MakeWebGames

Error Reporting...

Uridium

My server seems to be going mental and is reporting every small error even though it can be run correctly example... my $_SESSION always reports faults and $_GET is also reporting faults..

Notice: Undefined variable: page in /home/ml/public_html/DJcenter/dj/delete.php on line 9

I have one page with 50+ Error reports..

Does anyone know how to alter the php.ini on a Godaddy Virtual Server with their Java SSH....

Notice: Use of undefined constant name - assumed 'name' in /home/ml/public_html/DJcenter/dj/showtimetable.php on line 26

Notice: Use of undefined constant name - assumed 'name' in /home/ml/public_html/DJcenter/dj/showtimetable.php on line 26

Yet the script works fine...

im using Godaddys Virtual server just need to alter the php.ini from the SSH which isnt an easy task with Godaddy has anyone got any tips on how to do this.

Re: Error Reporting...

As far as what you can and cannot do with goddady, you're far better off calling their support techs. I was hosted by goddady and they have a pretty good support line, low wait times and real natural english speakers (no Indians with english as a third language (no offense) )

if you're on shared hosting, you're going to be very restricted...

but IIRC, go daddy puts a php ini right in your public html

you might even have a php.ini and a php5.ini

if you're running php 4 and php 5 concurrently

• 1 month later...

Re: Error Reporting...

Despite Floydian is right, in this situation, SomeRandomBastard placed the answer correct, placing the ini_set('error_reporting', 0); is far the best situation. I host a few sites on there and for some odd reason, some settings, even if correct on the php.ini, only worked if i used the ini_set() from within the needed file.