MakeWebGames

Advert experiences and feeback

a_bertrand

Anybody had experience with directly paying webmasters for ads on their sites? Like buysellads.com and whatnot where you can buy ads off sites, including game-related ones. I wonder if it's more cost-effective than advertising networks.

Yes! It works great :) Not via sites like buysellads.cum, but directly from the webmaters.

Have you tried using stuff like Chrome Web Store?

No I haven't! Thanks for the suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

The main thing with advertising is just trying places out and see what works best for you but you’ve also got to remember it’s not always the site your advertising on that might be at fault for your ads not being massively effective. You need interested, well designed & eye-catching banners to get that players attention

The main thing with advertising is just trying places out and see what works best for you but you’ve also got to remember it’s not always the site your advertising on that might be at fault for your ads not being massively effective. You need interested, well designed & eye-catching banners to get that players attention

Of course, but I think when we're discussing advertising we have to give the benefit of the doubt and assume everyone's site is in top shape.

Of course, but I think when we're discussing advertising we have to give the benefit of the doubt and assume everyone's site is in top shape.

I disagree. Different sites can have very different conversion rates (amount of visitors clicking your banner divided by how many actually register). This is why you should have the register form on the frontpage, with as few fields as possible. You have to make it as easy as f*cking possible for people to sign up. If your site then has a small register-link barely visible you might find that none of your advertising efforts are worth it.

I disagree. Different sites can have very different conversion rates (amount of visitors clicking your banner divided by how many actually register). This is why you should have the register form on the frontpage, with as few fields as possible. You have to make it as easy as f*cking possible for people to sign up. If your site then has a small register-link barely visible you might find that none of your advertising efforts are worth it.

You misunderstand me. Of course these are all very important factors, but when you're in a thread like this trying to discern who are the best advertising networks then you have to assume that that part of the equation (this variable we can use to quantify the quality/ease of use of your site) is going to be constant. A good website with a good game and easy sign up should be inherent in your design and your delivery of your browser game - discussing things like which site to place your advert should be treated independently. Hence we have a thread here dedicated to advertising and not advertising in conjunction with ease of registration. How to make your site have a good conversion ratio is a different discussion to where to put your advert.

I'm not saying your website is irrelevant in the equation, I am saying that when one gives advice about where to advertise they don't know if your site is crap or not.

Edited by Mint Berry Crunch
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...