MakeWebGames

HostMania - The Best Free Website Hosting

Teath

LogoSlogan-480x110-1.png

HostMania is a company dedicated to providing the BEST hosting experience possible.

We try to always be one step ahead of our competitors with our prices.

We have experienced support team always ready to help us.

We can be trusted.

HostingPlans.png

Features1.png

Buy in longer terms, and get up to 30% cheaper!

OrderNow.png

Special Offer!

Use the promo code "makewebgames" and get 50% off your first invoice!

We are 100% legit and legal!

HostMania is part of Mania Gaming Network (http://maniagaming.net)

Edited by Teath

Hello,

I just have a few questions:

1. Do you accept all cron jobs?

2. What would be different than any other hosting site out there if you are just using the basic whmcs set up with out any extra touch up or effort put in.

3. For your "Super" Package, what would limit me from buying that for a month or more (for the discount) and just uploading 1T of files I have for safe keeping, is that allowed?

4. If my site/account starts to make you server slow, what would your action be?

5. How do I know, and guarantee, that you will not go into my files or account and grab any information you want or files you want?

Thanks,

Peter Leaman

Hello,

I have answers for you:

1) We do accept all cron jobs.

2) We started yesterday, we haven't been able to give any "extra touch" yet. We have very cheap prices, that's what makes us different.

3) File storage is not allowed. All files in your hosting account must be site-relevant.

4) We would check if your site has any unreasonable content to make our server slow. If not, we will upgrade our servers to compensate it.

5) It is guaranteed by our privacy policy, and the international laws. We would never do anything like that. How would you like us to guarantee it further?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
why is file storage not allowed? i just dont get it since you pay for the space right?

Clear sign of an over seller. By restricting file hosting they are basically saying "We cannot have everyone using their allowed quota's because the server/account isn't big enough.".

If I am mistaken and you don't oversell I shall gladly be purchasing your 1TB package and be hosting a site with a very large database.

Hello Teath, as before when you posted on your other hosting that was illegal of use... Does the same thing apply on your new hosting site? Because you did piss off a lot of paying customers that had your host before, when you deleted all the accounts, then your site was reported for fraud... I am sorry I have said this but others need to know whom they are dealing with, in my book your hosting is unreliable, and not trustworthy. No one should use your service whom are expecting to have their website up for over 2-10 years, your last hosting lasted 2 months and it was shut down for illegal program use, that you used, which everyone whom paid was chit out of luck.

Edited by lucky3809

Clear sign of an over seller. By restricting file hosting they are basically saying "We cannot have everyone using their allowed quota's because the server/account isn't big enough.".

If I am mistaken and you don't oversell I shall gladly be purchasing your 1TB package and be hosting a site with a very large database.

It is a common rule in web hosting that you are not allowed to store personal files not related to the website in your account.

If you want to host your files/backups/whatever, you should think of buying a VPS or a dedicated server.

That is why web hosting is called web hosting, and not file hosting.

You don't pay us to host your files. You can do that in MediaFire. You pay us so we would host your website. And that is what we do. We don't host your personal files.

Hello Teath, as before when you posted on your other hosting that was illegal of use... Does the same thing apply on your new hosting site? Because you did piss off a lot of paying customers that had your host before, when you deleted all the accounts, then your site was reported for fraud... I am sorry I have said this but others need to know whom they are dealing with, in my book your hosting is unreliable, and not trustworthy. No one should use your service whom are expecting to have their website up for over 2-10 years, your last hosting lasted 2 months and it was shut down for illegal program use, that you used, which everyone whom paid was chit out of luck.

The previous hosting site I owned has nothing to do with the new one.

With the old one, I made many mistakes, which I haven't done this time.

Also, I'd like to clear up a few things,

First, the previous site did not have any paying customers. And so, nobody was scammed. Every customer was noticed before the servers shut down.

Second, the site was not shut down for using illegal software, it was shut down by me, as I decided I have to think the hosting business through, and that the current company was not able to succeed in any way.

If the site is slow for you, it might be due to the fact our servers have experienced 4 medium-strength DDoS attacks in the past few days. As our servers are still well protected, no data were lost, and the server didn't get any downtime, they were just slowed down for some time. It is clear that someone is either so bored or so stupid to just try take down other sites. We have reported these attacks and a legal action will take place.

As for your question if this host is illegal, no. We pay taxes, have all-legit software and everything else. We are absolutely legitimate.

Edited by Teath

If all that info in the database is mandatory for your website, then it is allowed. But I highly doubt your site database would be 500GB, unless most of it is useless and outdated.

For example, if you have 100GB of 3 years old logs, we will tell you to remove them. Or when you have 100GB of database space used to hold account information for users that hasn't show up in the past year, we will also ask you to remove it.

As long as you use the disk space reasonably, you are allowed to do so. Common sense is what's needed here.

If you lack of it, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

We are currently under ongoing datacenter switch.

When it's done, the server will be much more powerful and faster.

The file transfer will be completed in the next 24 hours.

Sorry for any trouble regarding to this.

All downtime to any website will be refunded as credit to the hosting account.