MakeWebGames

Kestrel's daughter Ysabella

mdshare

A fellow player at multiple games for several years finally told me more family stuff and actually I didn't like it ...

So I would like to ask our community to visit last years article at a known newspaper at the UK http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1173512/The-leukaemia-girl-baby-brother-saviour.html

I would also like to ask to get in touch with Kes (Kelvin) and eventually help his daughter with some donations, yet he still has to signup here :p

Thanks for your efforts and I'll ask kes to join MWG and keep us up to date as posting pictures.

md

Hi

Hi,

Thank you Mdshare for posting this article (not the best picture of me and I know my wife hates her picture too lol) Ysabella looks good though and Ezekial is so much smaller than I remember..they grow so fast!!

Anyway, just wanted to say that the event that you mentioned but edited out http://www.justgiving.co.uk/kelvinstrudwick was a while ago now and is completed so the link to the justgiving site just provides details of what i did and why; It was a 350 mile charity cycle ride from lake Titicaca to Macchu Pichu in Peru to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support. It was a great experience in many ways and I would do it again tomorrow if i could. I managed to raise just under £6000 for Macmillan Cancer Support. Actually, if you guys are interested, these events are held every year in different locations around the world. http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Fundraising/Fundraising.aspx

I will register with a photo site and post some pics of the trip.

Regards

Kes

That is indeed sad and I'd hate to imagine what you went through,

I'm glad to hear that Ysabella is doing better now.

The trip to Peru sounds like an epicially tiresome journey :P and it was nice to meet you in the chat Kestrel :)

I wish you and your family all the best.

Kes you've been through too much, with your daughter having cancer, and now the chances still remain of it returning. All i can say to you is, keep your hopes high and keep her on a healthy diet, as well as taking care of her so she dosen't get entangled with other diseases out there.

Try keep the family laughing and cheerful as much as you can, possibly even try to forget the past or let it behind you. Getting back to normal life, will help you feel better so you could try and finish of things you started before this event took place, or start something new.

Remember to every darkness there is light, and i'm sure light will come your way. Even if it take time, it will surley come.

Amen.

- Redex

Hello Kevin,

It is great to here that Ysabella, received the treatment successfully, even though there is a chance of it coming back.

I had a form of cancer a few years back (Ewing sarcoma to the right humerus), at the time chemotherapy was only in trail stages, as i am writing this now i am sure you can tell it was a success, even though i now have a few scars and my right arm is buggered, at least i am still here.

I know the worry is always there about it coming back and i have now been clear for 13 years (i was 4 when i was clear).

The thing i find that helps most for me is to look back and think that chemo was only in trials back then, now look at it one of the best treatments. That just shows technology and medicine just keeps improving.

Every year i do events for the Macmillan cancer charity, along with events for GOSH (Great ormond street children's hospital).

**Forever hoping one day the will be a permanent cure for all forms of cancer**

Kes,

I'm so sorry to hear about your fight and would be more than willing to be offering donations to you in order to help should i have an actively running game at the moment, i hope that things work out and want you to know that you are in my thoughts.

Stay strong and remember:

Carpe Diem.