MakeWebGames

Looking for data input person for mccodes game

Lilith

I am looking for someone who will be willing to sign a nondisclosure agreement and fax/scan it back to my office along with photo ID.

Qualifications:

1. Must be over 18 years of age. (my local NDA laws require this, or a parent or guardian must be willing to co-sign.)

2. Must be able to read an excel spreadsheet

3. Must be able to Copy information accurately and place it in the correct places within the mccodes staff panel.

4. Applicant must have a verified pay-pal account to receive payment.

a portion of this job will be creating descriptions for items, so creativity and originality is a must.

The chosen applicant will be investing aprox 10 hours to this project.

additional work may be available if favorable output is seen.

Job pays $100 USD upon satisfactory completion of the project. Deadline will be 5 days after being notified you are the chosen applicant and can begin work. Failure to meet the deadline or complete the job will result in non-payment.

IF you are interested, please post here with why you want this job, what skills you have, and why I should hire you.

I reserve the right to not choose an applicant from this post.

Well here you are with an easy baby example: http://base.nowhere-else.org/temp/sql.zip

Basically in the first 3 columns you have your data (which could be yet over a lot more columns) and on the 5th column you have a formula which produce the SQL statement. You can see that basically I just do string concatenations using the & operator so "string"&A1 will concatenate the string with the content of A1.

Now if you select one of the formula and grab the bottom right "black box" and drag it, it will copy the formula over an area... which is great if you need to make more rows with the same formula. Excel will also point to the new row and therefore you will have all the SQL generated for you. Remains to select the column copy and paste it into phpMyAdmin and you are ready to insert 1000 lines in batch.

can you insert from an ecell spreadsheet? I really dont want to take the time to type it all out again .... and theres a considerable amount of data to be typed in. I am interested in this process as well, but planned on making a data entry position in the staff acess just for this purpose, so the data person wouldnt have full acess to staff panell. This seems a whole lot easier than NDAs ect.

As my excel example shows you create the INSERT statement directly out of excel. You don't need to type it again as you just type once the excel formula and then copy / expand it over the rows required. Excel will then generate all the INSERT statements. You then copy those cells and paste them as any other SQL text and you will have your fresh data in your database. I use that all the time not only with MySQL but also with Oracle. So I know it works very well ;)

The person would still have to enter Description's, but it sure would save a lot of time.

Hey Lilith. I am interested in this job. I want the job because I need money of course. I can type at over 90wpm and I am a experienced php/mySQL programmer. I also have never used any "admin access" given to me in ways I should not.

Thanks to A_B for the example it wouldnt have crossed my mind to do data into excel and then import it. Ive also since read from here about using excel as a ODBC data source.

This is a great way for your requirements Lilith as you can supply the data input person with an excel template they input the data and then you can run it into the database.

They never need any kind of admin access. Can work on or offline.

2 massive areas of my gameplay will be done like this as soon as ive got a moment to do the template and get the ball rolling.

I have to go with Alain here, except that I have to write all the descriptions into excel, this is absolutely the way to go. Thanks Alain! Sim, if you are interested in writing these descriptions, id be willing to strike up a deal with you via private mail. Consider this position filled by Microsoft.