MakeWebGames

Torn City Accounts

Cronus

• 2 weeks later...

I played it for two weeks and ended up with an island.

I was fedded 12 times under the same name...

I managed to talk my way out of Fed all those times.. was friends with staff... mostly fedded for Forum posts... joking wasnt permitted... a lot of uptight staff on power trips at that time...

I made a fortune buying cheap dogs and naming them PEDIGREE and then a dogs name and charging as if they were Pedigrees hahahaha

When I tried TC it was with 12 friends from a chat room... that game broke up the friendships...

people were way too in to the game... took things very personal..

some managed to get over it...some years later still not over it... most dont play it... they feel cheated, betrayed, many complain about all they invested and how the game screwed them... people put in false complaints, bad decisions against em, people Fedded...

a big mess... its what made me want to put a game up... to be loyal to players... to be fair and relaxed and to have a sense of humor... but its a lot of work...

its what made me want to put a game up... to be loyal to players... to be fair and relaxed and to have a sense of humor... but its a lot of work...

That's what made me want to learn php too, but I just don't have the willpower to start a game on my own. So I'm continuing to learn php for now to expand the sports website I develop.

Ok, it didn't happen to me on Torn City, heck I don't even think I have had an account there, but on another game (a somewhat known game, but I'm not here to badmouth anyone), the staff became very different after they expanded. A lot more uptight, and had a clear segregation in players, those who could break the rules freely and those who couldn't. Unfortunately I was on the side of those who were being watched like hawks, every move we made was monitored, and on a few occasions they read our mail messages to see what we were talking about/planning, and stupidly enough let us know they were reading them. I got a temp ban for 3 days for sending a msn address to a player via "private" mail. This was annoying as other players were posting theirs publicly and that was fine. A great friend of mine was also banned for saying his account was hacked, and they just banned him straight away without investigating. He didn't care at all because he never donated, so we thought this was maybe why. And a top player, donated an easy 5 figures in 2 years, constantly swore, made racial slurs and made several accounts was only temp banned once for 3 days. Double standards was/is rife among them.

The power of money spoke there, and the treatment of players drove me to MWG. Thankfully, the community here is much more welcoming and friendly, and that's why I've been content to shelf my plans to make any game and just sit here and learn everything PHP has to offer.

"The power of money spoke there, and the treatment of

players drove me to MWG. Thankfully, the community here is much more welcoming

and friendly"

I could not agree more. I want to back track to my post because it makes me

look bad for two reasons. One the Pedigree thing was done to be funny... I

always gave the money back... The island thing was done by a staff member and

then they fedded me simply because I had an island. It was not me doing any

cheating... I do not know ANYTHING AT ALL about exploits... I never researched

or read up on that... not my thing. I was just too vocal in the forums and the

Staff wanted to punish me... I accept that...

but what you said about money ruling... I saw that in TC but both ways... I

seen big spenders allowed to abuse other players... get away with violations

all that... at the same time I seen BIG SPENDERS get tossed out like yesterdays

trash because someone lied about them.

(I am not at all talking about myself. I have no axe to grind with TC...

I just think TC should have a story line... and IN MY OPINION -for what it is

or is not worth- I'd like Cheb to show some loyalty to MCCodes... don't bite

the hand that fed you! It only serves to make you seem like an ingrate, a fraud

and someone so greedy they refuse to share the limelight. Is it not enough to

reap all those profits... must he also want credit that's undeserved as it to

justify all the profits. A game that satisfies the players THAT justifies the

profits!)

I have a few friends, ages 30 to 40 who are still upset over the way TC treated

em... still griping about what they spent, what they had, what stupid choices

Ched made like the donator packs cannot be sold in game or whatever... the

racing game is boring.. Infrastructure... when you have Torn City Money you can

afford to HIRE someone to revamp the racing codes so people can race for

regies... give em what they want when they spend that kind of money. I don’t

think a game should be run like a whore... where you get the John to spend...

then you try to rob him or give him an unsatisfactory experience (I have no

knowledge of hookers- never been with one.. TC was the closest I ever came to

hooker sex) and then walk around with the purple pimp hat saying: "Mccodes

Shyyyyyt - Iz U Ignorant I iz a self made man!" If I want to be sold a

fantasy I'll visit the Disney channel!

A game is just that - it shouldn’t emotional damage anyone... spiritually

cripple players... the game owner shouldn’t pride himself in his ability to

disappoint and alienate players... I see the TC cycle, people start out loving

and praising it until STAFF craps on them... until they get less than

satisfactory treatment, little respect, abuse... I don’t see why Admins or

staff have to be snotty, have a god complex or a snippy attitude... again thats

back to the hooker john thing... to resent your clientele... like even try and

love what you do.. Spend your precious life on what you enjoy... and don’t pee

in other peoples pools along the way... I don’t want to be big like cheb... I

also don’t want to be disliked the way he is... I don’t want all these people

in the world concentrating negative thoughts on me...

But it would be cool to be able to sign in to a game where people laugh, people

appreciate the thought behind the pages... I'm not aspiring to be a dictator,

bully or any kind of pimp

Nice thoughts there mr_shuu. Like I said, have never played TC but can account for donators over non-donators favourtism. I can see from other threads you are making a game yourself. Please, when you are ready for release, let me know. I'd be happy to play a game where its fair for all. Any help you need to speed it up, let me know also, as I'd be happy to help out someone who's in it for the right reasons.

WOW

Thank you. Same here. If you are working on a game and need some help I'll always kick in help.

I have a long way to go on my game because I am looking to go forward by starting in the past. remember

Willie Crowthers interactive fiction game ADVENT (1975-76)?

I want to set up a different chapter in each city.. complete one and you can enter the next chapter when you reach the next city. Its simple enough but I want to put my own twist on it. Its still the regular game but I'm thinking a missions mod made from the streets.php (found here on search)

Award not items.. but new stats needed for future episodic adventures serving story line of over all game while the regular game is playing- this is what my friends want to play... they dont want arcade games in the game.. they want adventure in the game.. seanybob has a mod where people turn into zombies... I have nt read the code yet but that's exactly the kind of Mod my friends would like because you can make that suit your game... a certain city has a plaque.. you have to successfully maneuver through a mission to get sick, to get in to a lab, to find a cure, to be able to get to the next citys streets mission. All simple to do using streets.php

So I have work to do. I can swing it. I tried to give ideas away in pms and some contributors here are open and receptive to generosity... some use it as a launch pad to make a smug remark or a put down.. we're all nerds here... no reason for this to be a revenge of the nerds scenario hahaha.. I appreciate how you treat others.. Sniko, Paul, Blade, Illusions are also very cool people. I wouldn't have a game in the works if it wasn't for these people and if this site wasn't here. I feel like I'm Lassie... my friends are trapped in a (Torn City) well and I ran here to get them rescue (Alternative place/game to visit - where they will be treated fairly and with respect)