MakeWebGames

Epilogue Engine

ishmell

Hello,

The past few weeks I have been working on my own PBBG engine. The engines name is Epilogue Engine which will be found at www.epilengine.com. The Epilogue Engine LITE is going to be a free open source text based game engine. We are nearing the completion of the LITE edition 1.0. The LITE edition 0.5 has already been released which supply's the basic structure of a game without any actual content.

There is only some content left to develop with the LITE edition 1.0. Since im the main programmer, things are taking quite some time. Im looking for one or two other intermediate or above php programmers that would be willing to help out with the fallowing below.

• P2P Message System
  • Weapons Shop
  • User Shops
  • Top User Shops List

Since the engine is open source there is no actual pay. But you do get credit and may be asked to help out with the Epilogue Engine V1 & V2's development in the future. Which wont be open source and will pay a steady amount.

Demo of the engine LITE edition can be viewed at http://www.demo.epilengine.com. Its not up to date but will be within the next day or two.

Some things the engine will be known for...

• Security - up to date with the latest php hacking countermeasures.
  • One Page Template - editing templates with EE is easier then ever before. You can change the entire games look including ingame, login, register, forgot password pages...etc with only one page.
  • Easy Template Integration - making any html/css template work with EE takes less than a minute.
  • Fully Supported - there will be video tutorials on getting started and using the engine to its fullest capability.
  • Supported Templates - the EE website will support free & paid templates for its users to download and integrate with there games
  • Supported Mods - the EE website will support free & paid modifications to allow users to download and change games to there liking.
  • Community Hub - the EE website will provide a nice community with forums allowing people using the engine to interact with each other. Also allowing gfx artists/programmers to make and sell templates/mods or post them for free.
  • Little MYSQL - the engine will have very little mysql related work for its users.

So if your interested in helping out with the php programming then either PM me or email me at [email protected]. Email is preferred but either works...

Re: Epilogue Engine

From looking at the download it would be something good to build off. From looking at the download you need a template engine. It makes life so much easier ;)

If you need any help on the project feel free to send me a mail.

Re: Epilogue Engine

Thanks POG1 thanks Joel. Yeh POG I sent you an email. I dont know if it went through or not.

Yeh, we are now looking for a moderator or two for the community forums. You need to have forum experience as both a member and a mod/admin. If anyone here would be interested in that position then be sure to contact me at the email provided above or reply here or PM me.

Ill also be sure to keep you guys updated here every now and then on the engines progress.

• 1 month later...