MakeWebGames

Battle ladder

Richard

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Battle ladder [Mccodes V2]

SQLS DO NOT INSERT THESE DIRECTLY INTO YOUR PHPMYADMIN Just save as ladder.sql and upload to your game site....

The reason for this is because its part of the Installation so you can create your first Tournament at setup..

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Open up global_func.php and add this piece near the top

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Now call this file tourny_installer.php

PART 2 to Follow

PART 2

call this file tourny_creator.php Thanks goes to TONKA For his help with this piece cheers pal :)

and add these links to your smenu.php

3 easy steps

1 = upload and amend files

2 = Run the installler adding your first tournament (becomes useless after 1st install cannot be used again until you have dropped the ladder_settings table via your phpmyadmin )

3 = Goto your admin panel and create more tourneys, edit and delete. For safety reasons Tournement ID 1 Cannot be deleted but it can be edited

Thats it,,,

some of the sqls from the battle_ladder.php will need to be changed to be able to use the ones from the admin panel yep my fault i gave the tables different names....

Regards deleting tourneys only tournament 1 is un-deleteable the rest you create can be deleted.

This looks like a nice mod and i would add this to my game most difinatley.

Eternal this MOD was tested on your game i just never added the smenu links as for avguste's post as i stated my tables for the battle_ladder are different and will need to be altered.

1 because i was doing the script offline and used my own sqls to set it up I will however change RICHARDS SQLS and battle_ladder script so it fits the one i posted.

This was a ailly error on my behalf i should have just used Richards SQLS..

Regards the DELETION of tournaments i will repost my copy as i know that one works or it maybe just that ive made an error on the smenu.php links...

nope.

The delete is not working.I created like 2-3 ladders and unable to delete them.

I get "Error: This script requires an action."

in your SMENU.PHP

change my Original link for delete which was.

TO

Sorry for the confusion

Illusions, i didn't go through your script thoroughly but if you want the actual attack ladder to work with all your specifics, ie. Max Level, min level, donator only etc etc, you need to actually provide the battle_ladder.php script which has been completely edited to suit your SQL tables and updates etc!

Sorry if i misread but is this still coming or do you not have one or is it not needed? lol

:-)

Illusions, i didn't go through your script thoroughly but if you want the actual attack ladder to work with all your specifics, ie. Max Level, min level, donator only etc etc, you need to actually provide the battle_ladder.php script which has been completely edited to suit your SQL tables and updates etc!

Sorry if i misread but is this still coming or do you not have one or is it not needed? lol

:-)

Cheers Radio :)

Yep im in process now of redoing RICHARDS original battle_ladder.php

It wont be using the same basis as the attackwon.php and attacklost.php or even attack.php

I thought as its a battle_ladder it would need its own attack script which has nothing to do with attacks outside of the ladder.

The querirs would still be the same however just the script names will be changed..

Ive already started on the battle_ladder.php so it shows if a user is in hospital that cant be attacked and the ability to show you your currrent history from those that have attacked you and from you attacking them.

and also if a user isnt of a certaion level only the levels they match up to will be displayed which is working fine.. also the password protected tournaments are working and the dontators part is working..

call this file battle_ladder.php

These tables that were given by RICHARD are no longer needed

put this in your mainmenu.php

But use the rest of RICHARDS setup for attackwon and attacklost + the SQLS for the members..

Few things ive done

1 = users can attack anyone once on a ladder but if they dont belong to that ladder NO score will be given for any wins

Scores will only be given to those that are on the same ladder...

2 = Users can only join a ladder that have their MAX level settings

This is what I ended up with after I edited the mod. I have used it for a while now and it work fine.

battle_ladder.php Im not sure that I changed anything in this file.

Then I used these for my sql. I added the min/max ladder level to heklp split the competition.

This is my battle_cron.php I dont have many players yet so the cron just pulls one name from each ladder and the money/crystals are lowered.

I put this in explore.php

Lastly I put this in attacktake.php. This fixes the bug allowing members of all ladders to earn points on each other. It also doesnt allow the score to go in the negative.

Thanks for the free mod m8.

• 2 weeks later...