MakeWebGames

Installation Error

kirinelf

Hey there, been trying to install this but can't get past the installation step. Been throwing out this error:

INSTALLATION ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 1

In the SQL database, it has tables for everything up to referals, with everything from settings to weapons not created. Any idea how I can solve this? I'm new to all this.

For more info, I'm using the Lite version (v1.1).

Edited by kirinelf

I'm using the latest version of xampp, so it's version 5.5.8. Thanks for your hint; not sure how I missed it. Settings is the only one using TYPE=MyISAM, everything else was using ENGINE=MyISAM. I'll test it when I get home from uni.

Edit: I went ahead and tested it out, and it works. Now it's telling me to install the crons, but I don't know how to do that since I don't have cPanel. I'm just testing it on a local test server at the moment. Any help?

Edited by kirinelf

I'm using the latest version of xampp, so it's version 5.5.8. Thanks for your hint; not sure how I missed it. Settings is the only one using TYPE=MyISAM, everything else was using ENGINE=MyISAM. I'll test it when I get home from uni.

Edit: I went ahead and tested it out, and it works. Now it's telling me to install the crons, but I don't know how to do that since I don't have cPanel. I'm just testing it on a local test server at the moment. Any help?

Considering you're just testing having the crons running isn't really needed considering it's not a production game.

• 1 month later...