MakeWebGames

McCode Layout

bladewolf2010

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Templates can cost alot of money, although you get what you pay for IMO

Medeval themed games are actually quite interesting but i think the person above me is correct in saying they don't make much money although I think Dave/Peter did quite well in a templar based game.

Why not switch to a 3 masons idea people are always curious about them ;) curiosity is always a good marketing technique, you can easily read up on the 3 masons and make up afew storyline.

Although i wouldn't make it too crazy as the 3 masons are everywhere ;) lol i bet there is atleast 3 masons on MWG (2 i know of)

don't make a mid evil.... never make any money.... trust me... people pay for mafia based or really jail based.................................................

Well medieval games based around the mccodes setup (gangs, crystals etc…) are boring, and rarely gets anywhere there is potential there. It’s the engine based around a mafia setup NOT that the genera fails to attract players.

@ DJK - Yeah :) actually i don't know there are afew die hard Auf Wiedersehen fans out there lol

Even so, there's die hard Coffee fans (I should know I'm signed up) but I wouldn't make a game about it...

Though I see your point, but the original point is even though the audience of these types of games is diverse, the only ones that do well usually are either the crime/mafia/other crap like the previous two, or a type of simulation (which in itself is a wide range of different genres all rolled up into one).

Medieval has it's stand, but there is no denying the crime world has taken it's spot as one of the most used (dare I say overused) genres of browser games.

We also have,

Space,

Racing,

Adventure RPG,

Some form of supernatural genre (Heaven vs Hell, Vampires (which is my next project 8o ) sort of thing.

While I agree be unique, cult (media cult, don't get all freaky on me) followings generally have there upsides (take Due South for example (sorry TV Film/Series reference)),

unequivocally the way to go for the money and the general success in PBBG has to be that overused genre of crime.

I've yet to see an Army/(today's Military) based genre do well in the form of PBBG, although it has done exceptionally well in other forms of games (for example video games and the 'Call Of Duty'/'Medal Of Honor' series', but who knows maybe that's the next big thing after everyone gets over the whole crime fiasco.

• 4 weeks later...