MakeWebGames

[FAQ] Developing locally on your own local PHP/MySQL/Apache server

mdshare

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Developing locally on your own local PHP/MySQL/Apache server

that's new to me, since when does it not exist

You can easily setup cron from Plesk >> Domains > domain name > Task scheduler > on a windows server

see the >>>> task scheduler <<<< that is the equivalent of the cronjobs on linux/unix servers if not installed on plesk you may need to install a 3rd party scheduling software which is easy found but very doubtfull it isn't installed.

• 3 weeks later...

Developing Mods locally on your own local PHP/MySQL/Apache server

Its easier than you might think!

I setup a dedicated local server once to let me do this but it turns out there is an even faster easier way to do it .

http://www.wampserver.com

wampserver is a complete software package allowing to use all the power and the flexibility that offers the dynamic language PHP and the effecient use of databases under Windows. Package includes an Apache server, a MySQL database, a fully PHP execution, as well as easy development tools for your web site or your applications.

Best part - its a one click install on your local system no need anymore to upload your scripts to a server, you can test them on your own PC.

And don't be afraid to experiment with php it's a very easy language to learn

As php/htm/whatever language editor I use Crimson Editor which is also free available at http://www.crimsoneditor.com/

md

OK im new to this so please can you help me i downloaded crimsoneditor now what do i do i want to create an rpg how do i write the script and how do i create the game? And i cant understand wampserver its on another language.

Well..

I don't use wamp, i put it on linux, thus i dont know wamp.

To make an rpg is fairly hard, depending on the type your making.

You will need some(more than 6 months) expierance with php, mysql.

Oh and un-like above, php isnt very easy to learn.

Strings: Yes, thats the easy part ;)

• 8 months later...

OK im new to this so please can you help me i downloaded crimsoneditor now what do i do i want to create an rpg how do i write the script and how do i create the game? And i cant understand wampserver its on another language.

Perhaps you should try your hand at making some mods first?

Or even better, just make up some scripts on your own. My suggestion for your first script, since you seem to wanna jump right in, is a login, logout script.

If you can make that work, then do an account creation script, and move on from there.

If you can't do that, you'll want to seriously think about coding your own game and have someone do it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

hi there

firstly this is my first post, total noob so please be gentle :-D

i am battling to install mccodes on a local server (Ravenswood-JS-1.0.12.1) i am using this since i use it to do my joomla template designs in and it is basically the same as xlammp etc.

Below is the error message that i get

1. Diagnostics >> 2. Configuration >> 3. Installation & Extras

Basic Diagnostic Results:

PHP version >= 4.2.0 OK

Game folder writable OK

MySQL support in PHP present OK

Game installed at root level of domain or subdomain Failed

One of the basic diagnostics failed, so Setup cannot continue. Please fix the ones that failed and try again.

Now i have no knowledge of php except for joomla template configs :oops: and only want to install mccodes to see what it is capable of before maybe buying v2.

Steps done so far :

1. phpadmin created blank database ( test)

2. sql db imported into above database

3. opened installer.php

4. got error message

5. googled trying to install code on local server

6. found your forum

7. been sitting around here swearing at my p.c and damaging my own self confidence

8. got revenge playing bf2 shooting peeps while shouting damm you .php :lol:

any advice or pointers would be appriciated, and yes total nOOB so no need to remind me. :)

MC Codes Installation

1. Config -> 2. Install

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES) in W:\www\joomla\installer.php on line 66

INSTALLATION ERROR: Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES)

> Back

steps taken created blank database test ( deleted the previous one ) installed db got to installer.php and entered following details:

Database Details:

MySQL Hostname: localhost

If unsure, localhost is the default on most servers

MySQL Username: root

MySQL Password: root

MySQL Database: test

Please make sure the user has access to the database.

Admin Details

Admin Username: admin

Admin Password: admin

Confirm Password: admin

Admin Email Address: [email protected]

i then get the error message, so maybe i need to edit config.php ( whats needed in joomla), but i cannot find a config.php file

maybe i am ( well probably) being stupid and am missing something here, if so please hit me against the head call me stupid and then help me :-D

I know that I am asking for alot of hand holding but i seem to have hit a mental block to trying to figure this out, and my only point of reference is how i install joomla ( maybe this is the root of my problem)

Thanks in advance

ok tried something else deleted test db created new one called mccode went to mysql.php and saw the following:

<?php

$c = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'root');

mysql_select_db('mccode', $c);

$mykey=1513619456;

?>

now i get this error ( glad its not the same as previous but not sure if i am making progress), I live in South Africa and there are no posts about mccode, so thanks for the help so far.

MCCodes Installation

1. Config -> 2. InstallWrote mysql.php file...

INSTALLATION ERROR: Table 'adminlogs' already exists

> Back

I realize that my posts are long, but i am really trying to do a step by step so that hopefully this will be of help to other noobs once I/We have figured it out.

Now i am wondering if I must fill in these details in installer.php ?

print "Database Details:

<form action='installer.php?step=install' method='post'>

<table width='70%' border='1'>

<tr>

<td>MySQL Hostname:

If unsure, localhost is the default on most servers</td>

<td><input type='text' name='dbHostName' /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>MySQL Username:</td>

<td><input type='text' name='dbUserName' /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>MySQL Password:</td>

<td><input type='password' name='dbPassword' /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>MySQL Database:

Please make sure the user has access to the database.</td>

<td><input type='text' name='dbDatabase' /></td>

</tr>

</table>

<hr />

Admin Details

<table width='70%' border='1'>

<tr>

<td>Admin Username:</td>

<td><input type='text' name='adUsername' /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Admin Password:</td>

<td><input type='password' name='adPassword' /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Confirm Password:</td>

<td><input type='password' name='adCPassword' /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Admin Email Address:</td>

<td><input type='text' name='adEmail' /></td>

</tr>

</table>

<input type='submit' value='Install' />

</form>";

I am going to try this and see what happens, hope i am not flooding this topic

edit: that did nothing but give me the same error message:

MCCodes Installation

> Back

so i am now going to delete adminlogs via cpanel and see what happens, if nothing new happens i will go play some bf2 and wait for some expert help

deleted adminlogs, opened installer.php - filled in the details and...

MCCodes Installation

1. Config -> 2. InstallERROR: You did not fill in one or more elements of the form. Please go back and try again.

so i give up for now, beaten but not crushed

omg it gave me same error and then i remembered :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: the joomla local server has database username and password set to root

after i remembered that it worked as you said.

thank you thank you :) :)

• 1 month later...

Re: [FAQ] Developing locally on your own local PHP/MySQL/Apache server

xampp don't work on vista premium it's only compatible with vista ultimate i tried xampp on vista home premium and all i get is errors after installing to my desktop

What are the errors, normally it is supported across all distributions of the OS.

It might be a simple problem like an incorrectly configured startup script or config file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

MC Codes Installation

1. Config -> 2. Install

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES) in W:\www\joomla\installer.php on line 66

INSTALLATION ERROR: Access denied for user: 'admin@localhost' (Using password: YES)

> Back

steps taken created blank database test ( deleted the previous one ) installed db got to installer.php and entered following details:

Database Details:

MySQL Hostname: localhost

If unsure, localhost is the default on most servers

MySQL Username: root

MySQL Password: root

MySQL Database: test

Please make sure the user has access to the database.

Admin Details

Admin Username: admin

Admin Password: admin

Confirm Password: admin

Admin Email Address: [email protected]

i then get the error message, so maybe i need to edit config.php ( whats needed in joomla), but i cannot find a config.php file

maybe i am ( well probably) being stupid and am missing something here, if so please hit me against the head call me stupid and then help me :-D

I know that I am asking for alot of hand holding but i seem to have hit a mental block to trying to figure this out, and my only point of reference is how i install joomla ( maybe this is the root of my problem)

Thanks in advance

ok tried something else deleted test db created new one called mccode went to mysql.php and saw the following:

<?php

$c = mysql_connect('localhost', 'root', 'root');

mysql_select_db('mccode', $c);

$mykey=1513619456;

?>

now i get this error ( glad its not the same as previous but not sure if i am making progress), I live in South Africa and there are no posts about mccode, so thanks for the help so far.

MCCodes Installation

> Back

You've done almost everything right, the only problem now is that you have tables already existing, once you have created a DB don't add anything to it, just run installer.php and fill exactly how you did then, copy the crons, put them into the Cron Jobs, and you should be up and running in no time at all :)