MakeWebGames

How did your RPG gaming start?

Undergroundcity

Re: How did your RPG gaming start?

I started with Rise of Terror when users started exploiting gliches I left it for Tryo Wars while at TW the owner showed me Torn City from TC I started my own game and since then ive started playing Rogue Vampires

Re: How did your RPG gaming start?

I started off playing FF2, FF3, Lunar for Sega CD (I'm older than most of you guys lol)

Next, I came into online MMO's Via Darkages www.darkages.com

FF online, and Wow.

Text based, Samurai of Legend was the first text based MMO I really played. I created Legends, frankly after being told by the Admin there that he didn't give two shits over the fact that his staff were rude, and that I didn't matter. This, after I had donated to his game...

So I talked to a couple of guys where I use to teach, UW! and they also played, and they told me that he's extremely rude and vulgar. I saw that he had a good market share and decided that If I did the opposite of what he does, I could easily gain users and run a fun game :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I started off with http://www.futurecriminal.com

Now its gone

At the same time I started playing TryoWars.

Now thats gone. the owner ran away with the donations.

I am currently rebuilding the game from memories.

Anyway I looked at a game called European Alies and bought it and Armageddon Dude helped me run it. It got deleted somehow.

I made lost warzone it was going really good and Samz hacked it and destroyed it. Such a bastard he was.

Now I made http://www.gangstercity.net and hope to keep that going for a really long time. Mr Anthony has helped securing it.

I first got into playing these type of games when I seen a post on craigslist under the free section, someone posted there referral link along with a promise to give those who signed up ingame money. The game was called mafiabattle.com...

I was hooked on playing them for at least a month or two before i began looking into creating them.

I was a PrisonStruggle player for a good while, that was my first game. It got real bad when all the top/regular players became divided, and were in constant war, and when admin stepped in, it became a case of who could cry the loudest. Unfortunately, my side didn't like crying to admins, so we fell on the rough side and got the short straw in every possible situation. Any went wrong, we were blamed/punished. It got too much and many of us just gave up and quit. I then came here because I felt I could handle players much better than they did on there, and I learned so much from this community. I now offer help to anyone who needs it, because in my opinion, that's what the community is all about. :)

• 2 months later...

about 9-10 years ago i started on Bootleggers, that's what got me into designing and thank god because i found my passion through it. I've played hundreds of text based games over the years and just recently found out about mccodes within the last year.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...