MakeWebGames

layout help, Please clue me in

Lilith

Ive spent many hours/days/weeks trying to get the exact layout for my game that I had in mind, and im soooo close! but here lies the problem, I cant figure out where to insert the

into my header to put in the image I want behind the game. a picture is worth a thousand words.
screenshot.png

See that nasty black box???? yeah, its supposed to have
colbg.png

behind the text via the

Here is the css lines that pertain to that image (i have two of them that ore only slightly different, you get the point)

.col_wrap{background:url(/images/colbg.png) top repeat-y;width:780px; float:left;}
.col{background:url(/images/colbgtop.png) top repeat-y;width:780px; float:left;}

and here is my header file.

http://pastebin.com/neBSZ46t

Thanks in advance for any hints, tips tricks ect.

When I used to have the prob I went to argon or Dayo I forgot but one of them helped me when i was doing stuff like that its nasty now so i just have a real professional layout not saying yours is not professional but i mean get it made by photoshop and all not a pic lol but yah it has to do with somehting next to url then then location of the image i forgot i am trying to think about instead of url will be background: image (The locaton) and no repeat i could be wrong!

pastebin link is dead so heres an idea not sure if its laid out like this but...

maybe try and start your

<div class="col_wrap">

<div class="col">

at the end of your leftmenu file and then

</div>

</div>

at the begining of your footer file i would think that would leave the body enclosed in your col wrapper

function menuarea()
{
	include "mainmenu.php";
	global $ir,$c;
	print '</td><td width="2" class="linegrad" bgcolor="#'.$bgcolor.'"></td><td width="80%"  bgcolor="#'.$bgcolor.'" valign="top">
<center>';
	if($ir['hospital'])
		{
			print "[b]NB:[/b] You are currently in hospital for {$ir['hospital']} minutes.
";
		}
	if($ir['jail'])
		{
			print "[b]NB:[/b] You are currently in jail for {$ir['jail']} minutes.
";
		}
	print "[url='Donate.php'][b]Donate to {$set['game_name']} now for game benefits![/b][/url]
";
}

This should be what you need to edit. It is the opening for the right hand side of your layout (the black area).

<td width="80%"  bgcolor="#'.$bgcolor.'" valign="top">

Could change it to...

<td width="80%"  style="background-image:url('images/colbg.png');" valign="top">

@analog that just gives me an error message, unexpected t string thing.

@dayo, yes I wish to replace the black background with that image via css

I have figured it out because of your help. I had to add (class="col_wrap") to

<td width="80%" class="col_wrap" bgcolor="#'.$bgcolor.'" valign="top">
<center>';

Now to create the footer :) thanks again for all your help!