MakeWebGames

[mccode v2] SafeHouse

Guest Sniko`

Someone wanted this MOD so i coded it they were going to pay me but got in a strop with me so didnt pay me i though ill help out all the people that post in free modifications so im posting it in for free

SAFEHOUSE MOD

pretty self explanatry dont you think, if any one wants to know what it does before installing it well this is what it does:

1)Keeps you safe (Cannot attack or be attacked)

2)Cannot Commit Crimes

3) Cannot travel

Well lets start with the coding

First create a file called safehouse.php and post this code in it

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Now create a file called insidesafehouse.php and put this code in it

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Now create a file called leavesafehouse.php and put this code in it

Now open attack.php and find

Under it add

Now go to viewuser.php and find

Under it add

Now run this SQL

NOTE: i dont think it works with IE but im SURE it works for Mozilla FireFox.

Please post postitive comments

If ive missed anything please post back i installed this around 2 weeks ago so i cant remeber other files ive editied but im sure thats all of them

THANKS

Your Kind Coder Sniko`

EDITED: added leavesafehouse.php Sorry Guys i left it out

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [V2] SafeHouse

the only down fall to this would be everyone that logs off can go to the safe house, this way no one can attack you.

maybe an idea for everyone, write in the hour cron for it to take you out after an hour, or write a whole new one where you can set it to take you out in 2 hours or 3 what ever our choice would be

hmm okay, but remeber when you r in a safehouse you cannot commit crimes or travel or attack so its pretty boring in there so i dont think the users will stay in their for long unless they are just a peaceful human LOL

oh i see, well in logout.php you could put:

i think that answers your question so when you logg out you arnt in a safehouse anymore

Its a good idea but I think you should like put time on the safe house or a user can just keep going in, If I was you I would update the safe house query by 5 then every time they go in the safe house take away 1 so then they would have 4 left, you could call it keys or what so ever or you could call it visits, so it would say (4 visits left) just giving you advice.

Good work anyway :-)

thanks exterminination so with the keys/visits idea you can only go to safehouse X amount of time through the whole experience through the game or a week or a day?

thanks exterminination so with the keys/visits idea you can only go to safehouse X amount of time through the whole experience through the game or a week or a day?

Depends how you want it, the easier way I would just update the safe house query by 5 then every time they visit the safe house take away 1 so when they reach 0 they would have to pay again for 5 visits etc

So really on the main page you could have:

Buy 5 visits - $500

Buy 10 visits - $1000

Buy 15 visits - $1500

Then when your in the safe house you could have something like this:

You have (5) Visits Left and so on...

Its just something useful :|

hmm...yeah good idea let down to it though when someone is in a safehouse then they could neva press safehouse.php so they wont be click unless they logout

Ok add a field called travelling

add to header.php

if travelling=blah blah print make sure to put the function exit at the end

Make sure travelling is updated to 60 when user goes safe house

add to minute cron take down travelling by 1 every minute

Add into header if user in safehouse print you are in safe house

To travel back click here it will take 60 minutes

make sure travelling is updated in both instances

Some decent posts here just adding my pennys worth. not that it counts for anything ;)

Good idea for safehouse but my oppinion would be you safe for an hour but cant enter for the rest of the day..

So you would need an Hour cron that times you out of the Safehouse and a Daycron that resets your value from 1 to zero on your tables obviously needed in the Users Table

then the protection system wouldn't be worth anything illusions :-P

Well like i said just putting my Penny's worth in, Seems pointless even so. I mean if your in there for protection whats the use of being in the game to begin with.

Number of possibilites would be.

1= They time out after a lengh of time.

2= They are charge by the hour for being in there

so would it be better if you had to pay every hour, or get kicked out after an hour, if you read through the posts i put more code in so when you logout your are kicked from the safehouse