MakeWebGames

A challenge...

Clueless

hi there :)

yes a challenge... in short...

Im a gal and play an onlinegame :) facts of the issue:

player stats

potence,agility,fortitude. all used when attacking other players, the higher they are the more chance of winning.

weapons:

2 can be slotted plus a bodyguard, also effective during attacks. available weapons and bodyguard range from small and cheap to expensive and tough, used to enhance the stats i presume ?

pretty straight forward it seems right? no

here are the issues:

1> player X, huge stats and big guns and bodyg attacks Y a lower level player in stats, guns ,bodyg and loses!

2> player Y unequips bodyg and with same stats and guns as before attacks player X and wins!

Also the stat levels are very high in some players ., billions per individual stat.

question:

could it be that the huge stats numbers mess up the coding ? thus making the above happen ?

needless to say both issues should not be possible. it is also not a one time occurrence.

I understand there is always a randomness factor included but this is a bit too much.

all i have for you guys is this: it isnt much but all and any advice is more than welcome.

$dam=(int) (($enweps[$weptouse]['weapon']*$odata['strength']/($youdata['guard']/1.5))*(rand(8000,12000)/10000));

im trying to help out a friend who claims this is all * normal in the game *

I dont think so!

please shed some light on this, I would be so grateful...

thank you for your time,

Clueless

needless to say both issues should not be possible. it is also not a one time occurrence.

Does it occur EVERY time?

It does sound like an overflow problem. Can you look up the stats of your BODYGUARD in your SQL tables and post them here? I'm betting that's where the issue is.

:D thank you soooooooooo much for replying!!

it does happen every time..... in one example a player with stats 5x! as high as the other player , but with same weapons and bodyg loses always.

I will get hold of the info you mentioned and get back here a.s.a.p. :D

:(

And here the story ends I guess.

I have no access to further info. Maker is convinced there is nothing wrong, I think admitting that there is a bug and/or willing to do any thing about it, is asking too much. :cursing:

wish I could come up with an answer,that can correct this so I can tell him what to do, so he doesnt have to * think...grrrr.

Anyway thanks for your time.

Clueless.

:!: hey i have seen that number before .... had to do with bank transfers. the amounts were too big and couldnt be sent in one go. thats when that weird number showed up. that was fixed btw....

uhm yeah the stats are in the billions....

example of one individual stat: ( of the 5 used in the game )

97,025,368,148 and there are a few who have even higher !

so in normal language :P stats above a certain amount arent included so to speak. ? ..

ok, so if it is int , what should that be changed to. ? float? bigint? lol .

i got those terms from reading the forum :P

thank you so much for taking the time to reply ! :D

Well bigint would allow it to have a larger number so that's not really the soloution.

For some reason my money is on some exploitable script within the game that people are using the their advantage.

As most games that don't have known exploits don't usually have stats higher than a couple thousand at most.

I now know it was changed to float... so game accepts such high numbers with that ?

no scripts, its normal as training is also high, think he under estimated the players.

so if thats not the prob. we are back to * overflow * ? whatever that is lol...

still doesnt explain why player without bodyguard equipped is stronger than with... ( see first post )

unless... partial stats arent included in the equasion....

im thrilled to have you guys take the time to reply! :thumbsup:

I cannot give you an actual correct answer to this Bodyguard problem as I don't know how it has been done :S

All I can say is hope that the owner can fix it before all the players leave..

We will more than happily help when we can however here there is not right lot we can do sorry.