MakeWebGames

How Many Items Would You Want To Equip

Blade Maker

How Many Items Would You Want To Equip  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Items Would You Want To Equip

• You can equip as many items as you want
    • You can equip 1 of each armor/weapon

I voted 'You can equip 1 of each armor/weapon' simply because it is more life like. For example, on the GrandTheftAuto series, you have all the weapons in your jacket pocket....hmmmm. That's not realistic, but yet, they put it in a realistic city (with fictional names of course) and well, the unrealism of the weapon equipping ruins it for me, not a lot i must say, but it isn't perfect.

Anyway, having as many items you can equip, you might as well get rid of the equip/unequip system (if you are using mccodes) which would then not make the game competitive, as each item has different attributes, correct? Then buy the best and have 100s of each, thus, 100s of added attributes, someone WILL be 'the don' of the game and ruin the experience for others.

Just my thoughts...

-sniko

I voted 'You can equip 1 of each armor/weapon' simply because it is more life like. For example, on the GrandTheftAuto series, you have all the weapons in your jacket pocket....hmmmm. That's not realistic, but yet, they put it in a realistic city (with fictional names of course) and well, the unrealism of the weapon equipping ruins it for me, not a lot i must say, but it isn't perfect.

Anyway, having as many items you can equip, you might as well get rid of the equip/unequip system (if you are using mccodes) which would then not make the game competitive, as each item has different attributes, correct? Then buy the best and have 100s of each, thus, 100s of added attributes, someone WILL be 'the don' of the game and ruin the experience for others.

Just my thoughts...

-sniko

PS3 - GTAIV (TBOGT), pwn?

Voted 1 & 1, much better than as many as you like (which I'm sure isn't even possible).

Yeah, being able to equip to many items will throw off the balance of your game and it will quickly die out. Once you have "Mr. Powerful" who got all these items and just kept adding, the new guys wont stand a chance and will quit your game. There are tons of reasons to stick to equipping a limited number of items, but I wanted to point out longevity of the game. Whats the point of spending a year or two developing a game that dies out in 6 months?