force of the WIPO

Performances and Phonograms Treaty with respect to the United States:

(A) Paragraph (6) of the definition of ‘‘international agreement’’ contained

in section 101 of title 17, United States Code, as amended by section

102(a)(4) of this Act.

(B) The amendment made by section 102(a)(7) of this Act.

© The amendment made by section 102(b)(2) of this Act.

(D) Subparagraph (D) of section 104A(h)(1) of title 17, United States

Code, as amended by section 102©(1) of this Act.

288 Copyright Law of the United States

Appendix B The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998

(E) Subparagraph (D) of section 104A(h)(3) of title 17, United States

Code, as amended by section 102©(2) of this Act.

(F) The amendments made by section 102©(3) of this Act.

Title II — Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation

Sec. 201 · Short Title.

This title may be cited as the ‘‘Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation

Act’’.

Sec. 203 · Effective Date.

This title and the amendments made by this title shall take effect on the date

of the enactment of this Act.

Title IV — Miscellaneous Provisions

Sec. 401 · Provisions Relating to the Commissioner of Patents and Trademarks

and the Register of Copyrights

(a) Compensation.—(1) Section 3(d) of title 35, United States Code, is

amended by striking ‘‘prescribed by law for Assistant Secretaries of Commerce’’

and inserting ‘‘in effect for level III of the Executive Schedule under section 5314

of title 5, United States Code’’.

(3) Section 5314 of title 5, United States Code, is amended by adding at the

end the following:

‘‘Assistant Secretary of Commerce and Commissioner of Patents and

Trademarks.

‘‘Register of Copyrights.’’.

Sec. 405 · Scope of Exclusive Rights in Sound Recordings; Ephemeral

Recordings.

(a) Scope of Exclusive Rights in Sound Recordings.

Copyright Law of the United States 289

(5) The amendment made by paragraph (2)(B)(i)(III) of this subsection

shall be deemed to have been enacted as part of the Digital Performance Right

in Sound Recordings Act of 1995, and the publication of notice of proceedings

under section 114(f)(1) of title 17, United States Code, as in effect upon the

effective date of that Act, for the determination of royalty payments shall be

deemed to have been made for the period beginning on the effective date of

that Act and ending on December 1, 2001.

(6) The amendments made by this subsection do not annul, limit, or otherwise

impair the rights that are preserved by section 114 of title 17, United

States Code, including the rights preserved by subsections ©, (d)(4), and (i)

of such section.

© Scope of Section 112(a) of Title 17 Not Affected.—

Nothing in this section or the amendments made by this section shall affect

the scope of section 112(a) of title 17, United States Code, or the entitlement of

any person to an exemption thereunder.

Sec. 406 · Assumption of Contractual Obligations Related to Transfers of

Rights in Motion Pictures.

(a) In General.—Part VI of title 28, United States Code, is amended by adding

at the end the following new chapter:

‘‘Chapter 180—Assumption 0f Certain Contractual Obligations

“Sec. 4001. Assumption of contractual obligations related to transfers of rights

in motion pictures.

‘‘§4001. Assumption of contractual obligations related to transfers of rights

in motion pictures

‘‘(a) Assumption of Obligations.—(1) In the case of a transfer of copyright

ownership under United States law in a motion picture (as the terms ‘transfer

of copyright ownership’ and ‘motion picture’ are defined in section 101 of

title 17) that is produced subject to 1 or more collective bargaining agreements

negotiated under the laws of the United States, if the transfer is executed on or

after the effective date of this chapter and is not limited to public performance

rights, the transfer instrument shall be deemed to incorporate the assumption

agreements applicable to the copyright ownership being transferred that are

required by the applicable collective bargaining agreement, and the transferee

shall be subject to the obligations under each such assumption agreement to

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 Appendix B

290 Copyright Law of the United States

Appendix B The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998

make residual payments and provide related notices, accruing after the effective

date of the transfer and applicable to the exploitation of the rights transferred,

and any remedies under each such assumption agreement for breach of those

obligations, as those obligations and remedies are set forth in the applicable

collective bargaining agreement, if—

‘‘(A) the transferee knows or has reason to know at the time of the transfer

that such collective bargaining agreement was or will be applicable to

the motion picture; or

‘‘(B) in the event of a court order confirming an arbitration award against

the transferor under the collective bargaining agreement, the transferor does

not have the financial ability to satisfy the award within 90 days after the

order is issued.

‘‘(2) For purposes of paragraph (1)(A), ‘knows or has reason to know’ means

any of the following:

‘‘(A) Actual knowledge that the collective bargaining agreement was or

will be applicable to the motion picture.

‘‘(B)(i) Constructive knowledge that the collective bargaining agreement

was or will be applicable to the motion picture, arising from recordation of

a document pertaining to copyright in the motion picture under section

205 of title 17 or from publication, at a site available to the public online that

is operated by the relevant union, of information that identifies the motion

picture as subject to a collective bargaining agreement with that union, if

the site permits commercially reasonable verification of the date on which

the information was available for access.

‘‘(ii) Clause (i) applies only if the transfer referred to in subsection

(a)(1) occurs—

‘‘(I) after the motion picture is completed, or

‘‘(II) before the motion picture is completed and—

‘‘(aa) within 18 months before the filing of an application for copyright

registration for the motion picture under section 408 of title

17, or

‘‘(bb) if no such application is filed, within 18 months before the

first publication of the motion picture in the United States.

‘‘© Awareness of other facts and circumstances pertaining to a particular

transfer from which it is apparent that the collective bargaining agreement

was or will be applicable to the motion picture.

‘‘(b) Scope of Exclusion of Transfers of Public Performance Rights.—

For purposes of this section, the exclusion under subsection (a) of transfers of

copyright ownership in a motion picture that are limited to public performance

rights includes transfers to a terrestrial broadcast station, cable system, or programmer

to the extent that the station, system, or programmer is functioning as

an exhibitor of the motion picture, either by exhibiting the motion picture on its

Copyright Law of the United States 291

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 Appendix B

own network, system, service, or station, or by initiating the transmission of an

exhibition that is carried on another network, system, service, or station. When a

terrestrial broadcast station, cable system, or programmer, or other transferee, is

also functioning otherwise as a distributor or as a producer of the motion picture,

the public performance exclusion does not affect any obligations imposed on the

transferee to the extent that it is engaging in such functions.

‘‘© Exclusion for Grants of Security Interests.—Subsection (a) shall

not apply to—

‘‘(1) a transfer of copyright ownership consisting solely of a mortgage, hypothecation,

or other security interest; or

‘‘(2) a subsequent transfer of the copyright ownership secured by the security

interest described in paragraph (1) by or under the authority of the secured

party, including a transfer through the exercise of the secured party’s rights or

remedies as a secured party, or by a subsequent transferee.

The exclusion under this subsection shall not affect any rights or remedies under

law or contract.

‘‘(d) Deferral Pending Resolution of Bona Fide Dispute.—A transferee

on which obligations are imposed under subsection (a) by virtue of paragraph

(1) of that subsection may elect to defer performance of such obligations

that are subject to a bona fide dispute between a union and a prior transferor

until that dispute is resolved, except that such deferral shall not stay accrual of any

union claims due under an applicable collective bargaining agreement.

‘‘(e) Scope of Obligations Determined by Private Agreement.—Nothing

in this section shall expand or diminish the rights, obligations, or remedies of

any person under the collective bargaining agreements or assumption agreements

referred to in this section.

‘‘(f) Failure to Notify.—If the transferor under subsection (a) fails to notify

the transferee under subsection (a) of applicable collective bargaining obligations

before the execution of the transfer instrument, and subsection (a) is made applicable

to the transferee solely by virtue of subsection (a)(1)(B), the transferor

shall be liable to the transferee for any damages suffered by the transferee as a

result of the failure to notify.

‘‘(g) Determination of Disputes and Claims.—Any dispute concerning

the application of subsections (a) through (f) shall be determined by an action in

United States district court, and the court in its discretion may allow the recovery

of full costs by or against any party and may also award a reasonable attorney’s

fee to the prevailing party as part of the costs.

‘‘(h) Study.—The Comptroller General, in consultation with the Register of

Copyrights, shall conduct a study of the conditions in the motion picture industry

that gave rise to this section, and the impact of this section on the motion

picture industry. The Comptroller General shall report the findings of the study

to the Congress within 2 years after the effective date of this chapter.’’.

292 Copyright Law of the United States

Sec. 407 · Effective Date.

Except as otherwise provided in this title, this title and the amendments made

by this title shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this Act.

Title V — Protection of Certain Original Designs

Sec. 501 · Short Title.

This Act may be referred to as the ‘‘Vessel Hull Design Protection Act’’.

Sec. 505 · Effective Date.2

The amendments made by sections 502 and 503 shall take effect on the date of

the enactment of this Act.3

Appendix B · Notes

1. This appendix contains provisions from the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA),

Pub. L. No. 105-304, 112 Stat. 2860, that do not amend title 17 of the United States Code.

2. The Intellectual Property and Communications Omnibus Reform Act of 1999 amended

section 505 by deleting everything at the end of the sentence, after “Act.” Pub. L. No. 106-

113, 113 Stat. 1501, app. I at 1501A-521, 593.

3. Section 502 of the DMCA added chapter 13 to title 17 of the United States Code. Section

503 made conforming amendments. The date of enactment of this Act is October 28, 1998.

also that is from http://www.copyright.gov/title17/