MakeWebGames

Everyone Read

runthis

I definitely do not want to use mccodes, i mentioned it as a suggestion, as i thought it is something people would be more comfortable with.

I would like to know who the top four are too, I am assuming you and peter would already be 2 of them(but your not keen on it, and peter says hes too busy)

I definitely do not want to use mccodes, i mentioned it as a suggestion, as i thought it is something people would be more comfortable with.

I would like to know who the top four are too, I am assuming you and peter would already be 2 of them(but your not keen on it, and peter says hes too busy)

Well... I would say much more planning, and even asking the people who you believe would be running the project if they want to be involved could help gain more support. Pick something (I would suggest it needs to be open source so others that contribute would gain something) to create, plan out the features, and ask for community volunteers.

My thoughts: Create a structured team, look at some succesfull indie game projects. Look at how there staff structure is consisted off. There will need to be more then 4 people no matter how you look at it unless the shares of the project is going to be higher then another members. Your at least need

Project Manager

Lead Programmer

# Other Programmers

Lead Artist

# Other Artist

Could probally get away with One Web Designer

Then your need someone good with SEO/Marketing/Advertising

So, what if someone is a great programmer and SEO/Marketing/Advertising, thats 2 job's for him so he should get more. Correct? =]

One way to get away with people not liking one another is to create a new site for the project (whoever project manager is) and FORCE everyone to use new aliases and not be able to show-off previous work they have done. If would give everyone a new start getting to know one another.

Best bets for this type of project, especially on here is to just create an open source project and just let people contribute. Make money selling modifications.

I believe this would be a perfect project where a lot of people could contribute:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/neverwinter-nights_/screenshots

Since the game is a real RPG with multiplayer features.

Several artist could all be working on different things. (characters, locations, items)

Several programmers could be working on many different things. (travel system, battle system, guild system, party system, events)

Writers can showcase there true talents as this could be a true story instead of little descriptions about things or introductions. =]

Also with the latest technologies, the game will not have to rely on refreshing everytime after actions.

I hope it looks bad, its a DOS game.

I was implying the concept behind such a game which I still believe would be the best idea to get many people involved.

ezRPG is not even a php game engine, its more of a user registration engine. A RPG consist of at least one character and stats. ;)

ezRPG is not even a php game engine, its more of a user registration engine. A RPG consist of at least one character and stats. ;)

You add things to the Framework/Engine. That's kind of the point of it. The core is there, but everything else it down to you. Very east to use as well...

I was thinking more on the lines of a custom created code.

@Danny696

If i wrote up a functions page tonight, could you be arsed to add a bit to it and send it back or pass it on?

I believe a design document should be started first or at least a list of feature. Not functions (unless thats what you mean)

@Dominion, I used ezRPG before, Its a nice framework/engine. He advertises it as an RPG Engine which is nowhere near that. =]

@Dominion, I used ezRPG before, Its a nice framework/engine. He advertises it as an RPG Engine which is nowhere near that. =]

I feel that's what a game engine should be... Not a pre-made game like most are. Opinions I guess.

@runthis - Have you even picked what to produce you? Why send one file around? Use something public like https://github.com/ .