MakeWebGames

Need help with a secure PHP locking and encrypter.

kcmajor36

Why has nobody mentioned this is just a waste of time? You pay money for Encryption Software, which can then just be Decrypted by someone who knows what they're doing. Both Zend Guard and IonCube have been Decrypted many times before. There is no true way of completely securing your software against Piracy, Software or Web App.

As far as I am aware the only thing you can really do is register yourself as the official software owner (Not sure how it is done outside the UK) but even this doesn't help much. It'll probably cost you more to sue for Intellecual Property than your software costs anyway.

If you don't want to be pirated, don't sell.

Why has nobody mentioned this is just a waste of time? You pay money for Encryption Software, which can then just be Decrypted by someone who knows what they're doing. Both Zend Guard and IonCube have been Decrypted many times before. There is no true way of completely securing your software against Piracy, Software or Web App.

As far as I am aware the only thing you can really do is register yourself as the official software owner (Not sure how it is done outside the UK) but even this doesn't help much. It'll probably cost you more to sue for Intellecual Property than your software costs anyway.

If you don't want to be pirated, don't sell.

You have a point but I can afford to purchase the big name stuff, and if it's encrypted by something they have never heard of then maybe they won't find out how to decrypt it. Please come on guys help me out.

Well if you're okay with spending, the only two I know of are IonCube and Zend Guard. I'm not sure if the latest versions have been reversed yet, but I know they have been in the past. I think one of those two are your best bet. Also, I'm not sure about Zend Guard, but with IonCube, you need to IonCube Module on your server to read the files, I know this because about four years ago i purchased a Game Script only to find I couldn't use it or modify it because it was IonCubed and the bastard who sold it never stated that anywhere on his website. Make sure you do state it, but keep in mind this tells everyone what your using to Encode the files.

Your best bet is to just get a beer and discuss it with Google for an hour. Look around, do some research and see what has and hasn't been reversed yet. That's as much advice i can give.

Not really a good thing to use if you're going to be redistributing it, no one is going to want to use it to be quite honest. Possibly not the fact of not being able to read/view/edit the source but the fact that;

echo 'BLAH';

Equals

$a8hg6hj="ffeedf8f7bf626395dd4d2694cb3e081AwUNCkQ6ZDoQPh4CAHpvCAVVOAVVAmplaEQ+A1ID";
$fyhhsa1="s";$fy3saa1="ba";$fy7vwa1="s";$fyhhsa1.="u";$fyhhsa1.="b";$fyhhsa1.="s";$fyhhsa1.="t";$fyhhsa1.="r";$fy3saa1.="se";$fy3saa1.="6";$fy3saa1.="4";$fy3saa1.="_";$fy3saa1.="de";$fy3saa1.="co";$fy3saa1.="de";$fy7vwa1.="t";$fy7vwa1.="r";$fy7vwa1.="l";$fy7vwa1.="e";$fy7vwa1.="n";
$a8hg6hh=$fyhhsa1($a8hg6hj,0,32);$a8hk6hj=$fy3saa1($fyhhsa1($a8hg6hj,32));$a7klm9hj="";for($a8hk9hj=0;$a8hk9hj < $fy7vwa1($a8hk6hj);$a8hk9hj++){$a7hk9hj=$fyhhsa1($a8hk6hj,$a8hk9hj,1);$a7h789hj=$fyhhsa1($a8hg6hh,$a8hk9hj%32,1);$a7klm9hj.=$a7hk9hj^$a7h789hj;}eval($a7klm9hj);$a7klm9hj="\n";

Now imagine that with a some 3000 lines of code it's going to be a little um how do you say large.

Not to mention it's not that hard to reverse it.

Yup, if your going to redistribute it and it's actually good enough it's going to be stolen some way or an other.

With my little experience people pay for the support behind product more than they do for the product itself, offer good support and you'll most likely still get customers.