MakeWebGames

3d?

Blade Maker

Guest georgelink

Well, you would have to learn Flash or something that TribleWars Uses. (ma by flex?) Then you will have to be a great computer artist.

Practice makes perfect!

1) Welcome back Scarlet! Happy you appeared back!

2) I merged your two threads Kirbygamemaker, and this is the second time is I'm right. So please avoid to spam the forums with multiple times the same issues.

3) Honestly I have an hard time to decide if it's a 2D or 3D art. I would tend to say it's a 3D based image, which may have been retouched in 2D after. Why? Because the shadows, and positions of the objects seems a bit too perfect for a simple 2D art. However it doesn't change much, if you do it in 3D or 2D in both case it will takes you a lot of time and efforts.

• 2 months later...

I can bet that it was painted by hand. 2d.

But it could have been done in 3d without any problems, in fact, it would have been very easy. But to achieve those smaller details such as trees, ground it would have been retouched in photoshop. I do that to all of my 3d work, for it is much more simple to quickly post prod. it in a 2d software, rather than (let's use trees as an example) paint all of the textures for the low poly meshes of trees.

Its a good design.

If i was doing something like that I would sketch it on A3 size paper so i could get the detail. Scan it onto my PC then digitise it in photoshop.

Of if you have a wacom you could do it straight into photoshop or corel etc.

• 3 months later...

I'd say it could have been made in a Software called Autodesk 3D Max (or something that works on the same principle) and different lighting effects added. Although it could have been made in Photoshop, or a software with the same principle.

Lol, that's 3D modeling + photoshop, same for ikariam.

Step 1. get Blender http://www.blender.org/, it's free for commercial use, easy to handle and low resource cost for rendering.

Step 2. Blender.org has a lot of video tutorials to get started with.

Step 3. Gimp shop ( similar to photoshop ) but it's commercial free.

Step 4. Swish-Max for easy animation

Voile !

Wanna be a pro ?

Get 3D Studio Max or Cinema4D, photoshop, then after effects, then flash.

Wanna be a uberpro ?

F**k the programs get O Reilly's books, learn like a maniac, make the game, then submit your CV + game to EA/BLizzard/Ubi etc...

:) my opinion