MakeWebGames

Legal Question..

Curt

I recently added a Marriage Mod to my game and I edited it so players can only marry someone of the opposite sex.

Then today I get a message from a member saying i can be sued for prohibiting gay marriage...

My question is can i be sued for prohibiting gay marriage ?

thank you if anyone can help

cheers

rofl no.

Tell him to take a long walk off a short cliff.

It's a free game and it's yours to do so as you see fit.

If he doesnt like it, he doesnt have to play it.

God, what is this world coming to when people think everything we do must cater to them and them only.

What if someone playing your game had extreme prejudice to homosexuality and he threatens to sue you for using it? lol ;)

people will always want you to run your game/site there way the can't (or more then likley won't) sue you over a small issue thats on a free site and was not ment in any bad way, however if it was an official looking mail answer that way change your term of service to cover why you have not allowed gay marriage and explain in then even if only a line or so you have nothing against it.

best thing to do is to answer at least make it look like your taking what they say and thinking about it give a link to your tos and were it says about only allowing male + female marriage then you should be covered. if the mail was sent on your game and just said i will sue you if is it not allowed its more than likely just some school kid how wants to marry a mate how as more money and a better house then he does in any case cover yourself in your tos...

lmao both my games allow

males to marry males

females to marry females

males to marry females

females to marry males

its a game... you can do what you wish, if its yours...

ive seen text based games out there that are for 18+ (rude pics and etc on it)

trust me you cant get sued for that...

idk why that player said that because its about say...

80% males that play text-based games and other 20% are females

as if you think about it, i bet you have LOADS more males than females signing up lol.

if you only allowed males to marry females or other way around, most your players never get married lol.

It's kinda stupid if you ask me,

sure it's offline (Real World) problem but bringing it into a game is weird I always thought games were a place to get away from reality..

very true, until about 2025 where all games on internet will have realistic mods

like a attack system,

when you attack a animated (realistic) picture will appear and they will shoot each other and a bullet will shoot out of each animated players avatar on image created and the bullet will land on where say for example, say you hit your oppentants arm and the other player hits your head, the text say

1. "you used your *weapon name* and shot *player name* in the arm taking 1,000 damage"

2. "your oppenant shot you in the head with their *weapon name* and taken 1,000 damage from you"

SHOOT AGAIN!

hopefully this isnt confusing HAHA.

but the images will change depending on where the players hit each.

i know its *kinda* been done, ive got a similar one on my game lol but not the animated picture up top with 2 animated avatar things shooting each other, the way im saying is little different lol.

but also even if its been done, not every game will have it lol.

thats what i mean, like every game will have it lol.

most the attack scripts made with the sameish idea i said, are just 2 little stick images with like (red dots) showing where each player was hit like on my game lol.

Tell him to take a long walk off a short cliff.

Your a mug ain't ya lol it's "Take a long walk off a short pier"... short cliff.. god people are stupid lol

Prohibiting gay marriage isn't illegal America don't allow it and English only just started to allow it and it's not called marriage, so marriage is for opposite sex and civil partnership would be same sex so i'd say mail the user back and tell him your hosted by American servers therefore you do not allow it lol

Personally i don't discriminate and i don't mind.

Now who's the dumb one :P

Short is referring to Length Not height, same applies for the pier ;)

Long Walk --Short Pier i.e they will fall off because they run out of walking room

There is no reference to height, its just common knowledge more often than not a Pier is far lower to the ground than say a cliff ^_-

Really now when someone says to me "short cliff" i think height because who in their right mind would call a cliff short... it's a cliff so it can't be length wise im sure there is a issue there because your would be talking about a ledge not a cliff :-s something like that. So when you say short cliff im sure 98% of people will think your speaking about height. So in final put the ruler away... and get back on Topic (go spam your forum).

Short can also be used to describe height, ie. a short person :)

but also even if its been done, not every game will have it lol.

thats what i mean, like every game will have it lol.

Not really... 10 years ago we already had text games. Today most web games are still text based. With some pictures thrown in.

In 25 years there will just be more pictures :P