MakeWebGames

NOTEPAD++ Problems

Uridium

Is anyone who is using NOTEPAD++ Experiencing any weired behaviour

I recently sent 2 files back to my server and localhost that i spent hours writing on NOTEPAD++ only to find the most annoying error going

which was something on the lines of T_Uncapsed_White_space line 1

line 1 being <?PHP reading up on this error i thought i may have dropped the <?PHP to line 2 but nope it was deffo on line 1..

Whn i copied and pasted the entire script into Notepad instead of being layed out neatly it was full of these [ ] << Square blocks all over the place..

After chatting with My old pal Crimgame he worked out that NOTEPAD++ was at fault and the solution was to copy the entire code again on pastebin delete the file i had just made and paste back into a newly opened NOTEPAD++ file...

Is anyone who is using NOTEPAD++ Experiencing any weired behaviour

I recently sent 2 files back to my server and localhost that i spent hours writing on NOTEPAD++ only to find the most annoying error going

which was something on the lines of T_Uncapsed_White_space line 1

line 1 being <?PHP reading up on this error i thought i may have dropped the <?PHP to line 2 but nope it was deffo on line 1..

Whn i copied and pasted the entire script into Notepad instead of being layed out neatly it was full of these [ ] << Square blocks all over the place..

After chatting with My old pal Crimgame he worked out that NOTEPAD++ was at fault and the solution was to copy the entire code again on pastebin delete the file i had just made and paste back into a newly opened NOTEPAD++ file...

Update NP.

Danny, simply why?

Well no, not all IDE are made equals, even for PHP. You guys should at least try the PDT (or whatever it is called) for eclipse and see what auto-completion and inline help means.

Second, those square issues are normally issues with non-printable characters and could be created by copying odd things over. Not a bug of Notepad++ but more the tool you used to copy (so not the paste just the copy).

BTW I removed Danny useless post... non-sense.